Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineReynardTheFox
Stranger
I'm a teapot

New Kid on the Block + Question About Azurescens Hunting
    #24039500 - 01/25/17 06:29 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Greetings gents (and ladies...especially the ladies). Long time lurker here. Glad to be a part of this venerable community. I hope everyone is having a fine evening.

I have a couple of questions that some of the mushroom-hunting enthusiasts might want to help me with. If you can't answer my questions then you may be interested in the answers anyway. I want to know if anyone has ever spied psilocybe azurescens in British Columbia (in Vancouver specifically), and if not then I want to know whether you think it would be possible to establish a long-term/permanent azurescens presence in the region. The second question is not about whether an outdoor bed would be possible (which I'm certain it is), but whether azurescens might come to occupy a permanent niche throughout the region.

I have compared the temperatures of Vancouver, including average lowest temperatures in the winter, to Greys Harbor County in Washington (this is the region that is listed as being the furthest to the north that wild azurescens have been identified), and the lowest temperatures of Greys Harbour County are almost the same as those of Vancouver. The difference is literally within a range of 1-2 degrees Fahrenheit for the average winter lows, and the climate is virtually identical. If someone were to spread azurescens spores in a public crowded place in Vancouver suburbs, why couldn't these babies find a foothold? Could it be that a mere 1-2 degrees difference in temperature would be enough to give other fungi a huge advantage in competition with azurescens?

I'm disheartened that the most potent mushroom species listed in Paul Stamet's book can't be found in Canada. Any indication that there is hope of establishing this beautiful mushroom in Vancouver would be a welcome possibility for any Canadian on the site.

Any and all input is welcome!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheHunt
Known To Disturb An Ego
 User Gallery
Re: New Kid on the Block + Question About Azurescens Hunting [Re: ReynardTheFox]
    #24039647 - 01/25/17 07:41 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

http://mushroomobserver.org/name/map/5346?q=1r2s
Yes. and

The colder it gets quicker,the sooner the season ends.

So you might start looking 3 months before its documented that they appear. Good luck

--------------------
This is not a game. We are not players. We do not play.
Gymnopilus aeruginosus Gymnopilus luteofolius Panaeolopsis sp. Panaeolus bispora Panaeolus cinctulus Panaeolus olivaceus Pluteus salicinus Psilocybe allenii Psilocybe azurescens Psilocybe cyanescens Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata Psilocybe pelliculosa Psilocybe semilanceata Psilocybe stuntzii

OfflineReynardTheFox
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: New Kid on the Block + Question About Azurescens Hunting [Re: TheHunt]
    #24039719 - 01/25/17 08:17 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Brilliant. Thanks brother. Good luck in your hunts.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies