Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleboeha
explorer

Trippy Problems ...
    #2401874 - 03/04/04 09:09 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I always have problems understanding my environment while tripping:
for example:
- inability to read a digital clock; "I can't believe I forgot how to use time !  :cool: "
- people who are saying things, make no sense at all! Very tough talking to a sober person.
- Why the place where you trip always turns into a dump ! Garbage here, garbage there, garbage everywhere...

What other problems do you people have sometimes?

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshriek

Re: Trippy Problems ... [Re: boeha]
    #2401881 - 03/04/04 09:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

the thing i hate the most when tripping is talking in the phone

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2401887 - 03/04/04 09:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Technology!  I can't handle electronics while tripping because I get so darn confused!  :grin:  A popular quote I've heard around here is:  "Tripping and technology don't mix", and its so true!

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: Trippy Problems ... [Re: MOTH]
    #2401902 - 03/04/04 09:16 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was listening to some great music, and all of a sudden, one song kept repeating over and over and over (Random play is a relative issue with Windows Mediaplayer)
I couldn't find shit. I even forgot that you have to click your mouse in order to do something...

I guess I can relate to Ozzy Osbourne; he too seems to be having problems operating technology. "Oh No, I'm fucking stuck on the fucking weatherchannel again !" :smile:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Trippy Problems ... [Re: MOTH]
    #2402268 - 03/04/04 10:55 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If technology and tripping don't mix, which I halfway agree with, it always makes me wonder about Tim Leary, who was still tripping in his final days, when he was a complete technophile. He must have been able to do it.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2402452 - 03/04/04 11:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I get totally like that, I get so out of it, the only thing that gives me complete peace is being in the forrest or some remotely deserted place. My last trip I could hardly write on paper describing how I felt. It was kinda crazy because I HAD to look to the right as or the left by some curious force like I was being culled by my anxious curiousity because of all the crazy visuals going on around me... I had to jot down FAST. Talking with people isnt the easiest thing to do either (on a heavy trip), with other tripping people you can comunicate exactly what you mean with short sentences and almost unrelating words, but talking with sober people is more difficult and defenatley trying to keep a straight face when you're supposed, I'm on the verge of cracking up when I pass my mom or grandparents when tripping. Crazy shit.
With acid you're in more controll IMO.

I dont know what you mean about garbage everywhere, but when I have stuff in my pockets I have a hard time making out the importance of all the bullshit I have in my pockets, like "what the fuck is this stuff and why the fuck do i even have it!" and through the stuff away. I know my cigarettes, cell phone and wallet is important, thats it. I dont know why things like that should be important while tripping, but I know I'll miss those things in sobriety, lol!

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Trippy Problems ... [Re: filthysock]
    #2403090 - 03/04/04 02:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:

I dont know what you mean about garbage everywhere, but when I have stuff in my pockets I have a hard time making out the importance of all the bullshit I have in my pockets, like "what the fuck is this stuff and why the fuck do i even have it!"  and through the stuff away.  I know my cigarettes, cell phone and wallet is important, thats it.  I dont know why things like that should be important while tripping, but I know I'll miss those things in sobriety, lol!

OH man I've said the exact same thing.  I'll usually be hunting through the small pocket in my backpack for something, can't find it amongst all the stuff in there.  Its as if the part of your brain that recieves the sensory information from your hands can't connect with the part that identifies objects, I feel random stuff and can't make sense of it.  I then laugh really loudly and enthusiastically say "what the fuck is all this shit!"  it makes me laugh so hard for some reason. :confused:  If i'm able to look into the pocket, I can pretty easily locate stuff, but not by feeling alone.

--------------------

Offlinedjsoy
seeks the truth!
Male

Loc: CA - 805,818,808
Re: Trippy Problems ... [Re: filthysock]
    #2403108 - 03/04/04 02:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:
I dont know what you mean about garbage everywhere, but when I have stuff in my pockets I have a hard time making out the importance of all the bullshit I have in my pockets, like "what the fuck is this stuff and why the fuck do i even have it!" and through the stuff away. I know my cigarettes, cell phone and wallet is important, thats it. I dont know why things like that should be important while tripping, but I know I'll miss those things in sobriety, lol!

haha thats the funniest shit, i always carry around a backpack when im shrooming and when im at the peak im just like "what the fuck do i have this backpack for and all this bullshit inside of it" it just feels like clutter. haha funny stuff

--------------------
"The purpose of our lives is to be happy. " - Dalai Lama

Edited by djsoy (03/04/04 02:32 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom