Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCnadianCube
Stranger
Shrooms in my Area? (Southern Canada) Plz help!
    #2400874 - 03/03/04 11:36 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

I live near the southern end of Ontario(Canada), and was wondering if any Psychoactive mushrooms could possibly grow in my area. Our snowy winters obviously aren't good for growing, but summer is on its way, and in midsummer humidity can be very high, conditions can be rainy, and temperatures range anywhere from 18-40 Celsius (That's about 65-100 Fahrenheit fellow americans), and often for more then a week a humid/rainy/78 degree temperature is maintained. These conditions seem pretty darn good to me, but I'm new to this and haven't started a growing project of my own just yet. It isn't a far walk to a nearby farmer's field with loads of cow and horse manure. Would anyone in the area, or anyone that knows abnout these things be able to tell me wether or not shrooms can spawn where I am? Conditions seem right, but I'm not sure how far up north Cubes and other mushrooms can grow, and I haven't been able to find all the info I need about this with the search tool.
Thanks, CandianCube.
P.S. Some more info about where I live: I live in Canada's Capital, Ottawa. Many forests and fields are in the area. The farmer in question has grassy fields, with cows in the area, which feed off hay.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCnadianCube
Stranger
Re: Shrooms in my Area? (Southern Canada) Plz help! [Re: CnadianCube]
    #2400904 - 03/03/04 11:51 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

Should have read it first like I was told to, but I took a glance at the faqs. It seems these shrooms grow in ontario:
Psilocybe silvatica
Panaeolus subbalteatus
Gymnopilus viridans

If any Ontario dwelers have any experience with shroom hunting, give me a shout. Thanks.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2403304 - 03/04/04 03:17 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

Thanks for reading the FAQ! It's nice to see people using it.

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

Re: Shrooms in my Area? (Southern Canada) Plz help! [Re: Gumby]
    #2403357 - 03/04/04 03:29 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

GumbyDude said:
Thanks for reading the FAQ! It's nice to see people using it.

Yes indeed

--------------------

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia Flag
    #2413258 - 03/09/04 11:55 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

You can add Psilocybe semilenceata
Panaeolus subbalteatus, Panaeolus castaneofolius
and Gymnopilus spectabilus to that list. The Liberty caps or "semis" will be very rare most likely eastern ontario near quebec, gyms are probably your best bet, followed by subbs....Good hunting

Cheers

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

OfflineDaturaEnigma
Astronaut

Loc: Nibiru
    #2487672 - 03/31/04 04:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

whats up i live on the american side of lake ontario, good luck ive had some luck over here.

--------------------
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity"-Edgar Allan Poe

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix