Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinereaderror
PurpleHaze

Poor Mushrooms =(
    #2400873 - 03/03/04 11:36 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

Im trying to figure out while the viel is breaking on my GT's when they are VERY small (1/4" to 1"), I always thought I was supposed to pick right before it broke, but these suckers are sooooo small....Any ideas? its kind of depressing seeing all these long mushrooms and I look at my little tiny broken veil ones...

P.S. - Would alot of potency be lost since the veil broke? They are reeeeeallly small.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Poor Mushrooms =( [Re: readerror]
    #2400933 - 03/04/04 12:01 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I think your substrate or environmental hydration is not sufficient.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflinePsilomind
Anti-Prohibitionist
 User Gallery

Re: Poor Mushrooms =( [Re: Joshua]
    #2401436 - 03/04/04 04:27 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

do you have cakes? If so, double end case them with Mic'd verm and water. Make the casing wet enough to squeez out a few drops and set the cakes on about 3/4 inch and about 1/4 inch on the tops. Use foil underneath ofcourse. And then about every 10 days use a new syringe to carefully squirt water around the casing only. The mycelium will find the water and use it. Wait at least a week for effects to be noticed.

--------------------
Wir sind nicht so gut, versuchen Sie besser zu allen Zeiten und um Vergebung bitten.

Anonymous

#2401442 - 03/04/04 04:39 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I've seen these tiny mushrooms before but only with ks....I used whole cakes that were dunked and surrounded in coir/verm in those lil foil tray things

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #2401611 - 03/04/04 07:30 AM (20 years, 29 days ago)

while it could be a lack of nutrients or insufficient growing conditions, there is something to say about the mysterious nature of mushrooms.  I'm assuming you're growing on cakes? This sometimes happens (casings too) while I'll usually get many smaller fruits, sometimes I'll get one gigantic fruit off one cake! Don't underestimate their lack of size though :grin:  Pick them as they break veil and enjoy them all the same.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

#2402703 - 03/04/04 12:56 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

I totally had the same thing happen with my last grow. But check it out... I had 6 standard pf jars of lipa yai cased 50/50+ right next to 6 mazzy's in one big casing. The maz's pinned first and grew absolutely huge probably 7-8" average. meanwhile...behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...j/k, the lipa yai's pinned like mad but didn't get bigger than an inch. Knarly little things. So i'm curious--they were obviously grown under the same conditions. I suppose that once the maz's were a decent size the humidity may have gone up but i doubt that would have such a drastic effect.

--------------------

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: Poor Mushrooms =( [Re: mockeylock]
    #2402713 - 03/04/04 12:58 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

So do you guys think it may be possible for a stronger strain to 'leach' the nutrients from an adjacent strain? Crazy..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck