Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepnwinsomniak
Stranger
Psilocybe Allenii liquid culture from Mrs. Butterworths pancake syrup and h2oVIGORUS GROWTH
    #23963921 - 12/28/16 09:05 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

So earlier today I dropped a couple hardwood chips colonized by psilocybe alleni mycelium into a 2 liter soda bottle added about the amount of Mrs butterworths you might use on your pancakes. In about 7 hours the wood chips have been completely dissolved you can see the mycelial fibers clearly visible. This has all been done at room temperature. I have so frigging much colonized alleni spawn all grown from just a handful of mycelium I keep adding sawdust and alder chips now got a  garbage bag and orange Gatorade cooler full, my attic is freezing cold (like high 30s at night and 40-50 Fahrenheit the rest of time. Im impatient I want shrooms sooner than next fall but patient enough to care for spawn till spring meantimewhen I will put in ground but I really want to start growing cubes in the meantime I have bobs red mill brf and verm(I've had pfcake ingreds for like a year eed good strain of Cubensis spore I have not the fundz to purchase a print I am willing to trade alleni spawn or lc for some cubensis spores help a brutha out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDest
Roller-Derby Coach
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Allenii liquid culture from Mrs. Butterworths pancake syrup and h2oVIGORUS GROWTH [Re: pnwinsomniak]
    #23963985 - 12/28/16 09:37 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Congrats.
I've got some cube spores that have just been sitting out for awhile, then threw in the refrigerator. Don't know if they're any good.

OfflineShu
Vote for Humanity
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA, USA
Re: Psilocybe Allenii liquid culture from Mrs. Butterworths pancake syrup and h2oVIGORUS GROWTH [Re: pnwinsomniak]
    #23967553 - 12/30/16 09:11 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Mrs Butterworth's Original ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Cellulose Gum, Molasses, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Polysorbate 60.

The preservative is probably going to retard the fungus.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Psilocybe Allenii liquid culture from Mrs. Butterworths pancake syrup and h2oVIGORUS GROWTH [Re: Shu]
    #23972646 - 01/01/17 10:05 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

You're just grabbing wood chips out of a bag and throwing them into pancake syrup? Are you trying to grow mold cause that's a great way to do it.

OfflineOm Namo Shivaya

Re: Psilocybe Allenii liquid culture from Mrs. Butterworths pancake syrup and h2oVIGORUS GROWTH [Re: krypto2000]
    #23978648 - 01/03/17 12:04 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Fairly certain it's against the policies on this forum to trade mycelium of active species.

Offlinepnwinsomniak
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe Allenii liquid culture from Mrs. Butterworths pancake syrup and h2oVIGORUS GROWTH [Re: krypto2000]
    #23983494 - 01/05/17 10:05 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

bare with me im posting from xbox360 controller The preservative seems to have stunted growthv but it grew vigorusly as hell the first few days you could see it getting more and more cloudy everything looke how a hfcs lc should till day 3 when it seemed to be slowing down  by day 4 it seemed to stall like no churningor bubbling no  signs of life noticeable solution cleared up no longer cloudey likeit should be everything settled to bottom so i thought maybe it was dead but i decided to shake it up to suspend myc and poured into sterile wbs/grits mix TOPPED with thin layer verm this was BAG1iFILLED gallon size ziploc I also made second gallon bag with same wbs/grits mix but with roughly a handful of vermiculite mixed into it there was still some space the last 2in filled with hydrated kidney beans on top WITH thin layer verm concluding BAG 2        will post update later BAG2 myc is growing like crazy on experimental kidney bean layer was one big chunk of stringy white colonizedbeanchunk bound by mycelium
Quote:

Thad said:b
Fairly certain it's against the policies on this forum to trade mycelium of active species.

duly noted
Quote:

krypto2000 said:
You're just grabbing wood chips out of a bag and throwing them into pancake syrup? Are you trying to grow mold cause that's a great way to do it.

Of course not Pancake syrup was added to filtered water that had just been boiled and was still VERY hot when poured into pyrex pitcher(which was fresh out of dishwasher steam cyclepoured into empty 2 liter which i sterilized with a little full strength bleach and rinsed that out with tap water from faucet a few times.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#23984016 - 01/05/17 01:57 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pnwinsomniak said:
Quote:

krypto2000 said:

Of course not Pancake syrup was added to filtered water that had just been boiled and was still VERY hot when poured into pyrex pitcher(which was fresh out of dishwasher steam cyclepoured into empty 2 liter which i sterilized with a little full strength bleach and rinsed that out with tap water from faucet a few times.

That's still far from sterile. The syrup likely is loaded with spores that are unable to germinate due to a lack of water. If you sterilized your 2 liter with bleach, which doesn't sterilize but sanitize in this case, then you're immediately introducing contaminants by rinsing it out with unsterile tap water. Your pyrex dish was not sterile either, dish washers do not sterilize surfaces, they sanitize them. You're then grabbing non sterile wood chips out of a non sterile bag with non sterile hands and all of this is being done in the open air as well. With all those vectors of contamination there isn't even a point in boiling the water, your liquid culture has been contaminated from day one. The growth you saw was likely all kinds of random mold and the reason it stopped is probably because it was overtaken by bacteria.

Offlinepnwinsomniak
Stranger
    #23985143 - 01/05/17 08:50 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Contamination is not as big of a problem with any of the cold climate  active woodloving species found in my area IN fall, (Psilocybe Allenii, Psilocybe Cyanescens are found in identical conditions but the allenii seems to have hardier mycelium both just right above freezing), keep in mind woodlovers live and thrive @ about the temperature of the average refridgerator and can survive being frozen solid thawed frozen thawed etc it bounces right back on thawing most other organisms arent too active at those temps, and once myc firmly establishes contams are even less likely to be able to compete with healthy allenii mycelium firmly establishes 2in thick mycelial mat  thick white ropy seems just so much more prolific and fast forming than psilocybe cyanescens,which is a agonizingly slow colonizer by comparison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds