Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
The hunt for the Paneolus Subbalteatus begins!
    #2386562 - 02/28/04 12:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have scoped out quite a few areas in Maryland that might possibly contain this mushroom, once spring hits.

Can anyone tell me what the coldest low temperature that these might survive in?

Has anyone in this area ever had any luck? I've seen these a bit further down south in large abundances but never in maryland. Anyone ever find other actives in the area? MJs shroom locator doesn't include anything but this mushroom, but then again, I haven't heard a whole lot of information regarding actives in maryland. All comments are welcomed.

Thanks,

Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWoahAllTheColors
Stranger

Re: The hunt for the Paneolus Subbalteatus begins! [Re: PsiloSteve]
    #2386616 - 02/28/04 01:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah that is what I will be hunting in spring here in Oklahoma. I dunno if I can go in any cow pastures because people scare me now days... everyone is so violent and they might decide to shoot at me. but I will be looking around compost piles and fields and rotting logs in the forrest, and topsoil. I think I am gonna start looking for them around mid march. good luck to you.

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
Re: The hunt for the Paneolus Subbalteatus begins! [Re: WoahAllTheColors]
    #2386724 - 02/28/04 02:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You should get permission from the farmers...

"Yeah I'm with the DNR, doing a survey on a recent outbreak of the brown recluse spider..." That one works well.

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
    #2397982 - 03/03/04 10:53 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Wow this weather is absolutely beautiful.  I just scoped out a huge horse field covered in straw and shit.  We have some pretty promising rain in the near future here, and it seems the grass is starting to take off.  I had no idea there was such a field in the suburbs where I live.  I think its the only one thats even remotely close.  I briefly looked around for a few freaks of nature, but there was not enough vegetation to promote nearly enough humidity quite yet, but I think the groundhog saw his shadow this year. :laugh:

I think the land owner spotted me spotting his field with binoculars today.  This might be a tricky one.  I might ask the owners if I can collect some manure from my garden :wink: when the conditions are right for mushrooms.  I'm sure they'll know what's up though since its the only field around.  I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask but who knows.  They might be cool

I hope they don't cut the grass short!!!  I've only seen these things in really tall weeds.  I wonder if they've caught on to magic mushrooms.  Perhaps they might let the grass grow out to encourage them.  Either way, horses eat grass.  I don't see why people buy straw when they can just let the grasses grow out tall.

Anyone ever have any luck in Maryland?

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

Offlinegreenhaze
one toke overthe line

Loc: the severed garden
    #2399570 - 03/03/04 04:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i don't live in maryland, but that's what i'm gonna be hunting for too this spring since that's practically the only active mushroom that grows around my midwest area...have you had better luck with horse or cattle fields??

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
Re: The hunt for the Paneolus Subbalteatus begins! [Re: greenhaze]
    #2399774 - 03/03/04 05:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've seen these in large abundances further south. As far as in maryland, Ihave a friend who has a horse stable that is quite a ways away where they pop up here and there but they seem to on grow in a certain type of weed. I don't know the species name, but without this dense vegitation, there is rarely enough humidity for a good fruit.

If the mushroom grows wild around the area, my guess is theres spores pretty much everwhere. If you find a big enough field thats been around for a while, your chances of finding them are pretty good.

What state are you in? Maybe someone else can help you with that.

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag