Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

Disaster strikes again
    #2386381 - 02/28/04 10:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think i've gotten some overlay on my rye grain casing. My grow chamber is just not humid enough. The casing is in a 11x4x4 pan, and it has pulled away from the sides and looks dry. Mycelium despite patching and fruiting continued to grow through every inch of the casing until recently it has just stopped and looks dead. The problem has been for the past 2 days that if i mist to try and rehydrate the casing the water just beads on top of all the mycelium. Today the mycelium is kinda greyish and blueish in certain spots and looks like its dead, not pins for sure. In any case the substrate below could possibly be a little dry too, is there any way to rehydrate the whole thing, ie dunking, and then recase it or something and try again? Or should i scratch and case again, or just case and mist the new casing down? and the trouble with fruiting seems to be i can't maintain a high enough humidity level in my fruiting chamber. Its a 7x3x2 4 tier enclosed airtight in plastic. Right now i have a (crappy as fa as i'm concerned) humidifier inside the terrarium. This was the only way to keep the humidity level up, when i moved the humidifier outside the terrarium i could never get the humidity above 45%. I was thinking like 3 or 4 airstones in some hydrocorals and water or perlite on the bottom tier might work, next to a good humidifier what is the most efficient way to produce humidity?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrippinSpinners
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Disaster strikes again [Re: benjamin]
    #2386394 - 02/28/04 10:48 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You could dunk the casing and recase it. Thats what I would do. As for getting the humidity up, make it a PMP. The reason you cant get the humidity up is because you have no moisture in your grow chamber. If you had the grow chamber filled with casings and its air tight, the humidity will be up. Or you could just go bulk and eliminate the growing chamber.

--------------------
When I use the name "I", I'm talking about my friend of a friend named "Ivan".

--Mr. Nice Guy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds