Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Trumperica!
Ate my first homegrown
    #23620902 - 09/07/16 06:29 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Good morning shroomery!

So I tried 3g of my first batch of KSSS grown on BRF cakes. It was a nice experience for sure had some nice visuals and overall euphoria and of course highlighted by the fact that they are mine! BUT I will say I was a little disappointed in the potency, I do have a fairly high natural tolerance to the alkaloids but I recently ate 3.5 I got from my buddy and it was absolute blast off.
  I always read KSSS is supposed to be a bit stronger like PE but not quite as strong as the PE.
  I'm wondering if it is the substrate and method used. Like do grains and coir or poo produce more potent mushies then BRF cakes?
:whatdoyouthink:

--------------------

*TRADE LIST* https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23855008 *TRADE LIST*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetommyg57

Loc: Under the stars Flag
Re: Ate my first homegrown [Re: Peteyboy]
    #23620930 - 09/07/16 06:44 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

I've personally never noticed a difference, and there shouldn't be one with what sub used. All comes down to genetics and drying methods/time period. I'm sure you'll get the same responses.:thumbup:

InvisibleLeftfield420
bong toker
Male

#23620950 - 09/07/16 06:55 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

PE is like 3x stronger than normal cubensis varieties from what I've read.....I personally haven't tried them......so that could be part of the problem if you eat PE often....I usually eat 5g's of pink buffalo and I'm good to go.....too many factors to account for to know,  it helps if you harvest either right before the veil breaks or right after.....you lose potency if you let them go any longer

OfflineMushierage
SWIM Sinker
 User Gallery

Re: Ate my first homegrown [Re: Leftfield420]
    #23621029 - 09/07/16 07:35 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Try shredding them up in a food processor and mixing them with something acidic for awhile.  Then drink it. 

The other day, I did this with 45 grams wet (4.5grams dry), a little 50 proof liquor for extraction and Oj to top it off.  I let it set for 20 mins before drinking.  After drinking it down, I felt the effects almost immediately.  Within 10 mins.  It hit me like a brick wall.  I had to go lay down on the couch.

It ended up being one of the best, most profound, and healing trips I've had.

--------------------
Don't like researching posts? Read this! . Also, if you're new and your posts contain the words: Humidifer, incubator, air-stone, or heater, then you need to read and UTFSE before asking people to review your setup.  OR... You should be cultivating reptiles and fish, not mushrooms.

InvisibleLeftfield420
bong toker
Male

Re: Ate my first homegrown [Re: Mushierage]
    #23621038 - 09/07/16 07:38 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Lemon tek is great! That's the only way I'll eat mine unless they're freshies.......can't stand the taste of dried shrooms....

OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

#23621040 - 09/07/16 07:39 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I did it all to a T. From proper harvesting time on most of them to immediately drying in the dehydrator until cracker dry.

Ive never had PE before but I Will be soon as I have two cakes fruiting like crazy, and two mini monos colonizing all PE. But I think I will go with the 5g dose next time, maybe that's the magic number! I have frequently dosed with 7 gs in the past, so I have a high ceiling and a high tolerance lol.

Yeah I have done a lemon juice extraction and it was awesome, that will be my go to method now, no mushroom tissue and no intestinal discomfort that way.

--------------------

*TRADE LIST* https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23855008 *TRADE LIST*

Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
    #23621050 - 09/07/16 07:43 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

make sure the mushrooms are completely dry if you wanna measure them by weight, if you didnt use a dehydrator you ate a lot of water which isnt active.

also, genetics.

OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

Re: Ate my first homegrown [Re: spacechildo]
    #23621061 - 09/07/16 07:47 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

They were so dry that when I bit into them the stems (which were solid throughout) exploded into dust in my mouth, lol.

--------------------

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #23621084 - 09/07/16 07:59 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

MS will always lead to fluctuations in potency, even with PE. Grow consistent genetics if you want consistent results.

OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

Re: Ate my first homegrown [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #23621157 - 09/07/16 08:27 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
MS will always lead to fluctuations in potency, even with PE. Grow consistent genetics if you want consistent results.

Pasty! Thank you! I will be taking some clones from two PE cakes I have on their first flush. Very impressive pinsets, and some beautiful specimens, will be posting pics later tonight.

--------------------

OfflineMushierage
SWIM Sinker
 User Gallery

Re: Ate my first homegrown [Re: Peteyboy] * 1
    #23621169 - 09/07/16 08:31 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Peteyboy said:
Quote:

Pastywhyte said:

Pasty! Thank you! I will be taking some clones from two PE cakes I have on their first flush. Very impressive pinsets, and some beautiful specimens, will be posting pics later tonight.

The real question is, do they send you to outer space?  :smile:.

If so, send that clone to me.  :laugh:

--------------------
Don't like researching posts? Read this! . Also, if you're new and your posts contain the words: Humidifer, incubator, air-stone, or heater, then you need to read and UTFSE before asking people to review your setup.  OR... You should be cultivating reptiles and fish, not mushrooms.

OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

#23621196 - 09/07/16 08:50 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mushierage said:

The real question is, do they send you to outer space?  :smile:.

If so, send that clone to me.  :laugh:

Haha well that I don't know, they aren't mature enough to pick yet. BUT I plan on finding out soon enough lol! Maybe you can check out the pics and make some suggestions on which specimens to clone!

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
    #23621362 - 09/07/16 10:00 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Just as a note, trading live cultures is against site rules and, well, is illegal.  Be careful and all that, bans suck.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

OfflineMushierage
SWIM Sinker
 User Gallery

Re: Ate my first homegrown [Re: Inocuole] * 1
    #23621366 - 09/07/16 10:03 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Inocuole said:
Just as a note, trading live cultures is against site rules and, well, is illegal.  Be careful and all that, bans suck.

It was a joke, I know you can't trade cultures.  I guess my humor/sarcasm didn't read well there. 

I only trade spores legitimately, for hobby cataloging purposes. 

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #23621367 - 09/07/16 10:03 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Well I knew it was a joke, but we have some mods that show up sometimes with no sense of humor.

Also, this is not a cultivation topic.  :shrug:

Done buzzkilling now, y'all have fun.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola

OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

Re: Ate my first homegrown [Re: Inocuole]
    #23621395 - 09/07/16 10:11 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Mushierage-I sensed your sarcasm

Innoc- Thanks for looking out much appreciated

This site is farrr more valuable then a trade, being banned would totally suck balls!

--------------------

OfflineMushierage
SWIM Sinker
 User Gallery

Re: Ate my first homegrown [Re: Peteyboy] * 1
    #23621406 - 09/07/16 10:13 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Agree.  That's why I -only- trade spores legally.  Trading with the intent that they are to be used for research purposes only and no accompanying material showing how they should be used for culturing is completely 100% legal, at least in most states in the US.

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #23621410 - 09/07/16 10:15 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

If you have microscope slides just send one or two along with your print.  Spells itself out pretty clear for any snoopers.

--------------------

Coir-ca-cola

OfflineMushierage
SWIM Sinker
 User Gallery

#23621417 - 09/07/16 10:18 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Inocuole said:
If you have microscope slides just send one or two along with your print.  Spells itself out pretty clear for any snoopers.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll remember that. 

Alright, done thread jacking you off now OP.  Enjoy your homegrown.

--------------------

OfflinePeteyboy
SpaceWalker
Male User Gallery

#23621447 - 09/07/16 10:24 AM (7 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Inocuole said:

I like this...will be most certainly using this!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate