Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Light for P. Cubensis
    #23554 - 07/08/00 03:20 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

They dont need much at all. You could get away with pointing a flashlight at it for 10 minutes a day. Anything over 25 watts is overkill.. I use a 15 watt flourescent tube 12 hours on 12 hours off. They really only need a few hours of light each day, and it doesnt have to be very much light.
If you can see the cakes, it's enough light.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#23556 - 07/08/00 11:32 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Anonymous

#23557 - 07/08/00 11:11 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

There is no need to spend any money on any lighting equipment, they are not like plants, they get no energy from lights. A little bit of light is benificial to promote morphosis, any amount of filtered sunlight entering yor room is enough,even if its only for an hour a day.

------------------
Visit the Spore Lab at: http://sporelab.webjump.com
It's a trip you'll never forget!

Anonymous

#23558 - 07/10/00 10:31 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

My experience has been that light is somewhat important if you want the shrooms to grow right. The top of my terarium is opaque and the first flush all the caps started drooping and actually touching the bottom of the terarium. They were just confused as to which way was up I think, because for the second flush I put a little light near the top of the terarium on a timer and they all grew straight up pretty much. I'm thinking of just putting a piece of plexiglass on the top as a lid, but we have the humidifier sitting on top of the container at present and I don't think the plexiglass would support it. Oh well...

later...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate