Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

fruiting a partially colonize cake
    #2349677 - 02/18/04 10:44 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have some jars that seem to have stalled, but there's only a small quarter sized spot on the perimeter of the bottom of the quart jar that isn't colonized. If i crumble and case the rye substrate should i remove this small uncolonized portion or will the mycelium colonize it after i birth the jar? I'm going to incubate the tins with the casings for a couple days before fruiting so will it work?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
Re: fruiting a partially colonize cake [Re: benjamin]
    #2349711 - 02/18/04 10:57 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No...there's no need to remove the uncolonized portion of the cake.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #2349739 - 02/18/04 11:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Give it some more time to colonize ... you did say they appeared to "stall" .
Patience grasshopper..Patience is best mastered when one waits !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2349750 - 02/18/04 11:05 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

As long as the uncolonized substrate isn't exposed to the air during fruiting, you'll be fine. Since it's under the casing layer there is nothing to worry about.

SM

--------------------

Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

#2349757 - 02/18/04 11:06 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

maybe i should take a picture, i'll post one in a moment

Invisibletripndicular

Re: fruiting a partially colonize cake [Re: simplemachine]
    #2349794 - 02/18/04 11:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Not entirely true .
IF this spot is contaminated it will spread into the casing layer . Casing does not act as a barrier , it is just as suseptible to contams .
That is also why you should wait longer , IF not contaminated , just not colonized yet , if you birth prematurely it could become a point of entry for contams , thus becoming harmfull to the entire project .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
Re: fruiting a partially colonize cake [Re: tripndicular]
    #2349803 - 02/18/04 11:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
Not entirely true .
IF this spot is contaminated it will spread into the casing layer . Casing does not act as a barrier , it is just as suseptible to contams .
That is also why you should wait longer , IF not contaminated , just not colonized yet , if you birth prematurely it could become a point of entry for contams , thus becoming harmfull to the entire project .

Very true

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

#2349822 - 02/18/04 11:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Heres two colonized and the three i mentioned that seem stalled, see the spots at the bottom, those are the only bare spots.

Invisibletripndicular

#2349843 - 02/18/04 11:27 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The bottom photo , jar 3 looks like it could have some ickies , but hard to tell via pics .
Did you ever shake them babies up during colonization ?
I still stand with let them colonize some more , see if myc gets into those spots .
Issolate jar 3 just to be safe , jar 1 looks real nice . Since this is grain , if those spots never colonize try to not use the last inch or so of material , try not to disturb it at all when removing the good colonized material .

--------------------

Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

#2350516 - 02/18/04 01:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

irs not contams, its just brown from the rye, i didn't rinse a couple batches of grain by mistake. But in any case, whats the best way to get these babies out of the jars, cause the two on top are solid.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags