Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEvangeliontx
Unleaded only

How has shrooming affected your life
    #2343581 - 02/16/04 09:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

How have you as a person changed by shrooming?

More relaxed?
More pleased about yourself?

If you do other drugs, what are they and how have the helped/hurt you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
Re: How has shrooming affected your life [Re: Evangeliontx]
    #2343632 - 02/16/04 10:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Shrooms have made me more self aware, and it's hightened my spiritual level. It opens my minds to new ideas, and even new ways of thinking. Every time i trip, i come across epiphanies about my life. It's changed my life a lot for the better by making me more insightful, and easing my life's problems. Peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Offlineteen
Yeee Haaww

#2343688 - 02/16/04 10:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think most drugs I've taken have had some kind of affect on my ideas and philosophies.

--------------------
Don't give me that load of bunk~!

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: How has shrooming affected your life [Re: teen]
    #2344557 - 02/17/04 04:29 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

teen said:
I think most drugs I've taken have had some kind of affect on my ideas and philosophies.

I agree with that. I'd say more..but...ugh.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2344634 - 02/17/04 06:08 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

(bear with me...I'm running on no sleep right now)

Tripping -mushrooms so far- has done the following for me:

*I notice beauty in places that I never have before.  There is beauty in everything, in some way.  Every place in the world is artistic to my eyes.  I believe that my fiction has gotten more creative as a result. 

*The revelations I've gotten from tripping have influenced my perspective in a positive manner.  I don't believe I ever would have reached the conclusions I would have without the aid of psychedelics. 

*Tripping has allowed me to see that there is a light at the end of every dark tunnel.  There is hope and there can be inner-peace if I choose it.  That sounds cheesy, but its so true and its something I hold close to my heart.  Life is so precious. 

*Every since I began tripping, I have begun to modify my behavior and habits to become a more secure person, so that I can progress further in my own spiritual/psychological journey.  I still have a long ways to go, but I feel the process has begun. 

*The journey.  Its so memorable and special.  The experience of a lifetime.  :heart:

-Now the not-so-good things-

*I get overwelmed sometimes when I think about "everything".  It can be scary to get that feeling and it can threaten to bog me down.  Sometimes all the different thoughts and reflections that have come up during shrooming are confusing.  But gradually I've noticed that the more I trip, the more my mind is able to make sense of certain things. 

*Although shrooms have opened my perspectives, this also means that along with the beauty in the world, the despair and ugliness can become vividly evident in ways that are terribly depressing.  Recently I have been trying to focus only on positive things so that my hypersensitive perception isn't sullied by the negative any longer and I'm doing better.  :smile:

*It can be difficult to relate or talk to people who are...(at the risk of sounding elitist)  in a box of ignorance.  People who won't give new ideas or thoughts a chance just because they are different or unconventional.  This can be very frustrating.  It was so before shrooming, but now it seems almost unbearable. 

Overall, shrooms have been a marvelous, exciting and spectacular experience.  I am looking forward to trying other psychedelics soon.  :smile: 

All I can think of now.  :smile:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: How has shrooming affected your life [Re: MOTH]
    #2345193 - 02/17/04 10:26 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I would put up my own answer, but instead I will say "see above thread." On every count, I say ditto, amen, and it's so good to read someone else say it.

Especially thinking about "everything." Man. I'd like to trip again soon.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2345551 - 02/17/04 12:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Shrooming (and psychedelics in general) have done many things for me, both good and "not-so-good."

Good: Helped my creative writing a lot - I always struggled to get out of a journalistic voice, and I find shrooming has helped me get into more of a stream-of-consciousness, from time to time. Helped me get very close to a few friends of mine - shared a lot of great experiences that have created life-long bonds. Helped me gain a fuller appreciation of music and art. Prepared me for many of the strange experiences that one has after meditating a lot - these experiences of your molecules vibrating (sort of a cheesy image, but maybe you get what I mean), a "force" pulling at you, other-worldliness, etc... they have freaked out some of my meditation partners who have never tripped, but for me it was very comfortable and comforting. Many other great things, that I can't remember right now.

Not-so good: I have trouble enjoying a concert now without psychedelics... sad, but true - I am quite a self-conscious person, and cannot really "dance" without thinking about how I look, etc. While on shrooms (or acid or whatever), I am able to let go of all of this, feel the music inside of me, and dance. So if I go to a concert without psychedelics, I feel I don't enjoy it as much as if I had psychedelics. Also, when I'm stranded in rural Norway, and the mushroom season is long over, I really have an immense desire to trip... nothing fiendish, or anything, but it's something that I really miss. Finally, to friends that don't take psychedelics, or aren't interested in spiritual pursuits - I sometimes sound like a bit of a broken record. "To change society, we must first change ourselves. To change ourselves, we must take into account the wisdom of all the different schools of spiritual practice, and of course psychedelics can have a positive effect here... they allow you to see the top of the mountain that is spiritual development," I say. "But psychedelics offer you only illusion," they say. "Have you tried them?," I say. "No," they say. "Well to change society we must first change ourselves..." it goes on and on and has become a bit of a joke with friends of mine that don't use psychedelics.

Overall, however, I am very happy that I chose to use, and continue to use, psychedelics. It's a path you can't really return from - it's as if you see the most beautiful thing in the world, nothing else will compare to its beauty. All you can do is try and see the beauty that you saw in this thing in everything... I feel that I merge my use of psychedelics quite well with my meditation and yoga practices, and so am continually working upon this.

Thanks so much, mushroom Gods!

Krishna
(btw Krishna isn't my nick because I have some love for hindu deities or something, or because I'm a Hari Krishna...it's really my middle-name)

--------------------

OfflineHoneySunKisses
sMoKeY McPoT

Loc: Ontario, Canada (EH?!?!)
Re: How has shrooming affected your life [Re: Krishna]
    #2346418 - 02/17/04 03:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Shrooms was the biggest mistake I ever made. They're no good for anyone and people who say "shrooms give me a better perspective on life, and they bring me to a spiritual place that I like..blah blah blah.." shrooms are fuckin nasty and they have caused problems with my seritonin levels and also brought out a extremely severe anxiety disorder and brought out a multiple personality disorder that I know would have come out eventually, but they still brought them out early, and if people have to rely on shrooms to get a spiritual awakening, well you're just a drug addict. That's just a fuckin excuse. Honestly, I don't think there is a God...he's just something people want to believe in so they don't have to think about what really happens when you die...you just die, bang that's it. No spirits, no Heaven, no Hell..NOTHING. Shrooms are horrible.

And you guys can believe what you want, I'm not saying that you shouldn't, but I'm giving my prespective. I think shrooms are the worst things that were ever discovered.

Yes I had some good times with shrooms, but I sure as hell had some bad times too. But Not enough good times to ever do them again. Why would you guys want to do shrooms when you know that ONE time, you WILL have a bad trip? Believe me, bad trips will change your life and perspective on life. I don't think doing shrooms is worth that.

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
Re: How has shrooming affected your life [Re: HoneySunKisses]
    #2346485 - 02/17/04 03:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

A bad trip isn't as bad as you're saying (at least not for me), it's just a certain mindset you're in for a few hours, and the after effects wear off within a few days. If the trip is that bad that you can't handle it, then quit. Don't get me wrong, shrooms aren't for everybody, but when there is a responsible user using them, they can be very beneficial. Even if there is no god, and you just flat out die, shrooms can make your life way more intruiging. Shrooms help bring people together with other people, and nature. Peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2346498 - 02/17/04 04:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

HoneySunKisses said:
Why would you guys want to do shrooms when you know that ONE time, you WILL have a bad trip? Believe me, bad trips will change your life and perspective on life. I don't think doing shrooms is worth that.

My first high-ish dose trip went bad. It provided me the foundational cleansining I needed in order to learn the lessons my subsequent trips would help me understand.  That bad trip was an "introspective hell."  It felt like a part of me was pouring solvent down into the murky depths of my psyche, insulated by a muck that had been piling up for years.  I felt like I had a clean slate after the trip, I was much more sensitive to the ephemeral, vibey inputs of the world that had been previously blocked my a sort of blinding pragmatism.  I would drive from point A to point B with a mission, and basically sleep through the days.  Shooms do not allow you to do that.  My subseqnet trips have all helped me live IMMERSED in REALITY somehow, experiencing the present moment, rather than living through a tenuous connection to future goals of material success.  They gave me the impetus to cut way down on my pot smoking, and finally start dating that girl I was interested in.  I've never been happier in my life, and its because shrooms showed me the light at the end of the tunnel.  They're not a panacea, all they do is show you how good life CAN be if you actually know how to wake up and be alive.  They make me think like Thoreau, with his Carpe Diem sentiments, except I can have the sort of naked awe and aweareness of society while remaining embedded in it.  Instead of living like a hermit in the woods for months like he did, I live like a hippie in the woods for 6 hours, with the help of my good buddies :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :loveeyes:  It has the same effect.  Yes, I think they're a shortcut.  But I'm almost too happy these days, and I'm looking at the function, not the path.  Whatever did it, I'm here and I'm happy, and I'm thankful to mushrooms for being the catalyst that helped me bring myself here.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2346509 - 02/17/04 04:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

^^I don't see how you can honestly group all psychedelic use under what YOU'VE experienced with the drug. 

It seems like you're confusing your personal drug crises with the notion that "All Shrooms are bad and everyone who uses them are just addicts!"  Thats just ridiculous.  I really hope for the sake of yourself and the people around you that you don't use that sort of reasoning in your everday life. 

Even if shrooms weren't right for you, it doesn't mean that they aren't right for anyone else.  I doubt that you are the final authority on such things, after all.  You're entitled to your opinion of course, and a different outlook is always interesting, but sweeping, blanket statements like those you made will make lose the audience you were trying to target by your bold claims. 

Anyway, I am sincerely sorry for any trauma that shrooms have caused you, which may have accounted for the strong tone of your post.  I hope you find some sort of peace within yourself to cope with the extreme cynicism and bitterness you seem to have towards shrooms and people who use them.  I mean, I could be reading your entire post wrong, and if I am, sorry about that.  I just get a little testy when I hear someone say that "XXXXX is bad for everyone and thats that". 

I'll just keep enjoying my mushies.  :smile:

Edited to soften my approach.  I haven't been to sleep in awhile so my internet vibes are a little rough around the edges right now...heh.  :tongue:

Edited by EllemyshShade (02/17/04 04:11 PM)

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

#2346576 - 02/17/04 04:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Don't get me wrong, HoneySunKisses, I certainly don't need mushrooms for any spiritual discovery. I view the path of spiritual discovery as a long, hard climb up a mountain whose top is so far away, you cannot even see it. Then, to me, the psychedelic experience is a way to jump to the top - to walk around on the top for 6 hours (this is only with largish doses, with smaller doses it is just having a nice time with friends) - and to recognize that one-ness of the universe does indeed exist. Then, the next day, I use these insights to continue on my path. I don't think they are for everybody - and, based upon what research I've read, certainly not for people with a history of mental disorders. However, if taken in the right atmosphere with the right intentions in mind, I think that they can be a sort of "sacrament." Feel free to have your opinion, and I am very sorry that you have had such bad experiences on mushrooms and perhaps other psychedelics. However, I believe that many ancient peoples have a lot of knowledge to pass on to us - the Indus valley people who used soma (now identified as Amantia Muscaria (sp?)), the central american tribes who used Jimson, peyote, and shrooms, the African tribes who used Ibogaine, the Amazonian people who used Ayuhuasa (sp?), the Inuits who used sweat lodges - all of these peoples used altered-states of perception to aide them in their spiritual path. To denounce these plants as unnatural, as something that only gives false illusions - well that is your choice. But to tell me that "you WILL have a bad trip"? No, I don't think that I will. It could be very easy to have a bad trip, and I've seen it happen to friends - if you have certain intentions in mind. Mushrooms, and all psychedelics, are very powerful tools - and with this power comes danger. But if used responsibly, with respect for the cultural way that these tools have been used - I don't think there is a risk of a "bad trip." I'm sure I don't speak for everybody here - many psychedelic enthusiasts harass me for always giving a spiritual angle to psychedelics - but to me, the psychedelic experience is an immensly spiritual one - and for that reason, I am very grateful to have been introduced to it.

Krishna

--------------------

Offlinefunky_cracker
backinthepile

#2346706 - 02/17/04 04:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmmm. That last post sure was interesting( honey sun kisses)...... I would have to say my experience with mushrooms has been different
After I tried mushrooms I achieved self-actualization and a realization of what I've been wrong about ( this all happened somewhere between my 3rd trip and the present). They have opened my mind to concepts I should have already been aware of, I used to think I was right about everything, I thought I had life figured out. Then I decided to reconsider all aspects of my life and began to notice that I wasnt a good person like I had once belived. I used to hate everything that was not my belief, I also used to make decisions based on what others would think of me; and worst of all I would disrespect my fellow human. My entire life I had been told that it was ok and that its what I should do, and as long as something is legal its ok to do.
I definitley do not rely on drugs for spiritual guidance, it was just a side effect. A side effect that has made me peaceful and a better person.
Not everyone walks away from the same trail with the same story though. They may have helped me a little, but the self-realization may scare the shit out of some people.

Edited by funky_cracker (02/17/04 04:37 PM)

Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2346905 - 02/17/04 05:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

For me, shrooms have a distinct purpose. I am philosophically-inclined and I enjoy contemplating about pretty much everything. I find existence to be the most fascinating thing possible, because it encompasses everything else. But, due to the fact that my brain is always in a state that makes me feel down to earth and thoughtlessly attached to physical reality I have developed this lust to appreciate existence. When I appreciate existence in a mushroom-induced altered state I can finally experience what, to me, seems like the most ultimate experience. I can reach a pseudo state of the aforementioned when I am sober, but it is nothing like the real thing and it only makes me want to experience the real thing even more. I don't trip very often (2-4 times a year) and when I do I get a motivation burst that let's me go without tripping until the next time. I also enjoy this altered state because I feel like I can read into things much more clearly and objectively. I feel that a barrier between me and my thoughts is lowered and I can finally think with a beautiful mind; I come up with a lot of new "contemplation material" while tripping.

I can't wait to try salvia in the summer!

--------------------

Edited by yewhew (02/17/04 05:19 PM)

InvisibleEvangeliontx
Unleaded only

Re: How has shrooming affected your life [Re: yewhew]
    #2347065 - 02/17/04 06:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you have a slight case of depression will shrooms worsen the effects even when in the right mind set before tripping?

No Diagnosed cases of mental illnesses except for depresion on my dads side, is this an issue? I consider myself a happy guy, when i do something wrong i feel really bad about it but i rebound pretty easily.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2347210 - 02/17/04 06:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Shrooms have shaped my spiritual beliefs and mellowed me out as a person. I don't worry about trivial bullshit as much as I used to.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

#2348659 - 02/18/04 02:49 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Evangeliontx - While I'm not a doctor, and can't speak as one, I can speak from personal experience. I have suffered from depression - not sure how clinically severe, but in my mind, quite severe - from time to time. While I usually use meditation to work through it, I have tried using mushrooms and peyote as well. It did not cause any horrible breakdowns, no permanent schizo-ness, nothing of that nature - it helped me see the root of my depression coming not from the external factors that I was sad about (lost love, existential crisis, etc) - but coming from an imbalance, a lack of harmony - within my own being. The experiences certainly did not cure my depression, but helped me achieve new insight on it, and helped me work with it. I cannot suggest to anybody with any mental problems to take this same route, lots of research has shown that psychedelics might be devastating for people with mental illness. All I can say, from my experience, is that they can help, if used in the right way.

Krishna

--------------------

OfflineHoneySunKisses
sMoKeY McPoT

Loc: Ontario, Canada (EH?!?!)
Re: How has shrooming affected your life [Re: Krishna]
    #2349256 - 02/18/04 08:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The last time I did shrooms would be in February 2003, and I havn't done them since because of a very bad trip. I was on 3.5g's and I was having a great time and my room mate decided he wanted to fuck with my head and told me that I was going to die and kept just tryin to freak me out, and boy was I freaked out....since then, I have developed an extremely severe anxiety disorder (which I get almost every day, and my anxiety deals with the fear of death and I get freaked out so much that I think I'm going to die, and it is not fun.) As well my depression is worse then it was, especially now after what happened to me from September to mid October 2003.

I know that people handle shrooms differently, but how do you guys deal with a bad trip and still do shrooms? If some people don't know what an anxiety disorder is, it's like a bad trip. You feel out of reality, lost connection with your surroundings in a human sense and you feel alone, closed in...not able to breathe and your heart races...so really, I have bad trips almost every day...and I can't get any medication for it (LONG STORY) so I have to deal with it on my own and it drives me crazy....

I do like shrooms and stuff, but I am terrified that I'm going to have a bad trip, so I refrain from them. I was offered shrooms just recently and my friends are like "come on Melissa, do some shrooms with us" and I'm thinking, "hmmm..maybe just this once...maybe I'll have a great trip.." but I thought about my bad trips, and I know about the mindset and thinking patterns you should have when you want to trip and surroundings and they were perfect, but I still declined because of that fear of a bad trip. I do dwell on things sometimes, but it's very hard not to after the bad trip that I had...

maybe someday I will try them again and go on a journey and like shrooms and appreciate them more, but for now, I won't do them.

I enjoyed reading your replies and it has made me understand a bit more how different people react while under the influence of shrooms.

Peace

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #2349528 - 02/18/04 09:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

First off that was seriously fucked what your "Friend" did to you.  Fuck! that sucks.  About your condition, I am terribly sorry. Keep working out what hurts and you will come to some good conclusions.

secondly, thanks for keeping an open mind.  Stay true to what you know, don't second guess yourself.  If you really don't want to shroom, don't.  YOu aren't really missing out on anything since it's all on the inside anyways  :grin:

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Offlinefunky_cracker
backinthepile

#2352035 - 02/18/04 07:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

HoneySunKisses said:
I know that people handle shrooms differently, but how do you guys deal with a bad trip and still do shrooms? If some people don't know what an anxiety disorder is, it's like a bad trip.

I just thought I would throw this out for people who have problems with bad trips. I've explained it to my friends who trip and they have been able to avoid having a bad trip, this may not hold true for everyone.....First of all, if you feel like you're about to start freaking out, just remember that you have complete control over the situation. Many who have bad trips will take a while to snap out of it because they don't believe they have control over whats happening, so they just wait until it stops. You have to remember that you ARE safe and everything is OK, everything negative you are feeling is going to stop. If you attempt to achieve a positive mind set, you will receive a positive mind set. This may seem "simple" and even obvious, but I've had hundreds of great trips after realizing that I can easily stop negative feelings. Also, it helps if you dont put yourself in a stressful environment.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom