Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineClintMassey
FREE RONDO

My first bulk diary on Shroomery
    #23353366 - 06/17/16 01:45 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Hi to you all I just started my first spawning to bulk,I used Barley seeds to spawn and finally got enough fully colonized jars,I used coco coir + vermiculite
I think the ratio was 80/20 coco/vermiculite and I cased layers 4 layers of coco medium and 3 layers of seeds in 3 trays that i plan to put in one of my monotubs...
The strain is syzygy and I just made these to take some prints and to try to isolate the best mushroom specimens on agar

Here are the pictures after the casing was prepared I covered them with tin foil and poked some holes then covered them with micropore tape so they exchange air and that s about it...nothing special but the diary will continue cause I got more redboy spawn runing for a full monotub and some malabar too

I will post updates and any comments or ideas are welcome,I wondered is it ok to put these trays in a monotub,will it be a good atmosphere for my little shroomies???

Peace

--------------------
I just move myself around, away from the crowd
Cause the crowd get shot down, and I don't get shot down

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineClintMassey
FREE RONDO

Re: My first bulk diary on Shroomery [Re: ClintMassey]
    #23353382 - 06/17/16 01:52 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I plan to put them on fruiting as soon as I Notice the first webs of mycelium on the surface,I read that that is the proper way to get the most pins so I wonder is it true,supposedly if the medium gets to full with mycelium that is like over colonization or something and it will produce less pins than starting the fruiting conditions as soon as the mycelium starts showing on the surface of the medium???

--------------------

OfflineClintMassey
FREE RONDO

#23356088 - 06/17/16 09:10 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

The proper term is overlaying and I saw a bunch od people get that on their casing and than fruit and get kinda stupid pin growth and stuff and nobody cares and lik wooow man nice looking mushrooms and stuff so that s little stupid to me personal

--------------------

Invisiblewowimflabbergasted
supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

#23356130 - 06/17/16 09:32 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ClintMassey said:
The proper term is overlaying and I saw a bunch od people get that on their casing and than fruit and get kinda stupid pin growth and stuff and nobody cares and lik wooow man nice looking mushrooms and stuff so that s little stupid to me personal

They didn't have overlay.

Give the myc fresh air when it's 100% white and colonized and it will fruit when ready.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineVYBEv2
VYBE
Male User Gallery

Re: My first bulk diary on Shroomery [Re: wowimflabbergasted]
    #23356415 - 06/18/16 12:19 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Are those taped holes inoculation points? if so, you should uncover them. the casing layer will protect them and there needs to be gas exchange during colonization.

Invisiblewowimflabbergasted
supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

Re: My first bulk diary on Shroomery [Re: VYBEv2]
    #23356423 - 06/18/16 12:24 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I think they are just GE holes. Micropore tape doesn't prohibit GE enough to really matter but it's better without IMO.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

OfflineVYBEv2
VYBE
Male User Gallery

#23356434 - 06/18/16 12:29 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Also I would crumble into a monotub

add a casing layer to that

the more surface area the more pins (potentially) right??

OfflineClintMassey
FREE RONDO

#23384393 - 06/26/16 03:00 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Finnaly my substrate has colonized and poking trough the surface,I didnt go to the whole colonization I dont wont to get overlay,I read alot about the best casing teks and methods and for the first this time I only did Barley seeds and coco coir + a little vermiculute layers so tonight I started the pinning initiation

My temps are around 25 celzius or below 80F It has been pretty hot these days so I moved the monotub into the coldest room so the temps will slowly fall
I poured a little water to the bottom of the monotub and added a little H2O2 3% total of 10% in the water and just plugged the wholes with polyfyl and sterilized the whole monotub,I misted everything except the casing layer cause I read in a good tek that pining is induced with the process of drying out the whole thing slowly,but I plan to mist it in a day or 2 once I see that it is becoming dry,it is still pretty wet

The tape was 3M micropore so it had gas exchange dont worry I seen someone asked

Here are the pictures so please comment and give me some advices If you think something is wrong or something,this is my first casing layer method but I didnt had enough spawn to fill the whole monotub so I did 3 trays and put them into the monotub for humidity and stuff

I planned to start with a slow air exchange around 2 times a day and then step it up to 3 times day after 2 days cause I read that it increases pinning
and I am using a 800 lumen or 15 watt 6400k cfl raised over the monotub its not so close I plan to put it closer once the pinning starts...I think I did it pretty decent and I dont expect any major problems,I only did this grow to get some good caps to make good spore prints to share

For next I got plenty of colonized jars of malabar that I sucesfully inoculated on agar and finally got a pure culture,my syrigne or print got contaminated
and redboy is slowly getting colonized,I ordered some original autoclavable spawn bags with micro filters and 3 strains Lizard king,Mazatapec and b+ in prints so It will be pretty amazing,thanks to you all for your help I learned alot in a last few weeks battling with contaminants and reading all of those posts you guys are amazing and I hope you like the grow diary,I will post pictures every few days so you can see changes and results...I am hoping for a decent result

Peace to you all

--------------------

OfflineClintMassey
FREE RONDO

Re: My first bulk diary on Shroomery [Re: wowimflabbergasted]
    #23384398 - 06/26/16 03:06 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wowimflabbergasted said:
I think they are just GE holes. Micropore tape doesn't prohibit GE enough to really matter but it's better without IMO.

You are right so I made a more holes later,I looked to the sides of the casing layers,I mean to the side of the container it has completely covered everything so I think it did a decent job,I didnt want to risk any infections,The purpose was to get some mushrooms for sure to take spore prints and that is the whole point,the cleaner the better,I had so many contaminations and never did casing layer so I didnt know if I pausterized it corecctly and I dont have a laminar flow hood or that fancy stuff so just a precaution but thanks for the info I will try plain holes next time I do a casing layer

--------------------

OfflineClintMassey
FREE RONDO

#23386060 - 06/26/16 11:00 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I just woke up,it has been 8 hours since i put them on 14/10 light schedule and the mycelium is poking out even more,pretty fast if you ask me,in a day or two everything will be covered if it continues to grow at this rate,it was a very thin layer of coco over that fully colonized substrate I moved it a little with a sterile brush yesterday and its pretty dense underneath

look at them today compared to yesterday,is this a good sign?

--------------------

OfflineClintMassey
FREE RONDO

#23386106 - 06/26/16 11:26 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

this is some redboy that had a slight bacterial contamination so I put it under ordinary soil in a big pot and covered it with another pot outside in a shady part of my yard and watered it with like 25 liters of tapped water and left it for few days and mycelium seems to be clear of contamination and it started inoculating soil and everything around,but utside temps are going even to 36 celzius is there any way I can fruit them by putting them somewhere in a shade or in my basement where it is cold or something,even just to get a few tiny shrooms for spore prints?

--------------------

OfflineClintMassey
FREE RONDO

#23389016 - 06/27/16 08:34 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Here are the pictures from day 2 of fruiting conditions,mycelium is still bulking up but I noticed some strands of mycelium poking to the outer surface in a needle type of way is this a sign that the primordya will form soon,I started fanning a little more but I still havent figured out the exact ammount of moisture that should be on my casing,I notices some water droplets on the casing itself but I read that it needs to glisten and that that is called near saturation point that is crucial for nice pinning,I have a lot of those mycelium pikes but I dont think that is primordia forming

Temperature in the monotub is 71.6 degrees Fahrenheit
Humidity is unknown but I mist everytime I fan mostly on the edges of the monotub and the lid itself and the trays are getting some of that mist on them and are sitting in water so I think that it is pretty high

Here are pictures from day 2 it has been 5 hours since 14/10 light schedule has started

I am starting to get a little worried about the pinning itself,I have a feeling I am not doing something right so If anyone has any detailed directions on what I should do or just reasure me that this looks good I would be thankfull

--------------------

Invisibledankington
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 8te
    #23389048 - 06/27/16 08:40 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I'm worried too, because they look so highly bacterial. Most probably the spawn.

OfflineClintMassey
FREE RONDO

Re: My first bulk diary on Shroomery [Re: dankington]
    #23389090 - 06/27/16 08:52 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dankington said:
I'm worried too, because they look so highly bacterial. Most probably the spawn.

holy shit you crepped me out with that,It was the purest mycelium I had,I dont know what kind of bacteria would it supposed to be,I looked at a bunch of threads with contaminations and dealt with alot of them myself but I havent noticed any signs of discoloration,bubbles or anything like slime and stuff to indicate that it is contaminated,smell is purely mushroomy I only did mostly coco as a substrate and a lot of spawn in there there is not much vermiculite in there,so it could be called basically pure coco its not 50/50 more like 80/20 it is multistrain not isolated mycelium,every one of them grows a little bit different one is more fuzzy one is more rhizomorphical and one had that dense mycelium I looked to the sides of the colonized substrate on the edges of the tray not a sign of bacterial contamination so Idk...fuck my life if its contaminated again after all that work

--------------------

OfflineClintMassey
FREE RONDO

#23389098 - 06/27/16 08:54 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

and yea my phone is shitty so the camera is a little blurry,its some old piece of shit phone so its not clear photos

--------------------

Invisibledankington
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23389101 - 06/27/16 08:55 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Looks really thick and cheesy to me. A better pic may change my mind, but it's unlikely.

OfflineClintMassey
FREE RONDO

#23389109 - 06/27/16 08:56 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

wait ill try to get a better camera with macro

--------------------

OfflineClintMassey
FREE RONDO

#23389161 - 06/27/16 09:13 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

dankington said:
Looks really thick and cheesy to me. A better pic may change my mind, but it's unlikely.

If by cheesy you mean this type of growth and thickness than it is not I observed it it is actually more like a dense grouping of hairs It doesnt have that straight dry look to it its all fuzzy and it is probably because of the shitty camera and the bright light that you assumed that,it actually looks pretty great,it has a lot of mycelium pikes poking trought the surface and shows very good signs,it is near saturation point everything is like crystal covered in little droplets I will try to post macro photos tommorow my gf˙s mobile just locked while I tried to guess the pin number cause she s asleep so until tommorow I dont have any better pictures but If you mean with cheesy something like this than you are way out of course

--------------------

Invisibledankington
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23389180 - 06/27/16 09:18 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I know it's sad. we all get emotional about it sometimes. It's okay, let it out. just make sure you have some new stuff going :thumbup:

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23389207 - 06/27/16 09:26 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

kinda looks bacterial. still may produce some shrooms, thou. all is not lost yet.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract