Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJamic
Stranger
 User Gallery
Just a quick look plz
    #2335085 - 02/14/04 05:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

[url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/04-07/680310881-s_print.jpg][/ur]

I have been finding these mushrooms most mornings, generally after rain, or if the grass is damp. Im sorry for the poor photos. They are not great I know. I picked these this morning and put them inside A video case. When I opened it at home the type in the photos had pretty much secreted A black oily substance. Left A spore print on the video case. Anyway, I will try and get some photos of them before they are at this stage because they look far different. The cap usually starts off quite flat, with A perfect light orangy brown ring in the centre about 3, to 5 mm diameter. From the centre circle are black lines radiating out to the edges. I think the lines are apparent from the bottom as the cap is partially transparent, but im not too sure on that one. The underside of the cap the lines are particularly darker than those on the surface. The stem is pretty much off white to grey, quite fragile and tend to go quite stringy when held or rubbed between the fingers.. When picked the caps fold up instead of down. The black goo comes from the lines on the underside of the cap. I am sorry if this mushroom is somewhat obvious or something like that, but I dont really trust my own judgement on any mushrooms and prefer not too. Thankyou for any help with these, and I will try and get some pics of them when they are not withered. Oh, pretty much all the mushrooms were just growing on random front lawns. anywhere really. some nearer, or just on the bark or mud areas around small trees by the road. Also found other mushrooms growing in the grass, but figured they werent much as they were pretty much consistently, creme white, with an orange head, kinda shaped like libert caps, with orange brown under the cap, but nothing too interesting I think. By the way, you dont have to post if you think the photos arent a good enough reference, I somewhat regret not touchint them up now. . .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekoraks
Re: Just a quick look plz [Re: Jamic]
    #2335091 - 02/14/04 05:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Obviously, some sort of coprinus, hard to say exactly what species but I'd go for micaceus.
Oh, and if your print mushrooms, be sure to use white paper.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #2335092 - 02/14/04 05:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What color was the spore print? The last picture looks like a Conocybe species, it could also be a Bolbitius maybe. Need more details. Those non-dilapidated pictures will be nice with a side view of the mushrooms, even better if they are still growing. Check out online descriptions of Conocybe lactea or Conocybe tenera. Get the spore print. Fish around the Bolbitaceae family or maybe the Coprinus genus. Do many of the mushrooms turn black and gooey in old age or do they usually just wither and fall on the grass?

good luck.

OfflineJamic
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Just a quick look plz [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #2335111 - 02/14/04 05:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Cheers for replys. The spore print was pretty much jet black, But I wasnt trying to take one, it just may its own in the video case, thats what the first pic is if you can see it at all. Im not too sure if those mushrooms get larger and turn black, or if they just all wither, I havent really observed them enough, but I picked some recently that were alot larger, and looked somewhat the same, but also had A strong resemblance to the only mushrooms I have tripped off. Only problem is I did not have an i.d as they were from A dealer and I was actually somewhat uncertain about them cause they were just pretty much fleshy black stuff. Anyway, if anyone is interested in those pics just say so, cause I am as they were growing at the bottom of my drive.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #2335177 - 02/14/04 05:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Are you sure the spore print is jet black or did the black liquid get on the paper and mix with the print? Any mushroom left in a closed conatiner for a period of time will begin to biodegrade and form black sludge and stink. But if the spores were jet black Coprinus is the probably the genus. Do they grow in small/large clusters or maybe fairly tight groups?

Show us the pictures if you can, they will help, find younger and older specimens if you can.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: Just a quick look plz [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #2335585 - 02/14/04 08:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Looks like C. micaeus because of the deliquiscing.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder