Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
2 Days In a Row??
    #2334568 - 02/14/04 01:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hey there, just a quick question for anybody who has knowledge on the subject.. Last night I ate 4 hits of blotter, and had a very very insightful trip. Now today I am thinking about eating about 3 or 4 gram's of shroom's but I don't know if I will feel the effects or not due to taking the lsd last night? Thanks ahead of time for any reply's or information.  :heartpump:

Edited by mattzdope (03/10/05 10:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: 2 Days In a Row?? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #2334799 - 02/14/04 03:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

there is a cross tolerence between shrooms and lsd. probably because they activate the same receptors in the brain.

would recomend that you space out your trips with ATLEAST 4 days inbetween.

also what is your motivation for your trips, and what was the blotter design?!

peace

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #2334811 - 02/14/04 03:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well...Should i step in and give a reply not seen often at this forum?

Everyone focuses on the practical side of the matter.Tolerance in this example.

Noone cares about mentality? Is this community going to answers questions like that over and over again as if nothing happens? Im trying not to tell anyone off or appear as "the mean one" but questions like that really make me think about why people dont set the mentality issue straight.There is lot of knowledge here,some people know some serious chemistry,others know their botany very well,others could be considered very well pharmacollogicaly educated but noone seems to give a shit about mentality,the way one acts and why.

You may say that we are here as a community to help people.We spread practical information on mushroom growing,on drug interactions on preparation methods and cultivation of ethnobotanicals.Yet "helping people" includes "helping oneself to get 9oh how charming as an expression- fucked up" and excludes "helping people develop a healthy mentality on psychoactives"

Mattzadope why do you want to trip 2 consecutive days? What are your motives? What is your MENTALITY of the subject.I think this should the one you should question and think about.

Apart from that,use the search function...Cross tolerance

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #2334814 - 02/14/04 03:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My motivation is for better understanding of myself and different aspects of my life, and the design was just a plain light green color.
Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #2334831 - 02/14/04 03:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No offense to you Psiloman BUT your post is ludicrous. One can say the same about "tripping" any time. What are your motives and what is your mentality on the subject? Don't try to judge me on my wanting to trip 2 days in row, it does not mean I just want to get fucked up. You have no idea who I am or why I do what I do. So do not judge me, ever again. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Edited to add that Karma will take care of your very poor judgemental skills.  :heartpump: . Also I did search the forums. And if you go and do a search for "cross tolerance" right now, my post will be the only one to show up. Thank you for trying to be smart.

Edited by mattzdope (02/14/04 03:44 PM)

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #2334835 - 02/14/04 03:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You said : My motivation is for better understanding of myself and different aspects of my life

I hope this is not an "intelectuall robe" that masks an addiction to altered states of consciousness...Its easy putting an ideology sprinkle on something we do (because excuses can do a great lot ) but the real validation of the ideology is the usage method/pattern

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #2334848 - 02/14/04 03:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Actually NO Psilo. Wrong again. If you knew anything about me, you would know that I have a very deep rooted depression. Acid hasn't been in my area in 3 years (along with shrooms) and I was lucky enough to obtain some of both last night, and the lsd brought me to a better appreciation for my girlfriend that I could never fathom in a sober state. I am done defending my "reasoning" as it is none of your business, everybody does things for there own personal reasons. I don't care what you do or why you do it. It is your business. Or maybe it's just the italian blood pumping through my veins.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #2334852 - 02/14/04 03:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mattzdope said:
No offense to you Psiloman BUT your post is ludicrous. One can say the same about "tripping" any time. What are your motives and what is your mentality on the subject? Don't try to judge me on my wanting to trip 2 days in row, it does not mean I just want to get fucked up. You have no idea who I am or why I do what I do. So do not judge me, ever again. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Edited to add that Karma will take care of your very poor judgemental skills.  :heartpump: . Also I did search the forums. And if you go and do a search for "cross tolerance" right now, my post will be the only one to show up. Thank you for trying to be smart.

Well,you dont need to do a search for "cross tolerance" i just mentioned the term.It is a pretty bsic question asked many times...And one can find info on it within 5-6 minutes doing a search.

Dont get me wrong,it was not a personal attack.I do not know you,but two days in a row ...well....why? (the question was not dispelled)

It was not meant to offend.But from what you say,my notion that there is a "mentality" problem in this forum is "ludicrus". Maybe i am the only one complaining about mentality in here and the others feel ok with it... Either i have imagined it all or im very strict

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #2334855 - 02/14/04 03:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No ideology has nothing to do with pattern of use. What are you some kind of fed spreading propoganda on the boards? No offense or anything just wondering??

edited to add: Not everybody has the same ideology.

Edited by mattzdope (02/14/04 03:53 PM)

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #2334877 - 02/14/04 03:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I know this is off topic but does anybody else have an opinion on the above arguement? Id like to hear some more opinions on the issue.

--------------------

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #2334901 - 02/14/04 04:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Oh.hmmm....a Greek Fed trying to bust a New Yorker.Now thats something a comedy could be based one .Anyway,if Feds wanted to fuck up with people on these boards they would have done and they wouldnt have any use for "propaganda".Just go in, grab the shroomery server, "rip" it to threads,see who is who and...do what feds know best to do.

No..Ideology is not a word correlated only with Osama Bin Laden. Ideology for me is the greater view of life.It is the genereal beliefs of everyone. For example...I have found psychedelics very helpfull,but not something to do often.Both from a mental health point of view,by both incorpotrating the exploration and skipping psychological depedance on altered states (in my opinion) and from a "novelty" point of view.I think that you can get most out of these substances by carefull ,scarce usage.Even with weed.For many teens in America ,weed smoking is like drinking water,a daily practice.Questioning my motives i found that for me scarce usage is better.If i wanted to get fucked up,or feel high,or try to evade my depression (believe me i have many reasons to feel "down") i would smoke everyday.Since i do not want that,i dont.That is my ideology on psychedelics.So my usage/pattern of usage reflects that.If i said that but you could spot me in clubs every weekend with dilated pupils ,it would certainly be just words.

Sorry if i sounded harsh.I did not mean to,at least i hope you can give some credit to my viewpoint.No ,im not a "flamer" nor a personal attacker.Im just trying to help in areas i think not much attention was paid to. In other words,i do not codemn you as a person mattzdope.For all i know if we knew face to face each other we could have been best buddies :laugh: Im just trying to set some sort of a "mentality exploration" thing,so many teenagers and others trying substances to "fit in" ,"get fucked up" or "be hardcore" (like the now-dead Ripper) can approach psychedelics form a healthier standpoint.

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2334914 - 02/14/04 04:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think Psiloman is... well... a prick.
Who cares if mattzdope want to consume psychedelics 2 days in a row?? It's completely his choice and he just wants to find out some info. on cross tolerance.

I like to shroom because of the altered state of consiousness it gives me, and this state of consiousness is very interesting and it helps me fathom the complexity of my existence and how amazing everything really is... I can't put it into words. So basicaly I like to shroom because it "fucks me up" but at the same time I have a great appreciation for the deep teachings I learn. Shrooming for me is too great to say things "whats the point of tripping two days in a row", to each his own and the psychedelic world does not necessarily follow the same timeline that earth does, so two days in a row on earth is not really "two days in a row" in my head when im tripping, if u know what I mean.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: 2 Days In a Row?? [Re: Ginseng]
    #2334963 - 02/14/04 04:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well,thank you ginseng.

Thanks for hammering me for trying to express a different viewpoint not expressed often.But i guess in a drugs forum everything is accepted,after all we are doing drugs,arent we?

If i followed the general approach of "cool man, do it but there is some cross tolerance" i would have been a lovely member of the shroomery.Because i am on a forum talking about drugs i should be "full on" and supportive of every drug use and not so picky...or should i say prick-y?

I hope i will not have to congratule daily vicodin users in the forum on my "career' here,just because this would give them their space to do what they do and i wouldnt be a Fascist figure trying to restrain people.

That "who cares" start of the post....well...i care.Although i do not know him i want him to be ok.No im not mother Terresa but thats why we are here.Spread information and ideas.Why? Because we care. If noone cared then we should better drop this forum,go for a spliff and forget about all of it!

(Please not that i havent resorted to personal flaming.Thank you)

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #2335029 - 02/14/04 04:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for your reply Gingsing. That is for the most part how I feel on the situation. =]

Psilo, your apology is accepted. I totally agree with your views and stand on the whole mentality thing. But as you said yourself, those are only your views, and you should not judge people who you do not know anything about based on your views, and what you believe that persons motives are. Although I do agree that psychedelic's can be dangerous if used without care, and are not meant for kid's just looking to get fucked up. But that is not who I am, nor is it somthing I will ever be. I find psychedelic's to be very enlightening, and use them as I need them. Yes I admit my first time taking LSD was to get fucked up and see some "cool visuals and trace's". BUT I found a deeper understanding for LSD and what it can do for me. Well it "tought" me a better understanding.. Very brutally.. It has allowed me to unlock many door's within my mind, explore many places unknown to the "sober state of mind", see many thing's that reflect on me and why I do what I do. Psychedelic's also help me to be a more understanding and loving person seeing as I am a very pessimistic person, and genetically prone to depression and anger. When Im in that little special place there is nothing nobody can say or do to me to set me off into a rage, that I would normally be set off into over little thing's that don't even matter. Does this help to answer your questions on my motive's? Usually I don't offer up my business or why I do what I do, but you proved a point to me, so I thought I would try to let you understand me a little more.

On another note. As I stated above I do believe any psychedelic drug can be a bad thing if abused. Mentally and Physically.. I also believe that people that have had very tragic experiences should stay away from tripping, a couple of year's ago I watched a friend of mine who lost his father to cancer, and suicide (he shot himself point blank in the head after finding out he had lung cancer) flip out on LSD. It is not pretty, and if I wasn't there to help him through this very bad trip I believe he would of done somthing to himself that he couldnt of taken back, ever. Know your mindset, and what to expect. Don't abuse. Don't use for the wrong purpose. Or you will get the bad Karma your asking for. One hand washes the other.

The fed thing and propoganda was a joke. Trying to bust balls  :grin:.. lol

OfflinePsiloman
Male
    #2335088 - 02/14/04 05:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks fo your clarification Matt.Indeed i understand you more now,and i feel happier that i gained this undersatnding.Online conversation can be a bit tricky since one cannot receive clues like tone of voice,body movements etc that can save people from misunderstanding. By the way the remark you made about "geneticaly prone to depression",you mean you have people in your family suffering from it?

I will have to second you on the one about abuse and tragic experiences.It can be very traumatic to have your uncoscious mind hitting you right on the head with things youd rather forget while on a psychedelic.The psychedelic experience is a strong exprience itself and people having been "badly hit" psychologically should refrain in my opinion at least for their "recovery period".In fact,this cannot be stressed enough. I think many "psychedelic casaualties" could be avoided if people were more carefull with their use!

Oh,i didnt get the Fed thing at first (see,its the lack of body cues and voice tone!).Hell,i do not know if in Greece we even have feds.Propably the old bored policeman i guess.But just imagine me being a Greek Fed (!) hunting down an Italian New Yord resident (!!) because of a forum (!!!).Now that would be funny! You would talk to me in an italian accent about "la cosa nostra" and i would tell you about mousaka (greek food) and greek moustached women (j/k Greek women DO NOT have moustaches!)

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2336365 - 02/15/04 02:25 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Psiloman stop writing so smart... you're not fooling anybody, it's just a weak act. You know you have a pretty dumb arguement you should just acknoledge it and the fact that it's only your point of view and it's not legitamite enough to bother people about.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2336510 - 02/15/04 03:23 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I always wait at least two to four weeks in between tripping.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleMal_Fenderson
Space Monkey

Loc: North American Plate.
Re: 2 Days In a Row?? [Re: Psiloman]
    #2336614 - 02/15/04 06:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think that the line of argument that you've given, Psiloman with regard to "why would someone _want_ to trip two days in a row?" is fairly directly applicable to "why would anyone _want_ to trip at all?" with little more than a textual substitution.

Two days in a row? Why? Why not? Now, sure, you're going to ask "where is the line drawn?" and I'm not sure I have a rigorous answer for that. But I don't think that it's prima facie indefensible to want to trip two days in a row for whatever reasoon---enlightenment or just aesthetic enjoyment. Now, if this behaviour starts to cause problems? Well then it's something to consider. But it seems that as the question was framed, "Why not?" is just as valid as "Why?"

He didn't ask "the veins in my arms have collapsed from shooting heroin---which part of my body would be the next most convenient ingress point?" He asked a very reasonable question about tolerance.

Please don't construe my message as advocating the abuse of drugs, psychedelic or otherwise. It may even be that waiting two weeks between trips is good---or a month---or half a year. But at least with regard to his specific question---would he ask if he'd done it before and knew the results?---I don't think that such a Heavy response that essentially assumed the worst---and then when it was explained assumed some linguistic coverup for fundamentally negative behaviour---was called for.

I've noticed my love for the em-dash. Anyway, it's perfectly fine to question "mentality", as you put it, but I think that the best way to do it might be to give users the benefit of the doubt. Now, once they say it's because they don't have any whiskey and they wanna get really fucked up, well, then I think the admonishment can start. But pre-empitvely? Ew ew ew.

--------------------
----
"Better Dead than Red."

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Re: 2 Days In a Row?? [Re: Mal_Fenderson]
    #2336739 - 02/15/04 08:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Nicely versed and you have got a correct viewpoint Mal.I get it.On the queston "why to trip".Well,its one of the most quick and astounding methods to achieve many things,be it better aesthetic appreciation as you mentioned or exposing yourself to new notions at the absence of brain filters (if i understand correctly by blocking the 5HT-2a receptors in ralphe nuclei you somehow inhibit the control it exhibits in other areas of the brain).Ofcourse thats not the only method to achieve such results and combinations with other means can be very helpfull.Still its is one of the quickest and focefull (in the good sense) methods of by passing preset brain filters. Sorry again if i have been unappropritelly heavy for the occasion.

Ginseng,sorry but this is my way of writing.English is not my first language so i may not be that eloquent in "simple talking" (we were not taught everyday talking language).I feel somehow i have been promoted.From a simple prick (which many people are) i became a smart writing prick! Thank you very much,my intention was not smart talk but putting form my point and discussing it as you may have noticed i did (it was not a monologue where i continued accusing,it was a reconsideration on my part of other peoples motives and personal situations). Hey,if you feel so hostile against me you could always give me a bad rating.And urge your friends to do so. Dont worry i wont give you a bad rating,because as i have stated before im not here for the flaming ,and what i write is not ,i repeat "NOT",a personal attack.I just exhibited my point of view without the intention of bothering anyone.The question though remains for you..."Why are we here if not to try and help other people".You mentioned my "weak act" that doesnt fool the people here (you misunderstood me i guess) but you didnt respond. Apparently you took personally my post and i wonder why,Matt was perfectly capable of making his point and he did so in a sufficient way.Have i hurt you somehow?

Arent we here ginseng to help people? Anno and the other "cultivation heads" in here could just leave...They know how to grow their own,they are point of refference!So why do they stay? Because they like helping.Is this again a smartass behavior? I think not...

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2336788 - 02/15/04 09:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Wow getting into some serious discussion over a simple question of cross-tolerance. While I completely believe that what you do to your own body is your business, Psiloman is - I think - not meaning any offense in what he is saying, he is merely sharing his viewpoint... OK that's even a bit too PC for me. From my experience, I prefer to wait a while before tripping again. Not really for the cross-tolerance problem, but simply because I like to take some time (and meditation) to absorb everything I felt, saw, and thought during my trip. I've tried tripping the next day, the day after that, and the day after that (hey come on... it was Bonnaroo!) and found that while I was still able to "trip" - I didn't gain as much out of it as I would have liked. Just from personal experience - I'd say wait it out. Toss the boomers underneath your bed, and in a few weeks time, think how happy they will make you!

Krishna

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals