Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Strange lung and liver problems
    #2327390 - 02/12/04 02:56 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Six days ago I took shrooms that I grown myself, and didn't feel any problems. The shrooms were picked fresh, then dried for two days and consumed with water.

The trip itself was very good. The next day, aside from feeling a bit spaced out and having somewhat blurred vision, I felt fine. Two days after the initial shrooming I didn't feel anything, and it seemed everything went without any negative effects.

During the shrooming night, I left a small amount of shrooms in a bottle of mineral water (dried shrooms soaked in water). I couldn't eat them because I was full and couldn't take any more. I left the bottle on the writing desk overnight, and put it into the fridge the next morning. After three days or so, I drank and ate the content of that bottle, and had only a very mild, pot-like trip, which was abruptly terminated when I took a vitamin C pill (not because I didn't like the trip, but because I didn't know Vitamin C could stop the trip). That shroom potion, which was left in the fridge, didn't change its smell: it smelt exactly like the rest of the shrooms originally consumed four days ago, and tasted the same way, too. I couldn't notice anything wrong with its organoleptic properties.

However, the day after ingesting the left-over potion I started to feel some kind of heavy feeling in my upper stomach and lungs: as if something was pushing my stomach and lungs from the inside. The sensation isn't strong, but it's unusual. Also, I can feel weak pain in my liver from time to time.

I don't have these sensations all the time, but they do worry me now. I'm not convinced this is conneted with the mushroom potion, maybe it has some completely different (and hopefully benign) cause... for instance, it can be reaction to some bad chocolate I ate at the same time....but, I'd like to ask: is there any chance I have poisoned myself? If I have, what should I do?

Edited by alphaone (02/12/04 03:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Strange lung and liver problems [Re: alphaone]
    #2327528 - 02/12/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

if you are SERIOUSLY worried about it, then you should go to the doctor

btw it doesnt seem like the shrooms were responsible to me

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Edited by Slipknot420 (02/12/04 03:37 PM)

Invisiblehawk
Stranger
    #2327694 - 02/12/04 04:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like gas I am being serious. take a tums, pepto when you have pain and see if it effects it.

Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Re: Strange lung and liver problems [Re: hawk]
    #2329423 - 02/13/04 02:00 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think you're right Hawk. This seems to be gas, like a heartburn. It's morning here now and I don't feel those problems in my lungs and stomach any more, but if I start feeling them again, I'll take some tums.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2332973 - 02/13/04 11:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Lung and liver? Could be an infection- have you had trouble breathing? Go to the doctor and get your liver functioned checked. It wouldnt be related to the shrooms, but always good to check these things...

--------------------

Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Loc: The great white north
Re: Strange lung and liver problems [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2333169 - 02/14/04 12:08 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think a cake i'm growing might be infected. Its getting pins that are growing though. If I eat the shrooms and they are infected, what are the chances of me dying? If they're low then i might just munch them anyways caues I dont wanna waste 2 months of my time. And can antibiotics cure infections from mold? wouldnt it just burn up in my stommach? sorry for jacking your thread but i'm curious about this.

--------------------
peace sells but whos buyin?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2333402 - 02/14/04 01:51 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Also, I can feel weak pain in my liver from time to time.

Hang on alpha..are you a doctor? How are you self-diagnosing a pain as originating in your liver?

Psilocybin comes around 400 places lower in the toxicity league than aspirin so it's almost certain it's not the shrooms. What else have you eaten? How often do you stay awake all night? That can have a pretty drastic effect on your physical condition.

Try not to spend too much time worrying about it.

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #2333528 - 02/14/04 03:33 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

alphaone said:
Also, I can feel weak pain in my liver from time to time.

The liver is pretty much free of nerve fibres so you must be feeling the pain somewhere else.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
    #2333739 - 02/14/04 08:08 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

alphaone said:
I couldn't notice anything wrong with its organoleptic properties.

Except that it turned from a dried mushroom to a black wad of wet mush and sat for 4 days.

Quote:

I'd like to ask: is there any chance I have poisoned myself? If I have, what should I do?

It sounds like it just upset your stomache and have you some gas pains.  What should you do?  Well, you should do what you think is right.  If it doesn't go away, go to the doctor.  Next time, don't make too much tea.  You got lucky this time.  My uncle got E. Coli poisoning once and he said he barfed and immediately shit out everything he ate for 2 weeks straight and almost died. That doesn't sound fun.  It was from improper storage of food.  Also, your fridge is one of the #1 places in the house where a lot of bacterial contaminates come from.  Keep that in mind.  4 days in refridgeration isn't that much but I wouldn't doubt that there are some nasty forms of forms of baccillis that can grow that rapidly and really fuck you up. 

And besides the risk of poisoning, I bet they were very nasty too.  I do not think I could stomache them after they have turned black and have been sitting in water for 4 days.  Psilocybin breaks down quickly too in water so (as you found out), the quality of them would not be very good either.

Let it be a learning experience.  BTW, it could have been from anything.  Were you tripping when you thought you were poisoned?  One time I thought my testicle was going to fall off tripping.  :shocked:

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Strange lung and liver problems [Re: Xlea321]
    #2335381 - 02/14/04 06:40 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Doctors are fucking hopeless mate - in my experience they made me do all the research and legwork because my problem wasnt an obvious one from the two meagre bloodtests they conducted. This ofcourse was after telling me for three monthes that it was either all in my head or chronic fatigue because they couldnt be fucked looking any deeper.
So alpha if you think its in your liver area - if it is a very dull pain in that region it could, but the gallbladder has much more nerve sensitivity. If its a sharp pain, id suspect your gallbladder. 9 out of 10 times the docs won pick up what it is because if it isnt serious serosis or something along those lines. I would not worry - chances are it just some passing thing = get it checked if its bothering you though,
Generally infections by molds attack the lungs before other organs are infiltrated.
as for the mushroom connection i doubt that it had anything to do with it - as someone here said - they are barely toxic.

--------------------

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #2336585 - 02/15/04 05:00 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It could be standard food poisoning.

Ye olde food poisoning is a particularly sharp pain in the liver/stomach area that does not subside. Sometimes it can hang around for days, like a very dull pain. Other times it starts off and ramps until you are in bed in the foetal position it hurts so much (been there, off bad fish).

I had a nice bout of it after not cooking chicken well enough a week ago. It was brutal.

Whilst your mushrooms may not have broken down you may have swalled a heavy dose of bacteria that was establishing itself. If the pain is particularly razorsharp that feels like general congestion in the intestines but higher, you probably have got some mild food poisoning.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Strange lung and liver problems [Re: utopianglory]
    #2336587 - 02/15/04 05:03 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Oh and in the throes of that bout last week, I searched on the net for whether it was worth me going to hospital, it turns out they generally just "let it run its course", what a bummer that was.

Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
Re: Strange lung and liver problems [Re: utopianglory]
    #2340930 - 02/16/04 12:05 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry guys, I thought this thread died out so I haven't checked it for several days.

Well, as for the feeling of heaviness in the stomach and lungs, it disappeared when I drank a cup of warm yarrow tea. Sounds strange but that's what happened. It was 5 days ago.

However, two days ago I harvested the last flush of shrooms from my ready-to-grow shroom growing kit, and I can swear I felt something like dust entering my nose and lungs. The shrooms themselves looked perfectly ok. The test with wiping off the blue/green color with cotton showed that it didn't come off, so it had to be bruising. I left the shrooms on a paper to dry. Not many shrooms though, and they were all pretty small.

In the growing kit there was one small patch of green mold (about 0,5 square centimeters) but it was not near the shrooms so I thought it was of no concern. Also, I noticed that one very small shroom had some transparent or yellowish (or light transparent orange? not sure) liquid below its cap. I picked it last and left on a separate piece of paper because it looked suspicios, but when I touched it, the liquid was gone...it didn't have any particular smell. I'm not sure if it was water or some contam :frown: It was so small in quantity that I couldn't even accurately determine if it was slimy or watery. The only thing I'm sure is that it was the only mushroom that had it on its cap. Others looked perfectly sound.

They dried overnight, and yesterday I consumed them. Today in the morning I felt that same kind of dull, heavy feeling in the stomach and lungs. Again, it disappeared when I drank a cup of warm yarrow tea.

I think it's likely that some kind of mold entered my stomach and lungs through the shrooms. I searched the net today, and found that many kinds of fungal infections can be treated with herbal preparations such as: garlic, chamomile, levender etc.

More at: http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/g2603/0003/2603000375/p1/article.jhtml?term=

Took two slices of garlic :smile:

Since I don't feel ill at the moment I hope my body managed to fight it off. I really do hope so. Since it disappeared so quickly I don't think the infection managed to spread too much (if at all). Or it was just gas / irritation? Who knows..

I tossed the growing kit, and washed everything in my room that got into contact with the kit and shrooms with bleach solution.

As for the pain in the liver, I have probably blew it out of proportion. I've been a heavy user of headache painkillers (mostly the combo paracetamol + caffeine + aspirine) for almost ten years now (trying to cut it down but it takes time) and it's been for some time that I occasionaly feel something around the liver area. Paracetamol is known to be hard on liver. It's not exactly pain but more like some weird sensations (tingling or heaviness for instance, sometimes borders with mild pain). Four years ago I thought I fucked up my liver with too much alcohol and paracetamol but the blood tests showed that it was ok. So I really don't know.

Again, thank you all for your comments.

Edited by alphaone (03/12/04 05:26 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom