Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
MMM... Pesto Cream Pasta Recipe
    #2325878 - 02/12/04 04:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, I'm still pretty new here, got about 20 posts, but I really like the idea of this forum...

I'll start out with my recipe for Pesto Cream Pasta....

First things first..

Ingredients

1 quart Heavy Whipping Cream
2 heads of garlic
Bundle of Asparagus
Bundle of Scallions(green onion)
4 oz Jar of Capers
Basil Pesto, either store bought of home made.
White Wine
Olive Oil
1 lb. pasta (I usually use linguine)
Chicken breasts are optional.

Directions

Take the quart of cream, and 1 to 1.5 heads worth of garlic cloves, maybe cut each in half, add both to a suitable sized pot. Bring to a rolling boil for about an hour. Remember, have it be boiling as slowly as you can and remember to stir pretty often, as cream can break if left alone.

Now while thats doing that cut up the rest of the stuff. I usually cut the Asparagus into 1" biased sections, .5 to 1 cm for the scallions, and dice the garlic pretty small. Cut the garlic last as it will get your knife pretty sticky.

Now take another pot and boil enough water in it to cook the pasta. You can add salt to the water, about a tablespoon, to bring down the boiling temp. Read the times on the particular pasta box for times. Or you can test a piece every couple minutes, done when theres no white in the middle, maybe even slightly before or after depending on your taste. When done dump in a colinder in the sink and run cold water over through it to cool it down, use hands to mix around. Once cool let it sit there or somewhere else until you are ready for it. I always add some olive oil to it so it doesn't dry out and stick together.

Ok, now you've got all your stuff ready. Its time to put it all together.

Get a saute pan, get it hot. Hot enough so it smokes a little with olive oil in it. Put maybe 2-4 oz of olive oil in the pan. When it starts smoking, add the asparagus, Use tongs and/or flip it if you dare, to keep the asparagus from burning on one side, after like 10-30 seconds add the garlic, then the scallions.

Usually I prefer my veggies cooked very little as the more shape and texture retained, the more healthy. So don't cook this stuff too long, just long enought to get a tiny bit of color on the outside. Once you are satisfied(remember this stuff will continue to cook until its on your plate) hit it with about half the jar of capers and about 2-4 oz of white wine.

Once the wine has reduced enough ..for a about 10-20 seconds, add the cream, Which should have reduced some by now. Mix everything up a bit, now add Pesto. You'll have to find whatever amount suits you. Add a tong full from the jar, or wherever you put it if its homemade, stir it into the sauce and taste with your finger. When desired taste is met, add the noodles, give time for noodles to get warm and mix it all up. At this step you may want to have turned down the burner, do this whenever the desired consistency of the sauce is reached, remember, when it cools it will be thicker.

Amounts and times are estimates, I always eye everything out, these directions willl however yield good results on the first flush.

*I will at the same time cook a chicken breats per person and have it finish at the same time and throw one on each plate of pasta, chicken is done when theres no pink and the meat threads. You can get the feel for it by pressing on it with your fingers.*

Now you put it on your plate and begin to eat it using a 5 1/2 inch fork in your right hand.

Hehe enjoy.

*To make your own basil pesto, get about a half pound of basil leaves, garlic cloves, roasted pine nuts, olive oil, a little mozzarella, and maybe a few anchovies, combine in a food processor... I've always eyed it out, check the internet for better recipes.

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Topicals