Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrowser
Learning
 User Gallery

Growing Advice Sought For Calea Zacatechichi Bitter Variety
    #23254394 - 05/21/16 02:42 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I have the bitter variety of Calea Zacatechichi and am having problems growing it.

The poor plant is not doing very well at all now. I got this plant in the fall and it did pretty well growing under artificial light in my warm, humidified office over the winter. Even then it was never succulent but spindly. It would grow green leaves at the end of the spindly shoots and the lower leaves always browned and died off as new end leaves grew.

In the spring I moved it outside and it has gone from bad to worse. The end leaves have been a chalky light green for a while and now they have all turned brown like the lower leaves. There appear to be new leaf beds along one of the spindly stems but that is all.

I tried repotting it yesterday and will see how it is going. I think I may have been over watering it. Has anyone got any growing advice for the bitter Calea Zacatechichi.  The sweet Calea Zacatechichi seems a lot easier to grow. I don't think I have got the right growing conditions for my bitter plant.  Any advice would be welcome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds