Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Can you explain what happened to my mind??? Lucid dream >> sleep paralysis
    #23204865 - 05/09/16 06:09 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

A couple years ago I was sleeping soundly with my girlfriend. I had read about lucid dreaming in the past, always wanted one. So in my dream that night I was walking around an empty house, the emptiness and foreigness of the building triggered the realization that it was just a dream. So at that point I decided to shoot through the roof and soar through outer space. This lasted for just a few moments before I was awakened. As I laid there in my bed I tried to move my limbs but they felt like they weighed a million pounds a piece. All I could do were move my eyes and scope out my bedroom. This had happened to me before so I wasn't frightened. I just enjoyed the experience for what it was.

But as I laid there I began to hear and hallucinate things. My bedroom door was shut and all the lights were off in the house. However, I began to see a light flicker from the slit under the door. I then began to hear what sounded like a horse galloping through water from a distance until it arrived at my door. I then began to notice a ghostly figure hovering to my right, just outside my periphery so I couldn't see  sharp details. I began to freak a little bit more when I felt hands grabbing me legs and working their way up to my neck. After that happened a voice whispered into my left ear, between my girlfriend and I, "you're going to hell"

After hearing that I started moaning and grunting. Anything I could do to wake up my girlfriend. She woke up and pushed my body which snapped me out of the paralysis.

Anyone ever have a similar experience? During this time of my life I was taking pain pills recreationally and using psychs occasionally

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePrincessNova
Stranger
Re: Can you explain what happened to my mind??? Lucid dream >> sleep paralysis [Re: plasma]
    #23204978 - 05/09/16 07:16 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Yes...
I have been since a kid and always sensed it was something else but didn't read anything until 8 then again now in my twenties.

I used to get the paralization and thought it was someone different as it was quite demonic. My mum had me tested and I was completely sane so it really scared me.

It stopped for a while around 14 when a friends mum told me a basic prayer to say that was pretty much self empowering.

As an adult I find I more instantly fall asleep and enter a dark empty abyss where there are other but some not so aware. I did one night Pierce through the roof that was like a black sheet and ended up in what i thought was space....

I've also had breathing between my partners head and mine and we both realized at the same time it wasn't the other person.

Its all learning and it gets great the more you find yourself and inner courage.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Can you explain what happened to my mind??? Lucid dream >> sleep paralysis [Re: plasma]
    #23205219 - 05/09/16 09:18 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

as you said, you had been dabbling with psychedelics, so your usual clearly demarked phasing between waking consciousness transitioning to resonant sleep consciousness and back has been shimmed, by enjoying the intermingling waking and resonant consciousness through lsd and weed.

the expected compartmentalization of intensely resonant dream experiences to sleeping is no longer 100% the norm, i.e. pandora's box has been left open a bit.

so, now, while transitioning from deep sleep to waking, you allow a mix of waking persona with dreaming persona.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Can you explain what happened to my mind??? Lucid dream >> sleep paralysis [Re: redgreenvines]
    #23205741 - 05/09/16 12:04 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
so your usual clearly demarked phasing between waking consciousness transitioning to resonant sleep consciousness and back has been shimmed, by enjoying the intermingling waking and resonant consciousness through lsd and weed.

the expected compartmentalization of intensely resonant dream experiences to sleeping is no longer 100% the norm.

What in the fuck are you talking about?

Just because we're in the philosophy sub doesnt mean you have to use words you clearly have no experience in using. Or else you do, and you always come across as desperately trying to sound smart.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Can you explain what happened to my mind??? Lucid dream >> sleep paralysis [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #23206051 - 05/09/16 01:10 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

ok you explain the OP's experience in your words

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Can you explain what happened to my mind??? Lucid dream >> sleep paralysis [Re: redgreenvines]
    #23206068 - 05/09/16 01:16 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

He had a lucid dream followed by sleep paralysis. The hallucinations are common complaints about sleep paralysis.

--------------------

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: Can you explain what happened to my mind??? Lucid dream >> sleep paralysis [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #23206258 - 05/09/16 02:22 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks the ecstatic, makes plenty of sense

Idk what the fuck the other guy even tried to say

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#23206342 - 05/09/16 02:45 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Np dude, i have a phd in lucid dreaming.

--------------------

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#23206350 - 05/09/16 02:48 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

:highfive:

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
    #23206507 - 05/09/16 03:45 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

These dudes just disrespected the most brilliant mind on the shroomery.

Ban??

--------------------

Edited by EternalCowabunga (05/09/16 03:49 PM)

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Can you explain what happened to my mind??? Lucid dream >> sleep paralysis [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #23206535 - 05/09/16 03:53 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Most brilliant mind on the shroomery isnt saying much.

But you read that post and tell me it doesnt reek of try hard smarminess. The type of person at a party lecturing people on chakras whilst sipping a microbrew.

--------------------

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: Can you explain what happened to my mind??? Lucid dream >> sleep paralysis [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #23206583 - 05/09/16 04:07 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

But he isn't just talking out of his ass. He has a whole unified theory about consciousness that you don't know. It is really brilliant and you won't find it in a library or school anywhere.

Check out some of his past posts if you have the time.

:cheers:

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#23206591 - 05/09/16 04:09 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

EternalCowabunga said:
It is really brilliant and you won't find it in a library or school anywhere.

Statements like this make me seriously question your definition of the word brilliant.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#23206637 - 05/09/16 04:22 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

have another toke.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#23206732 - 05/09/16 04:38 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I suspect it would take more than that to conjure up a unified theory on one of the least understood mechanisms of the natural world.

But hey, different strokes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale