Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Whats your theory on Deja Vu?
    #2318440 - 02/09/04 03:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ive been puzzled for a long time, it used to be somewhat a daily occurance then i was dry for about a month now i'm starting to get strong spontaneus Deja Vu's on daily basis.

It's like i know the answer in my heart, it tells me exactly what it is but its still incomprehensible by both brain hemisheres...

I have a theory, that each of us comes to this material earthly live for a reason, each of us has a treasure to find, and our treasure is where our heart is ......... catch my drift? but wait, i want to hear your views on this first before i go on :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Whats your theory on Deja Vu? [Re: cleaner]
    #2318487 - 02/09/04 04:06 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Could you please define deja vu...I still dont know what it is lol.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2318509 - 02/09/04 04:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

:stoned: Well i think that everything that is happening has already happened. And Life is only an extensive memory processing itself in the brain, now a dying collection of cell. the body only exist on this universe for a flash fraction of a milli-secound, in universal time that is at the rate that the big bang is going, this is only an explosion in a void, eventualy all sparks will go off and the fire will be out. But that is cazillions of years away, in human time that is.  Anyways as our brains start to evolve and our frequencies advance we gain this spiritual memory. The memory of everything that can and will happened. Because we become closer to evolving outside of the human time spectrum. I say De Ja Vu is just these flashes of thoughts of a possible outcome, just one of a  million of these thoughts stand out because its the one that actually comes true. These flashes of memory are sort of our spiritual memory activating, confusing the physical memory and leaving you with this eerie feeling that you have actually read this before....Because our spiritual memory works in terms of universe time. And the more we get in touch with our universe and expand the mind, the more gain this spiritual memory and start remembering our past and future lives....... :stoned: Oh Yeah......

--------------------

Anonymous

#2318573 - 02/09/04 04:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Deja vu is a hint that explains the real essence of "time", that is, the Expanded Present. All that has happened, is happening, and will happen is happening right now at this moment. However it is not so simple. The expanded present is an infinite web of of events that branches with every possibility in every situation ever created. When we experience deja vu, it's a "glitch in the Matrix" that allows us a very brief glimpse at the expanded present, which is why we have the feeling of having experienced it before. If you can imagine a giant room as the expanded moment, this glimpse is like looking through a keyhole into that room for a quarter of a second. We cannot make out any details and it is more of a subconscious "feeling" than the memories we are familiar with in our conscious mind.

Another thing about deja vu: Because it is so strange a phenomenon, and because it is so short, very few people discover the ability to see "ahead" with deja vu. This is indeed possible, as I have been doing this ever since I discovered it myself. Next time you have deja vu, don't sit there dumbfounded thinking "wow, deja vu!" You have to be quick and as soon as you feel it there you can "look" ahead into future events. I've noticed that the farther ahead you look, the faster the deja vu fades away and the events you see also become cloudier and less defined. I would say for sure though that you can know in general what is going to happen to yourself within the next two weeks with this method.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2318631 - 02/09/04 04:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't get Deja Vu like "this has happened before" or "I have seen this before,"

my deja vu is more like "I've known this all along, and I am just remembering."

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2318660 - 02/09/04 04:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think it may have something to do with dreams...but this is only a very early theory.

Reason being: sometimes when I get Deja Vu it is accompanied by a very strong mental image of the event/place in question which I instantly remember as being in a dream I've had previously. I can't say for certain that the dream place/event was exactly the same as the place/event that triggers the Deja Vu...but it is pretty close.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblemuhurgle
Turtles all theway down

Re: Whats your theory on Deja Vu? [Re: ]
    #2318812 - 02/09/04 05:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The first time I did mushrooms I had an overwhelming sense of deja vu that lasted for at least a couple of hours. It was not that very specific events had happened before, it was just the feeling of being where I was, with the people I was with, in the state of mind that I was. Right after the coming up I knew that this had all happened before, that we had all been "here" before. I became very nostalgic, thinking how I had missed this. Very weird.

Maybe this is normal? Anyway, how would that help you see into the future? Sounds kind of backwards.

--------------------
"To make this mundane world sublime
Take half a gram of phanerothyme."

Aldous Huxley

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2318941 - 02/09/04 06:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You're remembering what you had already planned in your life before you incarnated here on this 'material earthly live'.

It's a roadsign, to let you know you're 'on the right track' and everything is going according to plan.

I've had several Deja Vus where, I would enter a 'moment'...and in an instant--realize I remember the entire picture I see before my eyes, from the coffee cup to the left and the picture on the wall on the far right, window with the sunshine peeking through and decorating the floor...and so on. EXACTLY the same as I had 'remembered' in a vision before, be it a daydream or whatnot.
"Future Flashbacks".
:wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #2319193 - 02/09/04 07:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think cleaners theory should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm still waiting for the harvest.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
Re: Whats your theory on Deja Vu? [Re: trendal]
    #2319233 - 02/09/04 07:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Trendal, I had a theory, which im not so sure about anymore, but here it goes:

Last night your dreamt about buying an ice cream. In your dream at that moment you were there and buying the ice cream. So it has been expierenced and can carry with it a memory of experience.

In you waking state you walk into a room and for whatever reason you have a flashback of the dream. You are experiencing buying the ice cream again. Yet you do not remember the ice cream. The flashback dosnt involve the memory of the events, just a memory that it has happened before.

If at that moment you walk into a room and say hello to your friend, you will assosiate those actions with the memory of an event happening before, which was the buying of the icecream.

Hope that makes sence

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Edited by Sole_Worthy (02/09/04 07:26 PM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats your theory on Deja Vu? [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #2319271 - 02/09/04 07:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, though it is not exactly the way I have experienced things.

I'm talking about a very definite mental image of the dream itself.

For example:
Once back in High School I was asked by a couple girls why this multitrack recorder we were supposed to be using in tech class wasn't working. I figured it just wasn't hooked up properly, so I bent over the board to look at the back. Before I got a clear view of the back, I had a strong mental image of looking at the back of such a recorder along with the memory of a dream where I did so. In fact I remembered having the dream a week or so prior to this event.

I'm not saying I had a dream of the event, because in the dream the situation was much different than in the classroom (and the dream didn't take place in the classroom, either) but the simple image of the back of the board was stunningly identical to the dream image.

Follow?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
    #2319296 - 02/09/04 07:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yes, the only similar expierence I can recall to that was a few months back when I had a job in a metal pressing factory. I was talking to this bloke and it suddenly dawned on me that I had dreamted it many years ago. Id say, roughly estimating 6-10 years prior. The only part I can remember of the dream, which was quite an odd one, was passing through this factory and that scene on the way to somewhere wierd and wonderful, oh u know how dreams are!

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Whats your theory on Deja Vu? [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #2319483 - 02/09/04 08:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Deja Vu is a strip club that I frequent more than I should... nothing more to me.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2319597 - 02/09/04 09:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
I think it may have something to do with dreams...but this is only a very early theory.

Reason being: sometimes when I get Deja Vu it is accompanied by a very strong mental image of the event/place in question which I instantly remember as being in a dream I've had previously. I can't say for certain that the dream place/event was exactly the same as the place/event that triggers the Deja Vu...but it is pretty close.

Ditto. I used to think this was deja vu. Then someone explained what deja vu is. Dreams coming true is not the same as deja vu.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2319762 - 02/09/04 09:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"Deja vu, it happens when they change something." - The Matrix

I'm sure plenty of salvia users can vouch for that one  :wink:

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
    #2319865 - 02/09/04 10:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

trendal said:

I experience deja vu very similarly, I think you hit it on the head.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2320456 - 02/10/04 02:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

what bugs me is that I always call it out loud when I experience this around other people; I say "woah I'm experiencing deja vu.. I remember being in this place while hearing what you just told me... woah.. woah.. woah.." It feels like I remember telling the person that I have deja vu, and I sometimes tell them that too "woah I remember telling you that, too.. and this-woah."

gets me every fuckin time

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats your theory on Deja Vu? [Re: Frog]
    #2320610 - 02/10/04 05:31 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No I was trying to be specific and say that it is not "dreams comming true" that I am talking about.

Rather that the similarity exists between a dream and reality to the point of causing Deja Vu.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2320854 - 02/10/04 09:32 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

something else that bugs me is that I always call it out loud when I experience this around other people; I say "woah I'm experiencing deja vu.. I remember being in this place while hearing what you just told me... woah.. woah.. woah.." It feels like I remember telling the person that I have deja vu, and I sometimes tell them that too "woah I remember telling you that, too.. and this-woah."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

#2321195 - 02/10/04 01:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals