Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekactus.brand.g
Oysters,Wine Caps,and Stinkhorns,oh my!
    #23162558 - 04/27/16 06:48 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Well,I got caught in a  severe thunderstorm today,as soon as I started hunting,got stuck under a bridge that flooded with a torrent of water,and I almost lost my life,but I did finally find some Wine Caps and Oysters:yesnod:

And a stinky Stinkhorn:tongue2:

Then I saw this guy watching me as a picked the WineCaps.

Then I heard the Thunder,and saw the Lighting,and made my way to what I thought was a safe-haven.

Then it poured,and the wind blew like a Tornado,with  Lighting!

I was stuck under that bridge for over an hour,and the water started rising,and the creek turned into a mini river.
If you notice the sand on the left,I was up on that,then the water started destroying it,and I plunged into the water,almost getting swept downstream!
I manged to keep my backpack from getting wet somehow,and got out alive.

And after the rain,a very Ornately colored Box Turtle.

Was it  all worth it? Hell yeah it was!!!
It gives me hope that I'll find even more edibles on my next outing:yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemyceliups
Builder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philthadelphia
Re: Oysters,Wine Caps,and Stinkhorns,oh my! [Re: kactus.brand.g]
    #23162752 - 04/27/16 07:35 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

awesome. you in VA? or south?

Offlinekactus.brand.g
Re: Oysters,Wine Caps,and Stinkhorns,oh my! [Re: myceliups]
    #23162761 - 04/27/16 07:37 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I'm in Kentucky,and thanks:cool:

Offlinemyceliups
Builder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philthadelphia
    #23162784 - 04/27/16 07:41 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah heard some big storms were coming
through. Good to be alive and find more
fungi

Offlinekactus.brand.g
Re: Oysters,Wine Caps,and Stinkhorns,oh my! [Re: myceliups]
    #23162801 - 04/27/16 07:45 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah,it was terrible!
I think the storms are over here for a while.
I can't wait to go hunt without that interruption next time:lol:

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
    #23164318 - 04/28/16 08:20 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

way to go man.  nice finds and congrats on not dying cause that would sorta suck and i'd be reading something a dead man wrote which is sorta creepy.

going foraging saturday this weekend.  we've finally gotten ****, too. 

next weekend should be morel heaven if they're actually going to fruit since by then it will have been consistently moist as well as not too hot or cold for at least ten days straight.

Offlinekactus.brand.g
Re: Oysters,Wine Caps,and Stinkhorns,oh my! [Re: relic]
    #23164420 - 04/28/16 09:10 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

relic said:
way to go man.  nice finds and congrats on not dying cause that would sorta suck and i'd be reading something a dead man wrote which is sorta creepy.

going foraging saturday this weekend.  we've finally gotten ****, too. 

next weekend should be morel heaven if they're actually going to fruit since by then it will have been consistently moist as well as not too hot or cold for at least ten days straight.

Thanks man,and yeah,I'm still kicking:lol:

I wish you luck on you foray,and find some Morels for me!
They didn't fruit in any of my locations this season,for some reason:sad:

I was going to go back out today,but it's already so hot and humid,I think I'll pass,until after the next three days worth of rain we are supposed to get:excited:

I hate to say it,but a couple weeks back when it was cold,I was wishing for this weather,and now,I just want it to be cool,so I can go back out mushroom hunting,and continue all my gardening projects without getting burnt the hell up:lol:
It's supposed to be cloudy and 69 Monday,hooray!!!

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

#23164534 - 04/28/16 09:45 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i hear you on the weather stuff and thanks; hopefully my wine cap patch is busting at the seams!  it was so damn dry around my woods for three weeks straight, unlike any stretch of spring wx i could remember.  i was wishing like hell for some r*** and now it's gonna be "wet and miserable" according to my non-foraging friends...but i call it sweeeet.

hey if you feel like it, take a look at the outdoor cultivation forum and see if you want to post your grow there.  i'm building pics and info with my ovoid experiments and am going to post a log there once another week or two passes.

Offlinekactus.brand.g
    #23164587 - 04/28/16 10:03 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

relic said:
i hear you on the weather stuff and thanks; hopefully my wine cap patch is busting at the seams!  it was so damn dry around my woods for three weeks straight, unlike any stretch of spring wx i could remember.  i was wishing like hell for some r*** and now it's gonna be "wet and miserable" according to my non-foraging friends...but i call it sweeeet.

hey if you feel like it, take a look at the outdoor cultivation forum and see if you want to post your grow there.  i'm building pics and info with my ovoid experiments and am going to post a log there once another week or two passes.

Dude,we just are just too impatient when it comes to hunting:lol:

Yeah man,I'm just going to spawn all that colonizing ovoid substrate to an outdoor area area where I fish,and just leave it,however,I have a Wine Cap grow that I want to do,and I had  a bit of success with one last year.

The huge mound of corn stalks,that I found pounds upon pound of Wine Caps from last season,has been eaten all the way down to ground level,and there are barely any stalks left.
This is most likely why,I only found a few specimens.

Well,I know where a field is right now,with tons of stalks still on the ground rotting,and my plan is to gather up a bucket of those,then wait for some Caps to fruit again from my spot,and then mix in stem butts with a bed of stalks I put in a shady spot at my house.
I did that in a pot last year,and I actually got a few fruits!

I know it will work,and I'll post my log in the outdoor cultivation forum,as soon as I get started:thumbup:
Thanks for that link:cool:

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

#23164801 - 04/28/16 11:14 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

awesome stuff.  looking forward to seeing it.  the corn stalk plan sounds good to me.

i see no action in my lazy man's wine cap bed this year.  something dug into it this past winter and, being a lazy man especially in the winter, i didn't notice for a couple weeks or so.  guess it died off.

i'm totally going to try again this year and put just a bit more effort into it.  a reason that i didn't notice the damage this past winter was that i had to put the bed pretty far away on the other side of my property...because of my damn chickens.  those bastards will tear up a mushroom bed.

but i salvaged a bunch of wire fence from a friend's house so i'm flush with fencing to keep the chickens out of any new patches i make.

Offlinekactus.brand.g
    #23164813 - 04/28/16 11:22 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks man,and yeah,can't be lazy in this game:lol:

Those critters will get at your hard work,every dang chance they get!

Once my bed is made,I'll have to chicken wire mine off too,because my yard is full of birds,and they are wrecking havoc on everything in my yard:mad2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder