Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Pics of my aquarium setup
    #23137 - 07/04/00 05:05 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

so you put water in the internal container?

That works somewhat, better yet is to have an external container inline with perlite in it. It doesn't take terrarium space that way.

but looks like it should work. Unless you live in a humidity place though you'll still probably need perlite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#23139 - 07/05/00 12:30 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

How do you open the top?

OfflineGadget
addict

#23140 - 07/05/00 08:37 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

That should work as is, but here are a few suggestions/questions.

Suggestions:
#1 Replace glass water container with 1 quart mason jar. Punch 2 holes in lid. Feed air supply thru one hole with bubler on the end. In second hole, create exhaust tube that will feed the air into your terrarium. This way you can save valuable space inside.

#2 I advise that you use about 1" damp perlight in bottom of terrarium. (your bong type humidifier will not supply sufficient humidty on its own, but will help keep perlight damp, and provide ventilation.)

Questions:
#1 The blue thing on top is an exhaust vent?

#2 What is the white sealant? (you seem to have come to the same problem as I, "how do you seal the lid??)

The nice part about this setup is, once you birth the cakes and place them in the terrarium, you can generally ignore them till its time to harvest, just run the air pump 24*7.

Also I've found that best results are achieved by placing the cakes directly on the damp perlight, but your mileage may very. If you have the time/patience would you verify my results?

PS, A Pic of foaf's setup

------------------
/Gadget

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there always is."

[This message has been edited by Gadget (edited July 05, 2000).]

OfflineGadget
addict

#23142 - 07/05/00 01:40 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Ahhh, let me guess, the whole black plastic frame comes off with the lid, yes?

That "jar" will work fine, just make sure you can get teh bubbler stone into the bottom.

With regards to an exhaust, if air is pumped in, its gotta get out somehow... yea? That's why I went with ushaped exhaust. Not knowing if CO2 will settle out of suspension from the air, I figured, pulling the exhaust from the bottom of the terrarium couldn't hurt.

Your light should be fine, I've found that lighting seems to make little difference, other than modifing temp range. During the winter I need the heat from the light to keep temps in mid 70f, but now that its summer, I don't use it, other than for Picture purposes.

It looks like you "good to go" if you have any problems with fruiting, try removing the tin foil "tray". I found that the cakes bennefit from the additional moisture when sitting directly on perlight (or whatever).

What exactly is "PC expanded argile balls" Got a pic?

Peace

------------------
/Gadget

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there always is."

OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
    #23143 - 07/05/00 02:35 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

over kill! just use a hand spray bottle and spray it twice a day.

--------------------
Mad skills, you know this!!!

I am here to Myth Bust

InvisibleKavalo
Phallic Mushroom
Loc: Portugal
    #23144 - 07/05/00 03:44 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Gadjet, expanded argile balls look like this: http://www.terravista.pt/Meco/7932/argile.jpg

here is a pic of my setup running with a cake. btw.. i used a err.. don?t know how to spell it in english... one of those little dishes used to put coffee cups.. as a tray. http://www.terravista.pt/Meco/7932/setup3.jpg

i only used these as a tray because i don?t trust the argile balls

[This message has been edited by Kavalo (edited July 05, 2000).]

OfflinePappaKaps
enthusiast
    #23145 - 07/05/00 03:54 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Got a little happy with the sealer did ya :smile:

InvisibleKavalo
Phallic Mushroom
    #23146 - 07/05/00 08:56 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

hum... i was thinking.. can i use the same tek as i did with the bubbler but using an aquanrium heater?

OfflineGadget
addict

#23147 - 07/05/00 10:13 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Expanded argile balls, Never seen anything like that before :smile: So l9ong as they hold mositure and release it you should be fine. A good check for humidity is to make sure you get pleanty of condesation on the wall of the terrarium.

With regards to the aquarium heater, do you mean put it in the jar with the water and the bubler? So that its exhaust is warm/moist air?

The nice part about this setup is its automation level. One can pretty much ignore the cakes once birthed. Which is more than worth the initial effort to setup.

------------------
/Gadget

Anonymous

#23148 - 07/05/00 10:26 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

That is a cool setup
peace

InvisibleKavalo
Phallic Mushroom
    #23150 - 07/06/00 01:55 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

forgot to type something...
Do the pins on that pic look good?
i?ve noticed that them stem of the pins on the left is a little yellow.. but the stem of the pin on right is white... does it mean anything?

OfflineGadget
addict

#23151 - 07/06/00 03:06 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

What ever your doing, your doing fine :smile:

Yea, those pins look OK, maybe a little fat, but pretty normal looking all in all.

The aquarium heater in a container of water should work, never tried it myself. Only concern would be not letting it get to warm (no greater than 90F, 32.2C!) I am unsure if it will produce suffiecient humidity. It would need to be tested :wink: So, let us know how it works out...

Peace

------------------
/Gadget

Jump to top Pages: 1

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix