Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

I'm destined to be a hermit
    #2299477 - 02/04/04 02:03 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I can't really stand society.
Life is so boring.
The women here are extremely anti-drug (at least the ones I've met) and quite incompatible with me.

Sigh, I find myself longing for those childhood days when everything was so carefree and no one held prejudices or biases. I feel like I will never experience true happiness ever again...  :sad:

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: I'm destined to be a hermit [Re: daba]
    #2299570 - 02/04/04 03:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

We need to get all the members of the shroomery on an island working as a functional society... plus the chemist bees from the-hive.ws :thumbup: :grin:
I have the same problem as you dude........... :frown:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2299714 - 02/04/04 05:42 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Being a hermit isn't so bad :smirk:

I'm already 1/2 way there!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
    #2299937 - 02/04/04 08:38 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I hate society and people too (with a few exceptions) and I always like being alone, I never get lonely. All you need is only one friend and you're the richest man in the world.

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I'm destined to be a hermit [Re: trendal]
    #2300673 - 02/04/04 12:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Trendal, you have to stop posting where I post. Everytime I see your avatar... BWHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2300936 - 02/04/04 01:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

daba said:
I can't really stand society.
Life is so boring.
The women here are extremely anti-drug (at least the ones I've met) and quite incompatible with me.

Sigh, I find myself longing for those childhood days when everything was so carefree and no one held prejudices or biases. I feel like I will never experience true happiness ever again...  :sad:

I know exactly what you mean man.  For over a year I had no friends at all, except some that I went to visit every few months.  It sucked so badly, I was on the verge of suicide.  I guess being like that, I read alot, and learnt alot that I wouldnt have if I had partied all the time.  Later on I used that knowledge to build a piece of cool software that got me a little recognition.  So I guess maybe you have something to do in life that requires being "hermity".  :eyemouth:

You should try going to a rave.  You'll meet girls that are so pro-drug you'll look anti-drug in comparison.  I met many girls who are alot younger than me but have tried way more drugs than I ever want to.  One of them came over last night and got me high.  Now that is rare!! But they do exist! :stoned:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2301221 - 02/04/04 02:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

:wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2302674 - 02/04/04 08:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hermits unite! err wait.. :nut:

heh daba, from the few times I have talked to you I can say you seem like a really awesome dude, and my bet is you will be one of the lucky ones who mets a really awesome woman.
just seems that way...could be wrong, but I am pretty sure you will be happy again.
maybe when you finish what your doing now, you can go traveling?  Its hard not have fun traveling, and you could meet shroomerites :eyemouth:
peace and shroomyness

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I'm destined to be a hermit [Re: shaggy101]
    #2302721 - 02/04/04 09:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Shaggy101... thanks for the kind words! I really hope I do meet an awesome woman. I've felt so many times that I've been destined to live a life of solitude.

I dislike society, and society (for the most part) dislikes me. In order to be "accepted" by society I have to be another actor; screw that.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #2302987 - 02/04/04 10:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I feel sorry for you guys who have had trouble with friends. Although I've been celibate my entire 19 years and have had horrible luck in love, I think I can honestly say my real friends number into the double digits, which I think is rare. I had a real heartbreaker recently and opening up to my friends, along with posting on this board, helped tremendously.

I do get down at times but I'm a very happy, optimistic person who likes people overall.

Everyone should try to adopt an optimistic philosophy. It makes life so much better. Just bend and survive with all adversity, and when you have to go through something horrible just go through it and remember that it's something you can't get rid of. Stressing yourself out over anything is counterproductive and pointless.

Be thankful for what you have and smile... it's better for you and better for everyone else around you.

Sorry if this comes off as high-minded bullshit, but this is how I live (even though it sucks really bad that I can't get the girls I want).

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Offlineceephax
Tapeworm

Loc: Gastrointestinal track
    #2303244 - 02/04/04 11:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The more friends you have, the harder it is to deal with them. Or, the more you influence on other people, be it friendship or whatever, the harder that is to carry on your shoulders. Don't get all stressed out. Think of it this way; you have more freedom, than say someone with more friends.

Example: you always see some chick whose always yacking on her fucking cell-phone to her friends or whatever, right after class. But me, I just go to the parking lot and take a piss near my car. Bad example.

--------------------
What am I saying? I'm not even Chinese!

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
    #2303758 - 02/05/04 03:23 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hey that island idea sounds great.....covered in ganja forest and mushroom fields mmm with a libeterian socialst government id be in heaven..... o if dreams could come true... :laugh:

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: I'm destined to be a hermit [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #2311016 - 02/07/04 04:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hey daba i kno exactly what you mean. i too was feeling very similiar one point in my life.

but I KNEw something was wrong. i didnt want to feel THIS way the REST OF MY LIFE*(SORRY FOR caps my comp is flippin the fuck out.)
i am not gonna live my life based on my philosophy because i wouldnt be able to really live a human
life. they are totally in opposite of each other. and i also believed in balance.

2 is greater then 1. one is so narrowminded and only knows one way. but if he knows 2 ways, its a lot greater.
and thats just a LOT greater then ignoring reality. because its there and its apart of us. when i
learned to utilize the 2 into 1....things were workin out for me so much more better.

so if you could take the time and if you want to change from living in sucha boring society...add
reality back into your world and u might experience that true happiness once more!

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2314295 - 02/08/04 12:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I feel that I know you fairly well. One thing I realized about you is that you are very picky. You put forth such high standards that it's almost impossible for someone to meet. You like it your way the majority of the time. This isn't a post trying to pick at you, by any means. I just thought that perhaps if you took a step back and looked at the situation from an outside view, you may see things differently.

I hope you find someone that will make you happy.

And remember;
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Global Living Space

OfflineOtto
observer

Loc: the middle of somewhere
Re: I'm destined to be a hermit [Re: sykobish]
    #2315185 - 02/08/04 06:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sykobish - I love the quote. Could think about that one for a while.

Daba - I'm in the same boat buddy. What you have to realize is that while it is nice to have a support group of friends or a girlfriend it's not neccisary for happiness. Not to sound too New Agey, but what is wrong with this moment right now? If society is boring find a hobby.. grow mushrooms, make your own yoghurt, learn how to cook a dank meal, master guitar.

Me - I'm about to graduate from college with a degree in chemistry, buy a few acres and then start a farm. A perfect job for a hermit :smile:

Otto

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I'm destined to be a hermit [Re: Otto]
    #2315666 - 02/08/04 08:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

syko-bish thanks for the advice. I like that quote too. I hope I find someone who will make me happy as well. Unfortunately, I refuse to take a step back because I like having all my needs satisfied, it is who I am. And the basis of my life's philosophy is to be true to myself.

Otto: I know, I suppose I could I live a life of solitude. I have many hobbies: I am quite the piano virtuoso (in fact I am starting to make my own shows to perform, along with some duets with my violin-playing friend :smile:), I used to grow mushrooms (but not in my current predicament), and attend [check my avatar]. But I know that I am a person with a lot of demands to be satisfied, and I know that I cannot satisfy all those demands alone.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2318732 - 02/09/04 05:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe that's the problem. You have to give a little in order to get some back. You can't expect all of your requirements to be met. As wonderful as that may be, it's practically impossible. You can't expect one person to do everything for you that you could possibly need. It's about giving and taking. Sharing. Sometimes we all have to sacrifice a little.

If you happen to record any demos, I would really love to hear it. I'm going to be moving to SC by the end of the year, or so I'm aiming for. Maybe if you are playing somewhere, I could come check you out live. I'd like that.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Global Living Space

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2320379 - 02/10/04 01:33 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you think you're destined to be a hermit, you're destined to be a hermit.

I think that's how "destiny" works a lot of the time :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I'm destined to be a hermit [Re: Strumpling]
    #2320416 - 02/10/04 01:54 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

True. It's called "self-fulfilling prophecy" if I recall correctly.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2320489 - 02/10/04 02:45 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

right.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds