Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBuddyGreenMan
Mushroom Explorer
Male

Do you believe in God?
    #22969362 - 03/03/16 12:47 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Rules:

1). Stick to the topic.

2). No hate.

Explain your belief as to why or why you do not believe in God.
Personal experience and other evidences is allowed...for alot of people this is very subjective.

Testimonies are allowed as well, I guess.

I believe in Jesus Christ, because he claimed to be the only way, and the truth.
So if someone makes a claim I like to do my research to verify whether or not it is true.
Upon researching further on Jesus Christ, I find that he actually did live on this earth, and this is confirmed even by secular historians and scholars.

Secular scholars and historians will even tell you that the Bible is extremely accurate when it comes to past events, therefore confirming the reliability of these books.
So it would be intellectually dishonest if I knew this and still discredit Christ.
Then I start reading the Bible and I find many interesting things.
If I except Christ I will start to see things through new eyes?
So the only way to confirm this is to believe that he was telling the truth, so I further investigate by reading and finding out that there is truth to Jesus' words.

I have had scary spiritual experiences since a young age but still didnt really believe I just assumed it was coincidence.

But after reading the Bible I find that it wasnt, now I believe in Jesus Christ because everytime I have a "demonic" attack, I can rebuke those things from my home in the name of Jesus Christ and then immediately feel peaceful and at ease, I cant explain it but it is a very strong spiritual experience when you have the Holy Spirit come over you, its pretty awesome though.

Now I am fully into this book and following its teachoings but I have some doubt on whether or not another religion is more true than this, but Jesus said nope there isnt, so I still disobey and go look into other religions, I play around with Budda teachings and islam checking them out but upon researching those I find many flaws, for example in the quran I find that it says you must read the Bible or burn for eternity....WHAT?
I also find many other things wrong with islam.

These other Religions are also missing Christ therefore showing that they are false, because Christ proved himself and said that "NO man makes it to the father but by me."

He said that we should have no other "gods" and Christ proved that he was credible, so it would be intellectually dishonest to say that he did in fact live, and he was an honest and enlightened man but then turn around and say that he performed no miracles? what?

So there is many more reasons of why I believe, alot of it is obvious, order and design,DNA, there is no infinite regress, and the universe is finite so it had a beginning, there is also evidence of a "great flood." Fulfilled prophecy is a BIG ONE!!! Etc. etc. etc.
I have been physically healed multiple times by God, and it was because I had faith that he would truly heal me, and I am talking about physical things such as kidney stones for example.
I have had my own prohecies that God showed to me specifically to save my life and people around me, also just warning dreams, and other things that he told me and THEN they come true, exactly how it was told to me, months before it ever happened, or days, or weeks.

My own spiritual experiences confirm the credibility of Christ even further. I am glad I know the truth.

--------------------
Any pictures used by me, were taken in places such as: Canada, Italy, Brazil, Bahrain and Japan.

:smile: Disclaimer: always seek a professional/Liscensed Identifier, If unsure at all, about the identity of any species of Mushroom.r

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: BuddyGreenMan] * 1
    #22969380 - 03/03/16 12:55 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

I do believe in God.

I don't believe everything that the bible says, however I make my own interpretations.

I think science/evolution and God go hand in hand.  I don't believe that you can only have one or the other, I don't believe the earth is only a few thousand years old.

if God created everything, then he created science.  And with science man is able to make new discoveries of the past.  So I do think evolution is absolutely real.

I try to keep an open mind to all the possibilities as much as I can.  I don't think any extreme is the right way.

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Offlinelooking4Spores
Mr. M Flap

Loc: Mobile
Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: Herbologist] * 1
    #22969427 - 03/03/16 01:11 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

1, No

2, Because its all made up by man.

:ohgodwhy:  :ohgodwhy:  :ohgodwhy:  :ohgodwhy:  :ohgodwhy: :ohgodwhy: :ohgodwhy:

--------------------
Too weird to live,
Too rare to die.
HST

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: looking4Spores] * 1
    #22969525 - 03/03/16 01:47 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Jesus sounds like a dick and I think he was trying to be one.  Because he wanted to hurt the establishment.

There is no way I can believe that God is man and man was made in 'his' image.  I'm certain man created God in man's own image.

But it is fun to think about religion when I am high on various good drugs.  I just can't be spiritual at all without entheogens.  Some trips I still can't, because it's just after all entertainment.

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: looking4Spores]
    #22969637 - 03/03/16 02:26 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

looking4Spores said:
1, No

2, Because its all made up by man.

:ohgodwhy:  :ohgodwhy:  :ohgodwhy:  :ohgodwhy:  :ohgodwhy: :ohgodwhy: :ohgodwhy:

Can you prove this?

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

InvisibleBuddyGreenMan
Mushroom Explorer
Male

Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: Herbologist]
    #22969742 - 03/03/16 03:07 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Herbologist said:
I do believe in God.

I don't believe everything that the bible says, however I make my own interpretations.

I think science/evolution and God go hand in hand.  I don't believe that you can only have one or the other, I don't believe the earth is only a few thousand years old.

if God created everything, then he created science.  And with science man is able to make new discoveries of the past.  So I do think evolution is absolutely real.

I try to keep an open mind to all the possibilities as much as I can.  I don't think any extreme is the right way.

Nice, I dont take evolution as fact I do believe that bilogical evolution is possible, philosophically, as a process.

I have heard the interpretation of the earth being like 6,000 years old but it never says that at all.
The "big bang" theory goes hand and hand with genesis.

Quote:

Yeah,  thats where reading in the spirit and not leaning on our own understanding , proverbs 3:5, to interpret it because the holy spirit will show us what is true.

--------------------
Any pictures used by me, were taken in places such as: Canada, Italy, Brazil, Bahrain and Japan.

:smile: Disclaimer: always seek a professional/Liscensed Identifier, If unsure at all, about the identity of any species of Mushroom.r

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: BuddyGreenMan] * 3
    #22969813 - 03/03/16 03:28 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

I believe in god, but I believe that it is arrogant in the extreme of humans to think that they can know what god is. It's taken me a long time to get over the bitter taste the word 'god' left in my mouth due to the hypocrisy of organised religion. Being raised as an atheist didn't help/ 

Now that I am agnostic, I believe that whatever it/he/she is, it is way, way bigger than our puny minds can comprehend.

So yes is the answer, but I don't know what it is, don't feel that I will know in this lifetime, and don't feel it is my place to know.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleBuddyGreenMan
Mushroom Explorer
Male

Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #22969843 - 03/03/16 03:36 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

is, it is way, way bigger than our puny minds can comprehend.

Agreed, but, God is a spirit, more of a male spirit.
Thats why you hear people refer to him as him.

I have a personal relationship with God so I know, and God loves us sooooo much that he wants to have intimate relationships with us.

It is your place to know. If you were created for a purpose, wouldnt you like to know?
IMO if Jesus claims what he claims and its true, it couldnt hurt to find out right?

Same goes for islam and others, except for the others dont claim to be the only truth.

Why not start with Jesus see whats up with him, if its true its true and if not, then at least you will know.

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: BuddyGreenMan]
    #22970036 - 03/03/16 04:20 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

BuddyGreenMan said:
Why not start with Jesus see whats up with him.

Cause people taking his teachings literally are vastly responsible for fucking this world up good and proper. Viewed as metaphor, his lessons seem wonderful. But all this Jesus is saviour/literal interpretation bullshit has caused more suffering than I can even begin to imagine.

Just cause people refer to god as 'him' doesn't mean shit IMO. People are so easily brainwashed it's beyond baffling, and I'm certainly not one to follow the herd.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #22970055 - 03/03/16 04:25 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Can anybody prove that God is not simply a myth?  Even those that believe say it takes faith/belief.  Because that is the conditioning.  I think the self can go much further than any religion says God goes.  I think we are self contained universes in our whole entirety.

InvisibleBuddyGreenMan
Mushroom Explorer
Male

Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #22970094 - 03/03/16 04:37 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Can anybody prove that God is not simply a myth?  Even those that believe say it takes faith/belief.  Because that is the conditioning.  I think the self can go much further than any religion says God goes.  I think we are self contained universes in our whole entirety.

Quote:

Can anybody prove that God is not simply a myth?

Nobody can empirically prove or disprove Gods existence....that being said, it comes down to an argument of evidence...what is the evidence and where does it lead, in order to figure it out we must look at everything as a whole.

So if you look at Jesus and test him out you find that he is truthful, no doubt about it, he was reliable and trustworthy... its only when miracles come into the picture that people start doubting because that is how these anti-christ world rulers have indoctrinated our minds to work, doubt, and if you look at the things that these people do to our minds it is seriously "Anti-Christ" because they know the truth but dont want you to know it...another reason why they ban Entheogens, because then you doubt them....God forbid.

--------------------

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: BuddyGreenMan] * 1
    #22970217 - 03/03/16 05:11 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Once you surrender (even momentarily, in one experince which you carry then onwards), God becomes the most obvious thing you've ever known.

You don't need or carry 'proof' since He embodies the very concept of 'proof'. He embodies the concept of 'knowing' and encapsulates everything you've come to know and everything that you are.

If you need to ask 'Prove to ME that God' exists, you've already nullified your ability to understand by placing yourself, (the 'ME') as the sole focus and priority, which is contrary to the way of the knowledge of understanding the whole and the fundamental problem.

The understanding comes when you surrender yourself (the one who demands proof).

When animalistic resistance is tamed, the veil is drawn.

That is our price for knosis.

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (03/03/16 05:17 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: Duncan Rowhl]
    #22970322 - 03/03/16 05:39 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Separation is an issue here

InvisibleBuddyGreenMan
Mushroom Explorer
Male

#22970426 - 03/03/16 06:09 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Duncan Rowhl said:
Once you surrender (even momentarily, in one experince which you carry then onwards), God becomes the most obvious thing you've ever known.

You don't need or carry 'proof' since He embodies the very concept of 'proof'. He embodies the concept of 'knowing' and encapsulates everything you've come to know and everything that you are.

If you need to ask 'Prove to ME that God' exists, you've already nullified your ability to understand by placing yourself, (the 'ME') as the sole focus and priority, which is contrary to the way of the knowledge of understanding the whole and the fundamental problem.

The understanding comes when you surrender yourself (the one who demands proof).

:whathesaid:
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. :thumbup:

Once you truly surrender is when you start to see the truth and see the world for how it really is and a whole lot more.

--------------------

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #22970972 - 03/03/16 08:11 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Can anybody prove that God is not simply a myth?  Even those that believe say it takes faith/belief.  Because that is the conditioning.  I think the self can go much further than any religion says God goes. I think we are self contained universes in our whole entirety.

Well, Christianity says that God goes on infinitely so I would like to hear your theory on how the self can go on much further than infinity.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
    #22970976 - 03/03/16 08:13 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Duncan Rowhl said:

Nice to see some wisdom on the shroomery.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #22971086 - 03/03/16 08:49 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

(1) You haven't read anything on the actual construction of the New Testament as is evident from your belief-statements. I recommend two books: Liberating the Gospels by Rev. John Shelby Spong (whom I've been fortunate to have spoken with on three occasions as well as having read half a dozen of his books). The other book documents thoroughly how the stories in the NT were lifted almost verbatim from Egyptian sources in the Coffin and Pyramid texts. That book, by D.M. Murdock is Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection

(2) The "I AM" statements in John's gospel supposedly issuing from the mouth of Iesous of Nazareth are intended to refer to the divine Identity within. (Personally I think the correct interpretation is that Iesous was speaking The Truth for every single human being, not himself as a unique specie of being). The author John, who wrote the famous Prologue (Pro-Logos) was using material written by someone who actually was a historical individual - the Hellenized Jewish philosopher Philo of Alexandria whose works on the Logos we still have. The Hellenistic Jewish convert whom we call 'John' used Greek mythological language to cast Iesous in the role of an incarnation of God. That was an all-too-common theme in Greek myth when God (Greek: Zeus, Latin: Deus) impregnated a mortal woman and produced a demigod (of which Iesous would meet the mythic criteria) of divine and human natures conjoined (much like satyrs and centaurs were hybrids of humans and animals). BTW, the original text of the prophet Isaiah says that a 'maiden' (Hebrew: almah) NOT a 'virgin' (Hebrew: betholah). The author called Matthew was quoting from the Septuigint - the Greek Tenach (OT), NOT the Hebrew original of Isaiah 7:14. In Greek, there was only ONE word for BOTH virgin and young woman (Greek: parthenos), so the English translations (among others) that read virgin, and all the traditions deriving, are based on a mistranslation of Hebrew into Greek.

(3) You have not found anything significant from Suetonius, Tacitus, or the most prolific ancient historian, the Jewish Roman Flavius Josephus. To state that you have found historically documented materials besides second person one-liners is a misrepresentation on YOUR part and just BS. There is a greater liklihood of the NT being written as a sequel in the literary sense in which a number of prophesies in the Tenach are all focused on the person of Iesous, in stories that derive from Egyptian material, and arranged to highlight the Jewish liturgical calendar. For example, the resurrected Lazarus is a great example. The Egyptian god of resurrection is usually known by his Greek name - Osiris. The Egyptian name is Azar (or Asar. Isis his wife is Auset). Every person who died was called an Osiris - L'azar. Lazarus is called forth after 4 days of death. "Lazarus come forth!" - John 11:43. The English translation of The Egyptian Book of the Dead is actually, The Book of Coming Forth By Day. The Lazarus story is an adaptation of the original Egyptian materials.

I could deconstruct and demythologize the New testament all day, but I will surprise you by saying the following: Whether Iesous is an actual, howsoever mythologized historical person, or a collage of several Hebrew wisdom teachers, I still consider the teachings and morality of the biblical Iesous to be my own guide for human development. But your reasons for why you have selected to put your faith in The Way are based on very tenuous, virtually non-existent historical evidence no matter how much you want the opposite to be true. Don't be discouraged Saul/Paul of Tarsus never emphasized the historical Iesous. His emphasis was on the 'resurrected Christ' - a datum of his own visionary experiences which have been amply discussed throughout history (see The Mysticism of Paul the Apostle by dr. Albert Schweitzer if interested).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleLeviticus969
Male User Gallery

#22971090 - 03/03/16 08:50 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

I can go into extreme detail but just watch this video

Invisibleimpatientguy
Ganjalf a very mighty lab wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: Leviticus969]
    #22971102 - 03/03/16 08:55 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

I don't belive in god in the traditional sense but I believe in the goodness in people acting as a sort of god.

Pay it forward and keep your bodies healthy!

--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portland
Re: Do you believe in God? [Re: impatientguy]
    #22971265 - 03/03/16 10:11 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

To the OP: I do not believe in *your* God as the Lord of the Infinite Universe and Multiverse, absolutely and certainly not on every emotional and logical level of my body, mind and spirit. (Jehovah and Jesus, who may or may not have been the same entity, may or may not have existed.)

Your experience is your own. I accept that. People who believe in God are allowed their own virtual simulation/experience that includes *any* God of their choice. Yours manifests the way you've chosen to believe it and all the time you've spent practicing that belief has reinforced your ability to manifest it.

But to *know* that I would have the same experience as you is absolute hogwash. That's projecting, and believers have a sad, unemphatic tendency to say, "Because I had this experience/because this feels good to me, it will obviously be that way for everyone!"

Not so. Absolutely not so. It doesn't make me feel good... and I would absolutely be apart of a plan to *kill* Jehovah if he was an actual living deity among the infinite number of them that mathematically must exist.

-V

ETA: I've studied the Bible intensively and was a Christian for 22 years. I'm not an atheist now. Not by a longshot, but Christianity doesn't have the monopoly on Universal truth and *nobody* will ascend to the next level(s) of understanding until they can ask themselves, "What if that ISN'T all there is to it?"

A prerequisite for learning new things is to first know that you do not truly know.

Edited by Vahn421 (03/03/16 10:18 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder