Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprimelines
Agarth Brooks
 User Gallery

Ultrasonic monotub and some questions (thread turned to bunch of noob questions and great advice)
    #22946682 - 02/25/16 09:28 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Complete noob here  but very confident and optimistic. Wondering what people  think about this 62 liter monotub setup with cheap ultrasonic humidifier.? The hose goes straight from the humidifier into  near the top of the tub. No drip sheild . The teks I'm following strongly recommend one but there's no condensation at all  while playing with the setup. Does this all sound Ok?

So tested it out but haven't drilled FAE  holes in the tub yet but will do. The room temp was only 61 F, wanted to see how much condensation would accumulate. The RH was  only 50% to begin. In 24 minutes the humidifier got the RH to 90%. Then turned off the humidifier and after ten mins the RH climbed to  100%. Came back an  hour later and was still 100%. Gave it a quick fan it went down to 90% and quickly rose back to  100. Gave it an even better fan and it stayed at 88%.  Any tips? I'm home all the time so not  worried about timers.

Living where is so dry is perlite a good idea? Should I elevate the casings and put a layer of perlite under or just put the casings on the tub bottom with perlite around and In  between?
Gonna start with 12 jars. How many casings will fit in the tub? Might throw one cake in alone just for fun......
Thanks!!!!!!

--------------------

Edited by primelines (03/17/16 12:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ultrasonic monotub and some questions [Re: primelines] * 2
    #22946717 - 02/25/16 09:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I think a tub with no humidifier attached to it is way more successful and way more automated than trying to re-invent the monotub better than the people that have came and proven before yourself

air is way more important than humidity
but most noobs aim for 90+ percent humidity since it's what they read

basically open air grows. lid off most of the day. keep the tubs simple give mushrooms what they want, get rewarded

Offlinejakub421
Stranger
Re: Ultrasonic monotub and some questions [Re: primelines]
    #22946742 - 02/25/16 09:54 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I think you're a bit confused and you're combining a monotub setup with a shotgun FC.

A correctly designed SGFC should not need a humidifier to function correctly. If I read correctly, you're working with cakes?

What do you mean by casings?

If you are working with cakes, you layer a 4-6 inch layer of perlite and place the cakes on top of that, and with SGFC, there is absolutely no need for a humidifier.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ultrasonic monotub and some questions [Re: jakub421]
    #22946753 - 02/25/16 09:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

that's what happens when you get your information from bad sources because you didn't confirm the sources were worthwhile.

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ultrasonic monotub and some questions [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #22946764 - 02/25/16 10:03 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Let's post some more no-chamber grows to drive the point in!

Mine aren't as good as bod's but still better than anything I've ever seen come out of a box with a humidifier and tubes and shit in it.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ultrasonic monotub and some questions [Re: Inocuole]
    #22946781 - 02/25/16 10:11 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

my fruited on a book shelf cake that was never birthed from the jar did better than most cakes in a improperly built SGFC

used a ziploc bag as a humidity tent during the day when I was at work or sleeping

this is what happens if you put bulk cakes in a properly built SGFC

and these are bottles fruited without a fruiting chamber

Offlineprimelines
Agarth Brooks
 User Gallery

Re: Ultrasonic monotub and some questions [Re: bodhisatta]
    #22946810 - 02/25/16 10:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you guys so much for the replies. I started following the Pf tek and a revised version of it and realized they are out dated after I found this awesome forum and made my own adaptions.

My ultimate goal is to go bulk but just wanna start with 1 syringe for ten jars and then case and put them in a monotub I thought this would be a good way to learn.

I love advice and criticism but now I am a bit confused.  All I've read in the forums is put casings in tub and keep humidity very high (be it humidifier, bubbler, hand spraying) and regularly fan.
Your saying this isn't that case, so what do I do during the fruiting stage?  I know I'm obviously over complicating the simplest step so your info is greatly
appreciated.
The monotub seems to be the best way to go in my research for going bulk but I'm just stressing about setting up a proper fruiting chamber.
Thanks

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #22946820 - 02/25/16 10:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

A "casing" is just a top layer on top of a substrate to keep in humidity.  You're either talking about bulk trays, or some other kind of tub grow.

Either do a monotub and use grain. or a SGFC with PF cakes.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19140341#19140341
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20356759#20356759
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19792837

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola

Offlineprimelines
Agarth Brooks
 User Gallery

#22946843 - 02/25/16 10:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Ok! Ideally I want to learn to be able to have like the pics Bo posted. If I do bulk trays put in a tub what attention do they need from the time they start to pin? Your jars are so impressive scalp that shelves full of big jars like yours sounds tempting!

--------------------

OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery

#22946885 - 02/25/16 10:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Humidity of the chamber isn't important, as you can see from those open air grows. Humidity on the surface of the substrate is what counts and you cannot measure it with hygrometers. Moisture evaporating off the surface creates it and is a major pinning trigger. You want fine beads of moisture on the surface to have the best conditions. If they evaporate mist to replace them, fruiting chambers are for our benefit more than for the mushrooms  so we don't have to mist so much.

You can "dial in" a monotub by adjusting the poly fill in the holes and not even have to mist before first flush, the moisture from your bulk sub evaporating will be sufficient if you mixed it to proper field capacity to begin with, but even with monos I prefer to allow for more fresh air and mist occasionally if needed, FAE over humidity any day.

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
-Robert A. Heinlein 

:takingnotes: Links and teks:takingnotes:
ND's grow log and discussion
Plant thread

Offlineprimelines
Agarth Brooks
 User Gallery

#22946896 - 02/25/16 10:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry just noticed the very helpful links.  I feel like the countless hours of research I did the last 4 months was mostly pointless.  why do so many people go with automated monotubs with high humidity then? I guess I'll  redesign my entire approach.  maybe it was meant to be the Syringes were back ordered.

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #22946902 - 02/25/16 10:56 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I've never seen very many people at all go with automated monotubs.  In fact I've only seen one automated monotub that worked, ever, and it was done by elasticaltiger.  I wouldn't recommend any kind of automated setup outside of a properly dialed in greenhouse setup.  Everything else works best passive and simple.  And yeah, where reading is concerned, quality over quantity. :thumbup:

--------------------

Coir-ca-cola

OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery

#22946922 - 02/25/16 11:08 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

From the sound of it you were reading some old info, when you use the search function if you use the Advanced search you can choose the option to limit the search to info in the past few years, trusted cultivators, ect.  Any info calling bulk subs casings is probably 10 or more years old, a lot has changed since then look at the date of the posts, check out some recent posts and see what ppl are doing as well.

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
-Robert A. Heinlein 

Plant thread

Offlineprimelines
Agarth Brooks
 User Gallery

#22946934 - 02/25/16 11:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well I can't thank you enough guys. I was feeling so down as I was so damn excited to start this endeavor and felt a bit defeated until I checked into all the information you guys provided me. Well ill probably bug you for info next week after I do lots more research of thats Ok?

Any tips or direction for some jars with out a fruiting chamber? Doing half pints with alacabenzi. What did you yield dry from one of those jars?

I just wanna bulk up but all the bulk recipes seem so overwhelming I just wanted to start with verm/brf substrate. I guess I just not be so timid and read up then dive into it.

--------------------

OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery

#22946992 - 02/25/16 11:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Check out Let's grow mushrooms! On YouTube the brf cake series or the same videos on www.mushroomvideos.com ; to fruit the cakes construct a SGFC https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20195542#20195542 ;
Some good info in my (and others) signature as well.

You can also shred cakes with a cheese grater and spawn them to bulk in a monotub. As an example around 10 half pint cakes spawned to a 1/2 of a 650 gram brick of coir 1 quart verm in a 27 quart tub or so.  You have plenty of time to read before your cakes are ready soak up as much info as you can:super:

--------------------

-Robert A. Heinlein 

Plant thread

OfflineMycologist217
Frank's Disciple
Male User Gallery

Loc: Man of the Moon
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ultrasonic monotub and some questions [Re: NDStepp84]
    #22947005 - 02/25/16 11:44 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

:nothingtoadd:

--------------------
My LC Manual (With custom LC lid Tek) ~~ Required Mycology Supplies ~~ Agar Work Videos ~~ L G M
AMU Q&A-NO SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL! KEEP THAT IN MIND! BUY THE TICKET: TAKE THE RIDE

Check out my Retail Gourmet Mushroom Farm!

Mycologist217 is a fictitious entity that uses images supplied by Google to mask his/her inability to develop normal social habits.

Offlineprimelines
Agarth Brooks
 User Gallery

Re: Ultrasonic monotub and some questions [Re: Mycologist217]
    #22947026 - 02/25/16 11:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Dudiest I just came back to ask about bulk monotub with CVG you read my mind.  I want to stay away from sgfc I think because I wanna go bulk.  Can I shred Brf/verm cakes into CVG?

--------------------

Offlineprimelines
Agarth Brooks
 User Gallery

#22947029 - 02/25/16 11:56 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

You mix just coir and verm? No gypsum?
Also my tub is 66 qt is it to big to spawn 10 half pint brf cakes to 650g coir brick and 1 quart verm? Sorry to keep bugging I know I need to keep reading im just so fascinated.

Edited by primelines (02/26/16 12:04 AM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #22947568 - 02/26/16 07:06 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

3rd link in my signature, click around. you'll find everything you need

I pre-did all the research. finding the good teks

OfflineFreeWorldOrder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana, USA Flag
    #22948607 - 02/26/16 01:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

primelines said:
You mix just coir and verm? No gypsum?
Also my tub is 66 qt is it to big to spawn 10 half pint brf cakes to 650g coir brick and 1 quart verm? Sorry to keep bugging I know I need to keep reading im just so fascinated.

Coir and verm will perform fine without gypsum.

Gypsum does help to stabilize substrate, prevent grains from sticking etc.

While it can help keep ph stable, it is not 100% necessary when working with plain coir & verm....  :thumbup:

--------------------
"They who can give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lets Grow Mushrooms Videos
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar TEK
Agar's Liquid Inoculant TEK

Edited by FreeWorldOrder (02/26/16 01:39 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom