Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemusicisgood
student ofexperience

how i regulate the temperature
    #2292277 - 02/01/04 06:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hey, ive noticed alot of people asking how to regulate the growing temperature. i personally am a newbie, but i got a 12 dollar iguana heat rock from a local pet store. i then put it in a small cooler with my grow bag from an online vendor. its worked so far, about 1/2 colonized. it was a b+ strain. i also would like to know if handling the grow bag will slow the colonization of the grow bag. thanks, and i hope this system works for others also! (the heat rock gets quite warm, so dont make direct contact with the jar against it.)
how i regulate my temp.
You may choose 2

Votes accepted from (02/01/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
im really just curious... i promise as soon as all the secrets of the universe are whispered in my ear by a jewish midget, riding a blue elephant, that i will discontinue my use of drugs. but not a second before the midget.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: how i regulate the temperature [Re: musicisgood]
    #2292323 - 02/01/04 06:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ahh...right.

Avoid excess handling because it doesn't help things, I will not slow colonization unless you start breaking it up and it has to repair itself.

I think you are asking on how to keep the temperature from going so hot? Ah maybe put the heater on a timer, use a thermometer to study how long to leave it on. Generally most use submersable aquarium heaters which have thermostats to control the temperature (no work from grower required to keep temp perfect).

This is one of the weirdest posts I have seen.

Offlinemusicisgood
student ofexperience

Re: how i regulate the temperature [Re: utopianglory]
    #2292349 - 02/01/04 06:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ya, i guess it is pretty wierd. i mean in general, the rock gets too hot to let the jar or bag sit directly on it. bear in mind, im a wicked newbie! haha, thanks for the help

--------------------
im really just curious... i promise as soon as all the secrets of the universe are whispered in my ear by a jewish midget, riding a blue elephant, that i will discontinue my use of drugs. but not a second before the midget.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #2292410 - 02/01/04 07:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

what about one of those heat mats with thermostat they sell for growing plants... i think hydrofarm makes it... theres also one out from Jiffy this year, I don't know if it has a temp regulator though...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Offlinebeanchild
bean
Re: how i regulate the temperature [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #2293913 - 02/02/04 10:36 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i just implemented one of those hydrofarm mats and it doesnt have a regulator, blows, i'll let ya know how things turn out!

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
    #2293948 - 02/02/04 10:45 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Listen to utopianglory. Maybe you should buy a cheap aquarium heater. It would be easier to regulate incubation temps and wouldn't affect rH during fruiting. Search for "pitcher tek". Btw, I'm all confused on who to vote for.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale