Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Vajaryana buddhism and a mushroom trip.
    #2291060 - 02/01/04 02:13 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

On a trip I had after eating an eigth of cubensis on clam beach in california i went out pretty damn far and to make an enormously long story short, after god (god being the name i give to the ultimate tangible culmination of all, in this instance) showed me how to dance and move with the wind and create any scene i can imagine around me, I was stripped of my body and all ties to this physical realm, dimention, world whatever you want to call it, and i saw myself as pure energy, some sort of spirit in and of itself, individual but not at all independent or seperate from anything, simply individual, and i or what i precieved i to be at the moment, was continuousley being called and refered to as vajaryana, this was my name. I could not remember hearing this word ever before, but later encountered it as i was reading about buddhism. I understand it is possible and likely that i had seen this word before and it emerged from my subconscious on a trip, but i really still don't know what it means, and why it became my name. Any knowledge on Vajaryana buddhism would help, and i'm also interested to hear what people think of this trip.

Another interesting point to this, is that after i was reminded of my true name, anytime i would mention it, verbally or internally, EVERYTHING would explode with this one color that seemed to be infinite colors at once, the most beautifull stunning thing i have ever seen, and it happend the same way every time i would say the name, and the color ran through me, or with me as well as everything else.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Vajaryana buddhism and a mushroom trip. [Re: thestringphish]
    #2291476 - 02/01/04 10:08 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That is extremely amazing.  :eek:

Vajrayana literally means "powerful vehicle."  There is a small branch of Mahayana Buddhists who call themselves Vajrayana Buddhists, but this is a secondary placement of the word.  The highest yoga tantric stage of the Mahayana path for Tibetan Buddhists is called "The Essence Practice of Good Fortune, the Supreme Vehicle, Vajrayana."  This is the end stage of the Tibetan Buddhist path.  This is what comes after liberation from samsara, after the common and supreme attainments, after the perfection of training in Bodhichitta.  Vajrayana, in Tibetan Buddhism, is the practice one engages in to attain full enlightenment, to become a Buddha.

The most astonishing part of your trip is that it essentially describes end-stage tantric practice.  When an individual has entered meditative equipoise on the path of Vajrayana, the objective of the practice is to dissolve the physical body, the physical world, and adopt for one's self a "light body", radiating "five coloured lights" in all directions.  After this has been achieved, a deity is called upon by the imagination.  We might project infront of us an image of Buddha Shakayamuni, Avalokiteshvara, Arya Tara, Vajrayogini, Heruka, any Buddha to whom we have close karma.  Once this projection has become clear, we dissolve that image into ourselves and, if our practice has been effective, purify all remaining obstructions and attain supreme Buddhahood.  This is an end-stage practice that may demand many years of practice on the part of a high Bodhisattva.

The experience of "individual but not at all independent or seperate from anything" is also indicative of the direct realization of emptiness, of the inseperability and dependent relationship of all phenomena.  This is another attribute of a high Bodhisattava.  Before we can enter the path of Vajrayana, we must have a perfect realization of emptiness.

Based on the parallels between this and your experience, I would say that you stumbled across a karmic imprint of a past life during which you were an extremely advanced practitioner.  Psychedelic drugs interrupt our ordinary mundane experience, which can serve as the condition for these imprints to ripen.  I believe this is the true reason why many people who've used psychedelics end up involved with Eastern mysticism.  They have awakened some imprints in their mental continuum that reunites them with their own prior practice.

I would strongly implore you to begin exploring Buddhism, particularly Tibetan Buddhism.  If these imprints have awakened for you without any encouragement apart from intoxication, and have been this powerful and specific, I would speculate that these imprints are very strong, and very recent for you.  This says a lot for your potential as a practitioner.  I would speculate further that you've arranged this specific human life for yourself in the past, and that you have not taken a lower rebirth in a very long time.  Regardless of my speculations, you are very fortunate. 

Many Blessings.  Let us know what you decide to do.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2291852 - 02/01/04 01:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I would define the Vajrayana according to the Kargyutpa (Kagyu) school as the 'Diamond Vehical.' The Vajra, called 'Dorje' in Tibetan is the Lightning-Bolt scepter held originally by the Hindu god Indra, so the Dorje or Vajra is sometimes referred to as the Thunder-Bolt, or Lightning-Bolt, or translated simply as Power.

You might be interested in a preface to Leary et als. book 'The Psychedelic Experience' by Lama Anagarika Govinda, a German-born Lama of the Kargyutpa lineage. (I based my Doctoral dissertation on his book 'Foundations of Tibetan Mysticism'). Even after attaining the advanced degree of Lama, Lama Govinda once wrote that he didn't 'really' experience the 'Diamond Body' - the adamantine, eternal, Clear Light Consciousness until he took a psychedelic (in his case, LSD).

Like a perfectly clear diamond that prismatically separates all the colors of white light into bands of the visible spectrum, the Diamond Body can be shown to split into five essential (Quintessential) types of Wisdom that are symbolized by the spokes of a Vajra. Each spoke - arising out of a singularity [center of Vajra symbol] divides into the Five Buddha Wisdoms [Five Dhyana or Meditating forms, each with different hand gestures], and then melds back into a singularity as symbolized by the tips of the Vajra symbol. Unmanifest-Manifest-Unmanifest. If interested, I would refer you to the writings of the late Lama Govinda for explanation. I warn you that it can take years to grasp his Foundations book, or to get Abidharma psychology which understands psychedelic states of consciousness, called Buddha-Wisdoms or Buddha-Energies in the traditional writings. Bodhi Svaha!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Vajaryana buddhism and a mushroom trip. [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2292496 - 02/01/04 07:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds like a very powerful experience. Good for you! If you are interested in Tibetan Buddhism, I would suggest reading "Awakening the Buddha within" by Lama Surya Das. He is an American who has studied for decades with some great Tibetan Buddhist teachers. I think what really sets his teachings apart from others that I have read, is that he comes from a Western background, which makes his teachings a little more accessable to me than say a translation of an old text. He brings life to the teachings for me. I don't mean to say that there aren't other great authors on this subject, I just mean that his teachings have helped me alot. I would also strongly recommend "The art of happiness" by HH the Dalai Lama.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Vajaryana buddhism and a mushroom trip. [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2292867 - 02/01/04 11:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

also the psycadelic experince was written in the image of the tibetan book of the dead.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
    #2296327 - 02/03/04 03:01 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thank you for the feedback. I was actually reading an alan watts lecture about a month after this trip when i stumbled upon the word Vajrayana and that was the only instance (at that point in time) where I conciously ever rremember encountering the word besides on my trip. It did seem like a little more than coincidence because at the time of the trip the word seemed like jiberish to me. but this has been nagging at my head ever since and i've been getting more and more interested in eastern mysticism, buddhism in particular, but not exclusivley. I'd been studying Taoism a little before this happend and have recently been studying hindu mythology due to another trip i had, which is a completley diferent story, but it was nowhere near as powerful or profound, just interesting. i'm not sure i'm going to become a buddhist over it or anything, but the thought has crossd my mind to really dive into it and see what happens. for now i'm going to Kuai with 12 others to do some energy work, which is kinda an idea that came from the same trip as the hindu thing. thank you.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom