Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDan_k
Stranger
to roll or not to roll
    #2290773 - 01/31/04 10:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i just wanted to see how people feel about rolling with dunking as opposed to just dunking. my friend is using a pmp at 75F and 92%rh. for the first flush he just put them in straight but is wondering what advantages rolling has with dunking. possibly yield? off the first flush with no rolling and dunking each cake yielded about 30 wet grams of eq.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: to roll or not to roll [Re: Dan_k]
    #2290823 - 01/31/04 10:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

dunking is (almost) definately effective. Rolling I'm not sure, some people swear by it, some swear by double end casing. IMO casing is the easiest, most effective way to get much larger yeilds.

SM

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2290826 - 01/31/04 10:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The roll allows for more pinning on the sides of the cake. You can also roll in coir if you like works fine.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDan_k
Stranger
Re: to roll or not to roll [Re: Magash]
    #2290845 - 01/31/04 11:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

he messed around with casings but always gets trich after the second flush and way too many pins. he didn't like having the mushies all drop their spores. they didn't look as pretty as on cakes. would having the casing in the pmp at 92% be a factor in the trich? and does the amount of pins vary on the coverage of mycelium on the surface? sorry if this is getting off topic but those were always the reasons for straying from casings.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2290850 - 01/31/04 11:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You know I always hear how if I keep a casing in high rh it?s gonna fuck up. Well I leave my rh in the high 90s all the time and it seems to work.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2290858 - 01/31/04 11:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

casing at high 90 plus always works great for me! 100s of pins, very few abort. I think the trich content of your house, hands, and clothing, are more important contam vectors than the rh of your casing. IMO most people get many aborts by keeping their casing too dry.

SM

--------------------

OfflineDan_k
Stranger
Re: to roll or not to roll [Re: simplemachine]
    #2290901 - 01/31/04 11:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

the problem wasn't aborts as much as just skinny tall mushrooms. it was an impressive flush that was wall to wall caps but then they dropped spores and by the time they dried out just weren't as pretty looking as a flush with not as many pins. the pmp was on the carpet before and had a cat constantly nosing around so that may have been a source of contams. it has since been moved to a counter with a flow hood over it. is my friend just being too picky with his shrooms and just be happy with wall to wall flushes?it just appeared to me that since they were very skinny and tall with little caps they lost more than average weight as 650 wet grams dried to less than 44g.

OfflineKichy
Ganja Connoiseur
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2291006 - 02/01/04 01:34 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Goddamn Magash, you sure have a impresive resource of pics!!! Keep up the good work friend!!

--------------------
YEAH, Canada ROCKS!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract