Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
On the road again---destination Colorado./New Mexico.
    #22906557 - 02/15/16 08:01 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

So I'm looking for a new job and ready to kiss California goodbye.  I'm targeting the rocky mountain states because, frankly, it is too fucking expensive to live in California.  It is too crowded also.  As an engineer, i will command the same salary in other states, but with lower taxes, gas, housing, etc, the cost of living difference is like getting a 40% raise.

First stop is back home in New Mexico, then after that Im heading up to Colorado Springs to visit a friend while I check out some opportunities in Colorado, and also to play some music with him, he is an awesome keyboard player and musician in general.  I won't be getting stoned there, they still have piss tests for jobs. :sad:

In the meantime i get to suck on the government teat (UI) and some money I have.  Everyone here that knows me knows I go through this every three years or so, the last time--3.5 years ago--landed me here in SD and got me cured of life-long HCV, so I'm looking forward to a new future. I'll see what it brings.... :rockon:

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: On the road again---destination Colorado./New Mexico. [Re: starfire_xes]
    #22906645 - 02/15/16 09:13 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like a fun trip. Have fun and good luck!

What is HCV?

And yeah, fuck California...

--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com

InvisibleLoyola10
Stranger

#22906764 - 02/15/16 10:07 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
So I'm looking for a new job and ready to kiss California goodbye.  I'm targeting the rocky mountain states because, frankly, it is too fucking expensive to live in California.  It is too crowded also.  As an engineer, i will command the same salary in other states, but with lower taxes, gas, housing, etc, the cost of living difference is like getting a 40% raise.

First stop is back home in New Mexico, then after that Im heading up to Colorado Springs to visit a friend while I check out some opportunities in Colorado, and also to play some music with him, he is an awesome keyboard player and musician in general.  I won't be getting stoned there, they still have piss tests for jobs. :sad:

In the meantime i get to suck on the government teat (UI) and some money I have.  Everyone here that knows me knows I go through this every three years or so, the last time--3.5 years ago--landed me here in SD and got me cured of life-long HCV, so I'm looking forward to a new future. I'll see what it brings.... :rockon:

Colorado is awesome although it to is going down the California path of overpopulation and a rising cost of living. If you can buy property however rest assured it will defiantly increase. CO springs engineering jobs are mostly related to defense namely missile defense. Denver is a bit more diversified when it comes to tech but its also much more expensive than the springs. If you can land a six figure job in the springs you'll live like a king.

InvisibleGottaloveacid
Weedbass
Male

Loc: Colorado, USA
Re: On the road again---destination Colorado./New Mexico. [Re: Loyola10]
    #22906782 - 02/15/16 10:13 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

It really depends on where you live in Colorado "shrug"

If you live near tourist hotspots (denver, colorado springs, breckenridge) hotspots, yeah sure there is a pretty decent increase in cost of living) but I for example live about 50 miles west of denver and my cost of living is going down all the time. Only thing I see going up is food

Enjoy your stay though. Colorado is a very beautiful state

--------------------

:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: On the road again---destination Colorado./New Mexico. [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #22907460 - 02/15/16 01:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I grew up in New Mexico, it is similar in a lot of ways to Colorado.  Albuquerque is good too, but you have to stay out of certain areas cause crime is really bad.  My brother owns a farm over in Byers, east of Denver, also, as much as I like the weather here in San Diego, it isn't worth an extra 35% of my salary to live here--the so called 'Sunshine Tax'

I'm just not thrilled with $1900 a month one bedroom apartments, 3 or 4 dollar a gaLLON GAS, getting taxed out the ass, and all the assorted taxes and Fees on everything.  Fuck, they even charge sales tax on the federal gas tax. :grin:

--------------------
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #22907938 - 02/15/16 03:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Just go to tucson and rent some cheap room in a college house,u should be able to get a job at the u of a

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

InvisibleLoyola10
Stranger

Re: On the road again---destination Colorado./New Mexico. [Re: 5150]
    #22907945 - 02/15/16 03:28 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

5150 said:
Just go to tucson and rent some cheap room in a college house,u should be able to get a job at the u of a

Why would someone who makes six figures rent a cheap room in a college house?

Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
    #22907961 - 02/15/16 03:32 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hey starfire, I don't know if you've heard, but there is a good chance that cannabis legalization will be on the ballot this November in New Mexico.

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #22908019 - 02/15/16 03:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Its called being prudent and stackin chips,college kids have access to ditzy cute girls who older guys can exploit for sex while under the guise of being a friend,love me some young college cuties

--------------------

Miyamoto Musashi

InvisibleLoyola10
Stranger

Re: On the road again---destination Colorado./New Mexico. [Re: 5150]
    #22908045 - 02/15/16 03:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

5150 said:
Its called being prudent and stackin chips,college kids have access to ditzy cute girls who older guys can exploit for sex while under the guise of being a friend,love me some young college cuties

There's a difference between being frugal and being foolish. Why would anyone with a income like that want to live with essentially children. You can still save money and not live with children.

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #22908078 - 02/15/16 04:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Actually I didn't even notice he said he made 100k,some college kids can be somewhat mature,probably not many at the u of a,it is a party school,so many sweet bitches running around

--------------------

Miyamoto Musashi

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Re: On the road again---destination Colorado./New Mexico. [Re: 4HO-DMT]
    #22909094 - 02/15/16 07:30 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

5150 said:
Actually I didn't even notice he said he made 100k,some college kids can be somewhat mature,probably not many at the u of a,it is a party school,so many sweet bitches running around

I never said in this thread I make more than a 100K, but I am a principal engineeer with a lot of experience.

As far as college I was in grad school before I came here.  And yea, the young bitches, drugs, and partying made it Animal House 24-7.  Lucky I got out and came here before my liver died.

Quote:

4HO-DMT said:
Hey starfire, I don't know if you've heard, but there is a good chance that cannabis legalization will be on the ballot this November in New Mexico.

If I am still there....I still have a NM license.  Glad I didn't change it to a Cali license.  Anyhow, this is the same way prohibition ended, individual states giving the finger to the gov.

--------------------

OfflineAGUARES
 User Gallery

#22909892 - 02/15/16 10:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yes stay awhile in NM, Price of living is pretty low here in Albuquerque. Plus it's almost time to harvest those pizza toppings in the Sandias! :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: On the road again---destination Colorado./New Mexico. [Re: AGUARES]
    #22910000 - 02/15/16 10:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

good luck on your journeys XES - but with your background Im sure wherever the road takes you youll land squarely on your feet.

Personally I would never leave California - even living near poverty levels, it is too close to family, friends, cool locations, and the weather is too fantastic :smile:. But I do applaud anyone who looks for fresher soil than they feel they are currently standing on.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals