Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFlare
journeyman
going to try salvia for my 1st time any tips ?
    #2284994 - 01/29/04 06:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

oki ive done shrooms a few times..... all ave been good / bad.. 50/50 on the trips... take the good with the bad.. so anyway im thinking of trying salvia... i hope i can have a good trip on it... i was wondering how spiritual does savlia get? major head fuck involved ? how much can u learn about yourself from a salvia trip im all new. and what would happen if i really got scared and freaked out by it how do i cope and handle myself ? most help is appr3ciated thx ;-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: going to try salvia for my 1st time any tips ? [Re: Flare]
    #2285192 - 01/29/04 07:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I personally think you'll only get a worthwhile experience out of salvia if you're already tripping on something else. It makes peaks instantly more intense, but I'd recommend doing it sober or stoned first. The best part is if it goes bad, you're coming down in 10-15 minutes anyway. The trip lies on what's inside your head, a certain drug doesn't make a trip more spiritual or not. Keep the lighter on it all times, best way to smoke it is out of a gravity bong, and count to 30 when you're holding it. By 20 you'll be gone. Don't get straight leaf either, go for the extract. 5x was enough to get me off the first time, but the reverse tolerance doesn't work for me. I need really intense extract to get off in the least now, even if I'm tripping already.

Offlinecrobar33
bosco
    #2285205 - 01/29/04 07:56 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

what would happen if i really got scared and freaked out by it how do i cope and handle myself ?
Go there and find out, empower yourself with what you have learned.

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #2285263 - 01/29/04 08:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

approach with Love and go with the Flow...watch all boundaries disapear, notice that you can now see thru your eyelids, ain't it great?  oh yeah, make sure you are wearing a certified, inspected life jacket at all times. :alert:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2285321 - 01/29/04 08:35 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Flare said:
major head fuck involved ?

ohhhhhhhhhhh yes

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2285386 - 01/29/04 09:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

two words come to mind, paranoid amnesia. the best thing you can do if you start freaking out is to sit down, and force yourself not to get up. it'll pass soon. i'll spare you my dislike for salvia, soo have a fun trip :bong: :lol: :oogle: :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: going to try salvia for my 1st time any tips ? [Re: Infrared]
    #2287214 - 01/30/04 01:25 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

No you shouldn't sit down. You should already be seated when smoking IMO. You really can't coordinate yourself once the room has shifted in every direction, Salvia gravity is pulling and everything warps into new dimensions.
My advise is sit, relax, smoke, lie down, experience..

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2288665 - 01/31/04 12:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Damn now i wanna do it! I think i will soon, maybe in the summber for sure!!
I, like Flare, have only tripped off shrooms, but have never had a bad trip, but I know what a bad trip can be like since I've had scary and overwhelming moments, it was like a bad trip within an overall learning experience.

Invisiblejamm71
poodle faker

Loc: Newfoundland
    #2290339 - 01/31/04 06:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Salvia is the most terrifying of them all, as far as I'm concerned. For me, it is more intense than 20g of dry mushrooms or 8 hits of LSD or even DMT.

You have no way of knowing how your body and mind will react to it. Some folks need to smoke bowl after bowl of fortified extract. I only need two lungfuls of plain leaf and I leave this dimension. DO NOT START WITH EXTRACT!!!

try a small amount of plain leaf to start and work your way up to breakthrough from there. Be lying down in a dark room. Lock your door (its not uncommon to get up and rush off somewhere and not realize it). Its a good idea to have a sober person somewhere nearby to make sure you don't freak out.

It's quite shocking to have your identity and all your pre-conceived notions about reality shredded into fragments by a laughing goddess.

"silly monkey..."

be safe
j

PS...read this
http://www.sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html

Offlinewert
unicellular

Loc: ohio US
Re: going to try salvia for my 1st time any tips ? [Re: jamm71]
    #2295410 - 02/02/04 08:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thats true i had to smoke 4 bowls of 5x out of a water pipe to get effects. I thought i got ripped until i stood up. Then everything changed

--------------------
Choice:? The capabilities of the human mind should not be limited.? So long as people do not directly harm others, governments should not criminally prohibit cognitive enhancement or the experience of any mental state.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2296256 - 02/03/04 02:08 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"hang onto your hat and glasses, because this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness"

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2296264 - 02/03/04 02:17 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm glad I tried it.  Its taken me over a year to get up the courage to do it again, but at this point I would do it again if someone offered it up. 

Imagine the environment around you as a bunch of numbered planes stacked on top of eachother (like living within the pages of a book).  Now imagine the "book" opening, with the first and last pages spinning all the way around and meeting on the other side.  You and everything else in the universe is naturally cleaved up and becomes part of that wheel as well.  NOw imagine this wheel starting to spin, and then you zoom out, and realize you were on one dot of a huge fractal of wheels, spinning every which way in 75 different dimensions.  equations, numbers, calculations bubbling and exploding everywhere in keeping with the insane multidimensional physics playing out around, inside, through "you." 

Thats what it was like for me at least :nut: :wtf: :alert: :nut: :alert: :eek: :nut:

--------------------

Invisiblejamm71
poodle faker

Re: going to try salvia for my 1st time any tips ? [Re: Noviseer]
    #2296305 - 02/03/04 02:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Noviseer, that was one of the best descriptions of the salvia "unfolding" I've seen yet.

I'm exactly the same way...it usually takes me a while in between jaunts to work up the courage to do it again...enough time to forget what the effects are truly like, I guess. But then, when it hits...I think "OH NO!!...NOW I REMEMBER!!!" and I just try to hang on for dear life. I'm not too good at letting go yet

--------------------
I am another yourself

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: going to try salvia for my 1st time any tips ? [Re: jamm71]
    #2296765 - 02/03/04 08:29 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yeah that is a damn good description of salvia, and I too need time to build courage to hit sally again.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Anonymous

Re: going to try salvia for my 1st time any tips ? [Re: John]
    #2297492 - 02/03/04 01:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't see what the big deal is?  :smile2: Salvia is always so much fun. Its intense but not unfriendly and the main effects only last about 6 minutes at most

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: going to try salvia for my 1st time any tips ? [Re: Noviseer]
    #2299100 - 02/03/04 10:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I do NOT understand how anyone can have a bad trip on salvia. I have never. It is a friendly drug!

I have heard the onset described as similar to drowning. I can agree, but with salvia, I have none of the panic that I do with drowning. The chest is depressed and there is a force that sucks you down (sometimes is twists me around, but usually just straight down) and eventually a complete loss of consiousness. But the transition to salvia space is soft and gentle.

For me, a person who has fears of losing touch with reality when on mush, salvia is a wonderful release. There is a complete disconnection, but before you realize that your world is changing, you are completely gone, living the life of a mexican native 8000 years ago, or an alien communicating with whole body purring noises, or anything your imagination can muster.

I LOVE taking salvia. It is insanely FUN! It is a wonderful experience everytime. But even so, it is always months and months between experiences. I don't know why exactly.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Invisiblejamm71
poodle faker

Re: going to try salvia for my 1st time any tips ? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2299740 - 02/04/04 06:24 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think salvia is pretty subjective. I read hundreds of trip reports before I actually tried it myself and the variations are amazing. My own experiences have never been exactly the same thing twice.

My main anxiety comes from losing track of what my physical body is doing. I once smoked a bowl just before going to bed and the next thing I know, I am running out into the street, down the road...going into a bar (completely naked, BTW) and seeing everyone there hooting and hollering at me...now this was all in my mind, but it sure seemed real! When I did come to...I had moved from my bed into my office, where I was sitting on the desk with my hand jammed in a drawer.

Now every time it comes on, I worry about this lack of self-control. If I know a friend is nearby to make sure I don't do anything stupid, I generally feel much better and have more of a bliss trip (still un-nerving, tho')

You're lucky you get along so well with Ska Pastora. I am determined to get over my intimidation.

--------------------
I am another yourself

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: going to try salvia for my 1st time any tips ? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2299989 - 02/04/04 08:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

> I do NOT understand how anyone can have a bad trip on salvia.

One must master the art of surrender before Lady Salvia becomes nice.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies