Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTeknion
Interloper

Casing Terranium Humidity
    #2280102 - 01/28/04 08:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

AFOAF Wanted Me To Post This:

So three days ago, I crumbled up all my cakes, and cased them with 60/40 verm/coco and put foil on top, and stuck it in my terranium, which is a small two storey greenhouse....

So this morning I checked it out and the mycelium is creeping to the the top in a few spots, so within a day or two I will yank the foil off and initiate pinning.

What I wanted to know is this, how high should the humidity be in the terranium for a casing.... I've looked in the online faq's and stuff, and it seems the concensus is anywhere between 81% and 95% humidity in the terranium....

The reason why I ask is this.... I have a plateau in the humidity I can reach in this little greenhouse. in the bottom tray, I have two trays full of perlite and water (with a dash of hydrogen perox.) with aquarium bubblers in each.

When I initially tested this out, the max humidity I could reach was 88%....

Unfortunately I don't have much money to put towards a fogger or anything, so if 88% is not good enough, any tips on how to boost it a bit would be great....

Thanks

--------------------
"A drug person can deal with things like seeing they're dead grandmother crawling up they're leg with a knife in her teeth but no one should be asked to handle this trip"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Casing Terranium Humidity [Re: Teknion]
    #2280112 - 01/28/04 08:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

for casings thats what you want between 85 and 90 so you are perfect. Good luck are you patching you casing I would youll get a much better pinset.

OfflineTeknion
Interloper

Re: Casing Terranium Humidity [Re: fee]
    #2280156 - 01/28/04 09:09 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

AFOAF Replies:

Perfect... I know sometimes the RH fluctuated between 77% and 88%, but I think that will stabilize after a few days, I only did a quick check over 24 hours to see what I could get it up to....

I did not patch because I left my soil out after casing so it was no longer sterile....

Since it's already been 3 days, would it be best to make a small batch of patch soil, or to just initiate pinning tomorrow?

--------------------
"A drug person can deal with things like seeing they're dead grandmother crawling up they're leg with a knife in her teeth but no one should be asked to handle this trip"

Anonymous

#2280176 - 01/28/04 09:18 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I would patch really I would if thier are no hyphal knots patch away untilit looks like this

thats what I would do

OfflineTeknion
Interloper

Re: Casing Terranium Humidity [Re: fee]
    #2280300 - 01/28/04 10:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

AFOAF Replies:

Pardon the ignorance..... Hyphal Knots?

How does it end up looking like that if you always patch the myc? hehe.... Silly question I know, I just wanna do it right hehe

--------------------

Offlinejba6511
addict
    #2280573 - 01/28/04 11:26 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

he means you patch the first aggresive bit of mycelium that pokes through. This gives the rest time to catch up and allows for even pinning throughout the casing layer, which is important. Hyphal Knots are little small balls that form right before you will see the presence of pins

OfflineTeknion
Interloper

Re: Casing Terranium Humidity [Re: jba6511]
    #2280624 - 01/28/04 11:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ahhhh, ok

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix