Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

WHO IS GOD???
    #2278810 - 01/27/04 07:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Have anyone experienced a situation in which god helped him? Some of you would say yes, God helped me when I was feeling bad about something or when someone I loved was flirting with death or when I fell from the balcony and was not badly hurt etc. But how can you really be sure that He/She/It actually did? You just can?t. Have you ever seen Him? Spoke to Him? And even if you believe you have, how do you know that this experience that you had was not just a hallucination? Or that you, full of passion and burning desire, stuffed to the bone from all that they forced you to learn to believe , made a simple misjudgement of what you thought is a fact? Or because of your enormous subconscious obsession to meet your ?creator?, as they say, fooled your own self so inappropriately for your mental capabilities? And again even if what you saw or experienced is true how you know that it was not an act of an outer space being? The possibilities are infinite. We have reached the point where most of you would have started or are about to laugh? So you reckon that the possibilities of God to be a person from a more advanced civilization are less than to just magically be your creator {here, I define magic as something which is beyond our minds boundaries of understanding, as they say, in order for the text to be more easily understood from the majority of people and of course I mean no disrespect in WICCA (here I must say that witch is a term very badly understood), which is a beautiful religion, nor in any kind of sorcery, alchemy, voodoo, plain magick or even OBE?s (some people will categorise Out-of-Body-Experiences as magic too because they?ve never tried it or red about it, which anyway is another topic??anyway?what do they know????)} ? Let me tell you something. Either you want it or not there is not such a thing as magic. I believe that everything has its explanation and the most important of all?and that is dispassionate, EVERYTHING is possible. Science will reach a point where everything will relate at some degree (quantum physics is a great developing subject) and eventually be able to explain all these ?paranormal? phenomena (if you assume what modern day?s science can explain as normal). Don?t let anyone convince you otherwise. Unfortunately, even love, which is the nearest term you can find explained as ?magic? can be scientifically explained and related with some certain combinations of substances that we have and in certain occasions (we all know when?) produce inside our brain.

What people can define as their God can vary a lot, Christians believe in Christ, Buddhists in Buddha (in a way), Pantheists in everything together combined with the essence of infinity and creating a ?force? which they like to call God, Wiccans and the Moon-Goddess and Sun-God, generally Pagans, people that believe in Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Agnosticists and Atheists, Gurus, Rastafarians, Taoism, Confucianism and Feng Shui. Those are really all talking about the same thing. In the old days, people didn?t seem to understand that, but now all have developed their minds, loosened the blinkers and silently agreed to that concept. Almost everyone will eventually agree to the real truth (if we can say that such a thing exists), that there is no God to guide us nor to help us. That we have the power to do anything we wish or at least try to do it. The important thing is to know that everything can be done and that if you weren?t able to do something doesn?t mean that it can?t be done. We have the power in our hands but we just don?t know it yet. I am my own God, you are your own God, and everybody is their own God. You be the judge of this but I reckon it?s true or anyway closest to the truth from everything else. That is not only my personal opinion, it is a really objective opinion (as objective as it can be; we live in a subjective world?.or so we think). Now there?s one thing to know the truth and another to believe in anything, each one of you want. One of the greatest concepts is God. Another one is Freedom. Freedom to believe in what you choose because it makes you happy. That?s o.k., but you all have to distinguish what is the impartial truth and what is your subjective truth. The concept of God did not just pop up for nothing. People needed it and so they created it. Common questions like: ?Don?t you have the need to believe that there is someone more powerful than you who can help you in difficult times in life?? are more than irrelevant when dealing with the dispassionate truth but more than important when dealing with your truth.

Let us imagine something else. Try to think like a mouse, that is if mice could think (or maybe they can but they just choose not to let us know?). What would a cat be to you? A hair- raising God. And what would a man be to you? An angry and fearsome God with no mercy of course. With its own unexplainable rules. So why should there be a universal God for everything? A perfect fit here is the concept of infinity, wouldn?t you say? If you could move straight in all directions but you did not have the sense of height, like in a 2D(2Dimensions) computer game but without the ability to jump and someone decided to put an obstacle in front of you, wouldn?t you believe with great frankness that there would be no way to overcome this obstacle? Now that you know and sense the 3D and you feel that there is no way to go back in time or to renounce your religion because you can do every thing your God can, wouldn?t be the same with the previous example? We know ?nothing?. At least let us not pretend that we do.

So, you would say, why do we live? What is the reason? Well it is pretty easy to pretend that we found the solution and live in a sentimental lie and rather difficult to search for the Real Truth. Everybody makes their choices. Just make sure that you considered all options. I believe that the possibility of only One God to exist is very small but that is estimating without much evidence so I can only guess. It is my personal opinion that there is no God to help, point the way, love and consider us. They say that miracles happen. Yes, miracles do happen but one has to define what a miracle is a priori. A mother?s child gets awfully sick and is about to die, the mother goes every day and every night to the church and prays to the God that she chose to believe or was raised to believe that the child recovers??..and at the end of the day it does. She would say???It was God who helped my child?? and so on. Had she ever thought that She actually helped her child? With her passion and positive energy? This is a form of magick! The magick that when some people hear about get frustrated because they think of evil. The only basic difference with some religions is that they have taken this human ability and increased its power by putting some rules which ultimately make you feel more in control of your life and so increasing even more the positive energy. Of course they?ve put some other things that can not be explained yet by scientists but most possibly will be in the future. It is experimentally proven that if you play heads or tails many times and constantly ?wish? for tails, that you have more than 50% to get the right side, that is your side?relativity you see?Just think that 120 years ago we didn?t know what electricity was. If you introduced something like that in the past ages they would most probably burn you at the stake or just think that you are crazy or evil (which is what they do today for any practitioner of magick). Think about it; sleep on it if you like. Be a realist. Oh, but please not in all cases because you?ll simply loose the magic no matter if you think of it as ?real? or ?fictitious?. Whatever your final belief is make sure you enjoy your life and compromise with nothing. Seek the best. Live. Extend your horizons. Have fun. Skydive. Dig your life. Seize the day.
How do you rate my opinion?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (01/27/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: Shroomerious]
    #2278826 - 01/27/04 07:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

We are God

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2278842 - 01/27/04 07:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
We are God

Ya took the words right out of my mouth, God.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2278852 - 01/27/04 07:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

take a human being
strip away everything that isn't human
and you are left with a part of God

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2278861 - 01/27/04 07:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I tottaly agree y'all gods!!!!

--------------------

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2278869 - 01/27/04 07:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

infidelGOD said:
take a human being

That's nice to hear but there are no solutions nor answers in it in my opninion.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#2278897 - 01/27/04 07:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

oh, you were looking for solutions and answers?

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#2278905 - 01/27/04 07:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

infidelGOD said:
oh, you were looking for solutions and answers?

Aren't we all...?
It's funny how one turns to aggresive irony instead of a bit more thinking...

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2278963 - 01/27/04 08:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

take a human being

God is a clump of hair?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: Swami]
    #2279046 - 01/27/04 08:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think he means that God is the clothes, jewelry, glasses and such.

Ah... no, that doesn't sound right either.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#2279152 - 01/27/04 09:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

strip away everything that isn't human...

I meant to say strip away everything that is human.

have you ever experienced complete ego loss?
a state where you have no sense of self, no sense of time or space.
you are no longer there, but something still remains...
what is it?

that something, I believe, is a piece of God,
a brief glimpse of IT.

I don't say this is Truth. it could be a grand delusion for all i know.
but this is where I have seen God, in the center of my being,
when all the outer layers of self have been burned away

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2279181 - 01/27/04 09:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

infidelGOD said:
strip away everything that isn't human...

I meant to say strip away everything that is human.

have you ever experienced complete ego loss?
a state where you have no sense of self, no sense of time or space.
you are no longer there, but something still remains...
what is it?

that something, I believe, is a piece of God,
a brief glimpse of IT.

I don't say this is Truth. it could be a grand delusion for all i know.
but this is where I have seen God, in the center of my being,
when all the outer layers of self have been burned away

I would agree with that.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineMightyQuinn
Eskimo
Loc: United States
Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: Frog]
    #2279213 - 01/27/04 09:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you strip away everything that isn't human you know there's a part of God underneath too fellas...

--------------------
everybody's gonna want a dose.

Offlinethelox
Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: Frog]
    #2279313 - 01/27/04 10:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Excellent thread! In regards to ego loss, I have experienced it and there is nothing else like it. I find for myself at least after such an experience I can never look at "myself" or my ego the same way. I don't see it as who I truly am. Do people who have not experienced ego death or understand what is meant by "the ego" See their ego as their only selves? I believe that others here like myself probably after experiencing different altered states of consciousness question the solidity of reality. In regards to my view of the "G" word God, I wonder if I'll ever stop trying to use words to describe what I feel? It's so frustrating because you know it is never enough or quite right. I sat here for 20 mins trying to use words to describe God, but I just can't to my own satisfaction. It's so draining in a way. All I can say is that I do feel that ego loss does give us a glipse of the true nature of it all. Or is it a dellusion? I don't think so personally, but I wish such things could be legally studied.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2279401 - 01/27/04 11:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

infidelGOD, where did you come up with the term "ego loss" and how its loss relates to the existence of God?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
    #2279637 - 01/28/04 12:59 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

human will is god

--------------------
Mice have feelings

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2279705 - 01/28/04 01:37 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you take a "HUMAN BEING," and strip away everything that is "HUMAN," you are left with " BEING."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offline_cracker
Stranger
    #2279744 - 01/28/04 02:18 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

simply put:

GOD is one badass motherfucker.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2279748 - 01/28/04 02:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"God is a clump of hair?"

are you saying then that hair isn't human??

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlineceephax
Tapeworm

Loc: Gastrointestinal track
Re: WHO IS GOD??? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2279762 - 01/28/04 02:34 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think its your self buring away when you experience ego loss, just your ego; I beleive the "ego" and the "self" to be two different things. Ego is just social conditioning; how you react and act around people, and since most of us are always around other people, the ego sort of takes over.
Take away the ego and you have: ...the present.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order