Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Fuckin' Salvia...
    #2273516 - 01/26/04 01:23 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I ordered some Salvia online, 5X non-standardized extract. Since then I've read reports and most of them seem to lean towards the negative, so I am worried. Why is this drug getting so much hype? Is it just because its still legal?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Fuckin' Salvia... [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #2273536 - 01/26/04 01:37 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Its getting hype because its legal yes, and because of its intensity.

This is a startlingly powerful drug - I think some of the hype is also due to its ability to completely "displace" your mind - its feels/seems like suddenly you're not where you just were, even though you're still just sitting right where you were :wink: hehe

Also the length of the effects has a lot to do with it - some people don't want to trip out all day or night, so a quick trip is very enticing for many (I'd recommend DMT if this is the only reason you're doing salvia..).

Not to mention the fact that its REALLY FUCKIN WEIRD! Everybody I've tried this stuff with personally who had a negative report (which is the minority) still say they are impressed with the depth and extreme alien-ness of the experience.

Bring your seat-belt for this one :wink: Be sure to give us a trip report. Oh and by the way, I don't find it negative at all - just REALLY STRANGE AND CONFUSING.

If you like it, remember to use it in moderation as the quick trip can lead to a binge :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Fuckin' Salvia... [Re: Strumpling]
    #2273541 - 01/26/04 01:40 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i agree with strumpling, i dont find it negative either, just really strange and confusing

its kinda creepy though

i always feel like im bein watched on it

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2273600 - 01/26/04 02:16 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

where are you reading reports that are negative?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Fuckin' Salvia... [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2273655 - 01/26/04 03:02 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"creepy"

heh yeah it is creepy which is one of the things I dig about it :smile: - way cooler than The Haunted Mansion over at Disneyland :wink: lol

"i always feel like im bein watched on it"

YES! There have been salvia trips where it feels like there are things cheering me on, encouraging me to do some activity I'm not aware of, giving me vibes kind of like "yes! you can DO it! go go go you're DOING it! go man go!" There have been other times where it feels like there are things mocking me, I got vibes like "haa look he has no idea what to do.. silly guy 'ooo look at me with the salvia' hahaa"

I can see how the 2nd example could be considered negative but hey I find it all in good humor when I start to come down - in fact, my most confusing, disorienting, and perplexing salvia experiences have been my favorite :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Anonymous

#2273743 - 01/26/04 03:59 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

can someone tell me how long the effects last?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Fuckin' Salvia... [Re: ]
    #2273752 - 01/26/04 04:03 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_effects.shtml

All of this kind of information on many substances is available at www.erowid.org, the best drug-research website on the internet.

www.lycaeum.org has similar information :smile:

Happy Hallucinating!

--------------------

Anonymous

#2273756 - 01/26/04 04:07 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thanks strumpling just what i needed :thumbup:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Fuckin' Salvia... [Re: ]
    #2273816 - 01/26/04 04:40 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hey no problem :smile: - all I ask is that you give those sites to any of your friends who are interested in drugs and who have internet access.

They'll thank you later :laugh: Peace dude!

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2273980 - 01/26/04 06:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

> Why is this drug getting so much hype?

Because it is green and looks a little bit like cannabis shake... therefore, in the eyes of the media, it must be cannabis like... a good legal substitute to cannabis, which cannot and must not be... therefore deamonize!

I personally do not care for salvia much. The ride is rough, and difficult. It can open your eyes to possibilities, but is far from recreational.

There are three negative aspects:

1) it is not recreational like cannabis. If you are expecting to smoke some and have a good time, then you are in trouble. This results in negative feedback.

2) it doesn't work for everybody. Many people smoke their brains out with no effects at all. This results in negative feedback. I feel that many of these occur from poor quality product or from improper smoking technique, but not all of them. Some people are just plain immune to the effects.

3) the onset of a breakthrough feels as if you are dying. If you are the type that must be in control of yourself, then you are in for a rough experience. If you can surrender to the drug, and let her take you where she wants without fighting her, then the experience isn't so hard to take.

I think the media has mislead people into thinking that salvia is a viable alternative to cannabis for recreational use. This is like using a bullet to cure a headache... it just doesn't work that way.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#2274146 - 01/26/04 08:53 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
There have been other times where it feels like there are things mocking me, I got vibes like "haa look he has no idea what to do.. silly guy 'ooo look at me with the salvia' hahaa"

hahahhaha omg
that happens to me too!!!

I still don't know why so many people hate it. I don't do it anymroe but i still think its an interesting experience

--------------------

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2274963 - 01/26/04 02:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Like mentioned above, a lot of people get some, smoke until their lungs bleed and then say screw it and move on. Then they come on to the Shroomery and post all their negative remarks about how much a waste salvia is.

I remember when I first tried salvia. I bought some 10x from a vendor. I smoked and smoked and smoked and never got more then a head rush. I was about to give up and throw it all way, but just for the heck of it I took one last hit.

If you guys have seen the movie The Butterfly Effect, or have just seen the previews... the part when he distorts time with his mind and everything zooms out and gets all blury and fast... well that's pretty much sums up what happened to me when I took "my last hit" of salvia. There was no coming up involved... it just happend. I wasn't expecting the world it had vaulted me into... I was utterly unprepared for the experience. The moment it started I couldn't wait for it to end. It was interesting but I had an overwhelming feeling that I wasn't welcomed. At the end of my experience I heard a voice whisper to me "come back when you're ready."

There's really no experience you can compare it to... at least not with what I have experimented with.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2275122 - 01/26/04 03:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
Quote:

Strumpling said:
There have been other times where it feels like there are things mocking me, I got vibes like "haa look he has no idea what to do.. silly guy 'ooo look at me with the salvia' hahaa"

hahahhaha omg
that happens to me too!!!

I second (third) that.  Thats precisely what happened to me.  I remember having a private thought to myself "well maybe I'm lost in this crazy dimension, but at least I don't fly around mocking people.  It rules to be a person."  This made me long for reality, and thats when the trip went bad for me.  I didn't really understand that I'd be going back home eventually.  I felt vaguely guilty for entering the creepy flying salvia heroes' realm, and thought I'd be stuck there due to my stupidity.  Despite their mocking derision, the entities did help me back, albeit in a haughty, condescending way.  I think they were just pissed because I mentally mocked them back :lol:  I'm goin back there some day, because maybe now I can meet them on less egotistical terms, and just learn from em, gain some perspective, and not have to compare their "life" to mine.  They're so different, there is no comparison anyway.

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Fuckin' Salvia... [Re: Noviseer]
    #2275125 - 01/26/04 03:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Wow I just remembered a big portion of my trip that I forgot. The salvia entities were NERDS! Not nerds in the "you're unpopular in high school because you like science" type nerds, i mean, they weren't into life and love and good food and art and sex and all that good stuff, rather, they just flew around in their realm, played with numbers and math and dimensions and reality, but in their self-importance I coudln't understand how any of that crap added up to anything. maybe it does, I'm just relaying what I experienced. Maybe they're not even real, just constructs of my mind. who knows.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #2275185 - 01/26/04 04:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So, in my Salvia thread somewhere in the past few pages of trip tips or ODD, i posted about how i feel the salvia realm is Continuous - like the DMT realm. Independant, evolving, and completely real.

Anyways - im not sure what i believe, but i do believe that the salvia realm is much like many people speak of the dmt realm - Continuous. It is another dimension independant of ours, it occupies the same space, and our unconscious actions may even affect it, we just cant realize consciously. In this realm there are independant entities are existing and have their own form of what constitutes living in a much more advanced system than we do.

What do you all think?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#2275192 - 01/26/04 04:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yea i always wonder how real these beings are....
it's kinda fucked up that my brain could make up these characters, they seem way too real to me, but i guess my brain makes up characters in dreams who i have no apparent control over, so maybe the salvia dimension beings are fake. (or are the characters in my dreams real?!?  :shocked: )

although, i noticed when i do salvia in my room, i've run into a few the same beings(or whatever) on different trips, and after a while they came to recognize me.  It was really fucked up.  Like they lived in a another dimension in my room

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Fuckin' Salvia... [Re: PDU]
    #2275402 - 01/26/04 05:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well I can tell you that the Salvia space is nothing like DMT space... I mean they are similar in the sense that they are different, but that's about it lol.

As for any of the experience being "real," I'm still convinced it is a grand production put on by my intoxicated mind :wink:

Sometimes I can catch up to my trip on salvia or DMT and I can't tell if I'm interpreting what I'm seeing, or if I'm thinking about something and then "manifesting" it instantly - there's a fine line between the two, and they interact with eachother.... Let me give an example:

I puff several hits of salvia and lay back - suddenly I've got a whole palette of hallucinatory building-blocks with which to build the experience. On relatively low doses I can consciously control certain aspects of it - I'll think something like "ok lets see some strange creatures" and before I'm done with the thought, I get bombarded with "strange creatures" that manifest themselves in very creative and unexpected ways. Now did I make that happen, or was I just subject to a hallucination that I extrapolated strange creatures from? I think its a bit of both.. Its like as soon as your mind finds something that could be twisted into whatever you were looking to see, it will twist it into what you were looking for.

The other way is if I were to start seeing something that could be interpreted as a being and then instantly think "ahh there's a being!" - as soon as I put the "being" label on the hallucination, it changes dramatically into a very obvious, very blatant being. Now was I just subject to a hallucination that I extrapolated a being from, or did I make that happen? Once again, I think its a bit of both.

A third option would be of course that these things ARE "real," and that we somehow are tapping into some other "channel" or "frequency" or "spectrum" or whatever, but I'm not so sure about this - I'm convinced ITS ALL IN THE MIND, WHICH DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY LESS FASCINATING, IMO.

Like a semi-lucid dreamstate, the mind likes to play with itself and trick itself into believing "THIS IS REAL! There is real cause for attention here - this is not a test" As soon as you wake up, though, you know it was "just a dream."

Of course, I'm no expert on drugs OR brains so this is all basically just ungrounded ranting, and I wouldn't be suprised if somebody said one short sentence that totally shut down my whole idea. These brains sure are neat though aren't they?

--------------------

OfflineAmericaNightmare
fiend

Loc: The Hyacinth House
    #2275416 - 01/26/04 05:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

salvia, is insane...ive been extremely hardcore tripped out on salvia, like, as someone said up there ^ "Salvia Space" is just madness...complete alternate existance. but then, it only happens like that for me when i toke it out of a large bong...otherwise, i just get a wierd feeling and sweat, so that may be why some people dont like it. its cool.

--------------------
Now, if I accept Jesus into my heart, I'll get to walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Did you hear what I said? Walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Well, kiss my crippled ass. God is listening. What a crock of shit.
--Lieutenant Dan

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2275791 - 01/26/04 08:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you ask me, salvia clicks on your imagination. When you were a kid, and you looked at the clouds, you'd see shapes right? like faces, or animals. Was that not "real?" Just because the cloud isn't actually a turtle, doesn't make it any less "real" that you see a turtle.

When you trip, you see things. They may not exist corporeally, but those images exist. They are just as real as any image.

There are some drugs, however, that affect reality. the MMGG has a trip report in it where the auther claims the ability to control cloud movement. He says he has video evidence even. I know someone who, once, took mescaline and was able to control the dice when playing a game of Yatzee. He says that he could roll all five dice any way he wanted. He played a few games, and went down the list, all Ones, all Twos, all threes, so on. These instances are real.

Or are they? Just because there seem to be other sentient beings around you lending credibility to this "reality" doesn't make it so. At least not philisophically. I think therefore I am, that is the only reality. When tripping, I think very differently than usually. My senses seem to give me different input. This input is still real. It is the only reality because it is my thoughts.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2275842 - 01/26/04 08:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said: so maybe the salvia dimension beings are fake. (or are the characters in my dreams real?!?  :shocked: )

Apply these questions to DMT and you might have something. I remember reading somewhere that the natural DMT in the human brain may have something to do with dream states.

Just a thought.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals