Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
(SPOILERS) What did you guys think of Star Wars Ep 7? (SPOILERS)
    #22672684 - 12/18/15 04:15 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22672357

So if you didnt see my earlier post :lol: I watched it this morning. Discussion of the movie and spoilers are below
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!

I wanted to just say I think disney did a great job tying episode 6 into it, and reintroducing characters. I think its a bummer that they killed off Han Solo so quickly after introducing him. I also feel that they could have had a better introduction and connection into the new characters. Maybe touched on the new jedi that luke "trained"? in these 30 years?
Overall I would give it a 8.5-9/10. What do you guys think? Did you love it? Hate it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hawaii Flag
Re: (SPOILERS) What did you guys think of Star Wars Ep 7? (SPOILERS) [Re: topdog82]
    #22672702 - 12/18/15 04:19 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Liked it didn't love it, looking forward to the next one i assume they will touch base on those things later when more relevant. It may seem like it may have been more relevant now but we didn't write the film so we'll see.

--------------------

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: (SPOILERS) What did you guys think of Star Wars Ep 7? (SPOILERS) [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #22672735 - 12/18/15 04:26 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GetFuckingWierd said:
Liked it didn't love it, looking forward to the next one i assume they will touch base on those things later when more relevant. It may seem like it may have been more relevant now but we didn't write the film so we'll see.

I also think that at least a few references to the episodes 1-3 would have been awesome
And ya I am hoping that a lot more "happens" with the info that currently happened. Overall a good movie

Edited by topdog82 (12/18/15 04:33 PM)

InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

Re: (SPOILERS) What did you guys think of Star Wars Ep 7? (SPOILERS) [Re: topdog82]
    #22672766 - 12/18/15 04:34 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:
Quote:

GetFuckingWierd said:

I also think that at least a few references to the episodes 1-3 would have been awesome
And ya I am hoping that a lot more "happens" with the info that currently happened. Overall a good movie

What could they have included from 1-3? i can't remember much.

--------------------

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: (SPOILERS) What did you guys think of Star Wars Ep 7? (SPOILERS) [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #22672799 - 12/18/15 04:45 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GetFuckingWierd said:
Quote:

topdog82 said:
Quote:

GetFuckingWierd said:

well at the end of 6, they displayed the "force ghosts" of anakin, qui-gonn, obi-wan and yoda I think. They could have referenced that and had some level of contact with them. Perhaps some remaining jedi aftr order 66 could have been there. References to the clone wars, some reference to palpatine. Some reference to any of the events that happened between episodes 6-7 perhaps? We have two new sith and little discussion about how either of them rose to power?

They really threw us in the middle of the action with little warning at all

InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

#22672894 - 12/18/15 05:18 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:
Quote:

GetFuckingWierd said:
Quote:

topdog82 said:
Quote:

GetFuckingWierd said:

well at the end of 6, they displayed the "force ghosts" of anakin, qui-gonn, obi-wan and yoda I think. They could have referenced that and had some level of contact with them. Perhaps some remaining jedi aftr order 66 could have been there. References to the clone wars, some reference to palpatine. Some reference to any of the events that happened between episodes 6-7 perhaps? We have two new sith and little discussion about how either of them rose to power?

They really threw us in the middle of the action with little warning at all

It seems like all that would come later i mean Luke didn't even speak yet the battle hasn't even begun.........

EDIT: Oh yeah and being thrown in middle seems like what star wars started with.

--------------------

Edited by JonBongGroovy (12/18/15 05:27 PM)

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

#22672940 - 12/18/15 05:27 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Solid point mate. I guess they are setting it up so that I have to wait the next 2 years to find out what happens lol. Those bastards

Supposedly there is a set of spin off films lets see how those go

InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

#22672953 - 12/18/15 05:30 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:
Solid point mate. I guess they are setting it up so that I have to wait the next 2 years to find out what happens lol. Those bastards

Episode 8 already had a release date in 2017
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_VIII

--------------------

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

#22672991 - 12/18/15 05:40 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GetFuckingWierd said:
Quote:

topdog82 said:

Episode 8 already had a release date in 2017
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_VIII

thats 2 years :/

I hate that I have to wait that long. But rogue one (the first spinoff) is releasing in one year. Im pumped the series got a new triology though

Offlinechulutu
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #22673033 - 12/18/15 05:53 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

one thing i either dont get, is a massive plot hole or was a scene i missed but:
WTF was up with R2 not working? he's just in fucking low power mode for no reason??? and then he magically starts working at the end of the movie to help them find luke? they never tried turning him off and then back on again?? how about changing a battery?

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: (SPOILERS) What did you guys think of Star Wars Ep 7? (SPOILERS) [Re: chulutu]
    #22673103 - 12/18/15 06:08 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

chulutu said:
one thing i either dont get, is a massive plot hole or was a scene i missed but:
WTF was up with R2 not working? he's just in fucking low power mode for no reason??? and then he magically starts working at the end of the movie to help them find luke? they never tried turning him off and then back on again?? how about changing a battery?

haha true as fuck

InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

Re: (SPOILERS) What did you guys think of Star Wars Ep 7? (SPOILERS) [Re: chulutu]
    #22673122 - 12/18/15 06:11 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

It seems star wars always had unanswered questions........

--------------------

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#22674395 - 12/18/15 11:59 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Spoilers:

Thought it was a good movie, but some parts were sort of corny to me. Like serious, another death star they have to take out? But this one is a mega death star. So cool guys, come up with something original.

Overall though I liked the movie more then I thought I would.

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order