Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNinjaGaiden
Wizard of Odd
Loc: Florida
How well does millet flour compare to whole grains?
    #2251531 - 01/18/04 10:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've been using the regular BRF/Verm tek for awhile now and was looking into the next step up as far as potency goes. I've read that millet and WBS are excellent alternatives but I don't access nor money to buy a decent pressure cooker, on the other hand I was able to find millet flour at the health food store. Now my question is, would the millet flour work well in the pek tk? And if so would the potency of the millet still remain?? Any advice/input would be awesome.

--------------------
Can't you trip like I do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: How well does millet flour compare to whole grains? [Re: NinjaGaiden]
    #2251559 - 01/18/04 10:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The millet flour acts like a glue in the pftek and kinda sucks it colinizes like shit and isnt worth it. Now what hanky does is just adds haulled millet to the pf tek all he does is 1 part brf 1 part water and 2 parts verm so in other words he just adds the hualled millet to the pf tek without changing anything else. To me it sound weird but he has expeirimented with differnt ratios and he said that is the bast was to do it and thats the only way he does pf so I am geussing it works great he has given pictoral proof. The haulled millet can be found at the health food store also and I think is the only way to do the pf tek with grains. Good luck

OfflineNinjaGaiden
Wizard of Odd
Loc: Florida
Re: How well does millet flour compare to whole grains? [Re: fee]
    #2251579 - 01/18/04 10:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm, hulled millet isn't the stuff on the stem that you buy for birds is it? What exaclty is the difference between hulled and unhulled millet so i know what to look for??

--------------------
Can't you trip like I do?

Anonymous

#2251609 - 01/18/04 10:33 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

un hulled is the stuff you feed birds hulled is the stuff you bye in little bags that humans eat (although I guess you can eat hulled millet or anything if you really want to) at the health food store just ask for it thier and they will hand it to you

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2251683 - 01/18/04 11:19 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fee said:
The millet flour acts like a glue in the pftek and kinda sucks it colinizes like shit and isnt worth it.

Not my experience at all! think about how cooked rice sticks together. If you break up the jars right after sterilization (while still hot) they are VERY shakeable.

--------------------

Edited by simplemachine (01/18/04 11:21 PM)

Anonymous

Re: How well does millet flour compare to whole grains? [Re: simplemachine]
    #2251698 - 01/18/04 11:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

the flour? how do you shake a pf jar?

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2251704 - 01/18/04 11:25 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

polyfill, no dry verm, fill 2/3 full, break up while hot! shake every few days and colonize in 1-2 weeks!

--------------------

Anonymous

#2251710 - 01/18/04 11:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

o that makes sense I have only done the dry verm berier. I stick to the bags of WBS way better in all cases atleast for me

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2251719 - 01/18/04 11:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

so did I till my pc broke! I AM pretty proud of myself for getting pf jars to colonize as fast as grain, as my pf jars used to take a month or so.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2251733 - 01/18/04 11:43 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

do you inject right through the polyfill? and how big is your hole with the polyfill in it?

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #2251908 - 01/19/04 01:39 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i started playing with organic hulled millet (OHM) when i started out not that long ago.

i tried alsorts of ratios,such as swapping half the brf for ohm,normal brf and a half measure of ohm,i played around with water ratios etc.

the last batch i made was the best sofar and was 2parts verm,1part water,1part brf and 1 part hulled millet.

this mix gives twice the normal nutrient reserve of a standard pf cake,it's also generaly agreed that millet produces a higher psilocybin content.

i use half pint jars as i like the fast colonisation speed.

i PC my jars for around 50 minutes to an hour.

cakes made this way really need to be cased to realise their full potential,i'd suggest using straight coco-coir,i've played around with coir/verm mixes at different ratios,and have found that straight coir works the best(the main difference i noticed is much less shrinkage than with 60/40 etc.

moisten the coir to feild capacity(should drip just a little when squeezed)PC the coir in pint jars for 30 minutes(you can pack as much coir per jar as will fit.

use a bottom layer of coir about 3/4 to 1 inch deep and mist well with a 25/1 water/H202 mix

then dump the colonised cakes (dry verm layer and everything)into clean ziplock bags,crumble well then add coir so you have about a 70/30 mix(starters rez effect)mist the substrate/coir genourously while still in the bag,then lay the substrate mix onto the bottom layer.

finaly add a quater inch top layer and mist once again.

place into incubator at 86f for three days,mist the surface once each day,after 72 hours patch any areas that have broken thru,dont add more coir,just use a knife or something to push the coir around from the uncolonised part to the colonised areas,doing this makes it easier for the uncolonised parts to break thru and catch up.

birth on the forth day no matter how much of the surface area is colonised(most people incubate for way too long)also dont mist the surface of the casing after myc starts to break thru,mist for the last time when you patch.

if you dont have a good incubator(i recommend a tub in a tub)and you have problems maintaining 86f your going to have to allow more incubation time.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2251960 - 01/19/04 02:06 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fee said:
do you inject right through the polyfill? and how big is your hole with the polyfill in it?

the polyfill hole is about 1/8 of an inch. I inject thru another hole about the size of the needle, which I cover with tape.

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: How well does millet flour compare to whole grains? [Re: Hanky]
    #2251985 - 01/19/04 02:30 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

>it's also generaly agreed that millet produces a higher psilocybin content.

This is far from general agreement.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: How well does millet flour compare to whole grains? [Re: Anno]
    #2252060 - 01/19/04 03:41 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I was hoping anno would weigh in on this one somewhere.:)

I guess we have to wait for "multi-substrate test 2" before we know for sure.
:grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate