Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejustsayknow
pansexual pancake!

Loc: MO
Collaborative story- writers, artists, and musicians needed
    #22466130 - 11/02/15 10:39 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Hi guys, i'm looking for anyone interested in writing a story that effectively considers how to talk about psychedelic experiences through metaphore. I'd like to touch up on self development, introspection, and healing; less on the recreational use of psychedelics.

With that said i'm looking for people who can collaboratively convey psychedelics through the titled media's. But i think we need to begin with words, transition into art (beginning with concept art, transitioning into animation), and create a sound track.

This isn't an easy project. With that said, that is why i've decided to humbly ask anyone to openly post in this thread. I will establish a rough guideline for how the story drafts need to take place as well as some specific guidelines for this specific thread.

Phase 1- Writing- volunteer for project manager needed, but will have to meet required communication skills. I'm willing to volunteer but if someone is more effective at facilitating dialogue i prefer for them to do it. i'm moderately a descent communicator when i'm serious, but sadly i'm not the best. and i think it's so much better to have someone more exceptional at being a good verbal moderator than i am. But if no applications come in i'll just do it myself. i definitely won't be able to do much about art or music but writing is somewhere i'm much more experienced in

-sub-phase: Discussion and brainstorming

-Sub-phase: General drafting- what is the story about and what have we agreed on? Who are the characters, if any? (when the rough draft story has been established) Does it need anything else? Can we improve it to make it a finished draft? Are we considering the later portions of the project, such as the art portion or sound track? etc etc.

-subphase: Refining and finishing the finished draft. Then we move onto the next phases until we want to edit the written portion to match the concept art and eventually animation.

-subphase: Narration. this is for the finished project. the finished project will be a collaboration of a narrator, an animated story, and an environmental soundtrack/background music/noise.

Phase 2- Art. volunteer for project manager needed, but will have to meet required communication skills.

-Subphase: Concept art. We need random submissions from anyone, but most of all we may need an animator and preferably a couple volunteered artists who will give a necessary amount of time for this project. Right now we shouldn't need concept art very much, but artists please do read the storyline and create art as you go. feel absolutely free to submit concept art at anytime in this thread, maybe it will help out with inspiration! :smile:

-Subphase: Animation. We need to turn the concept art into an animated cartoon. The concern i have is if the storyline is a bit long animating it won't be particularly easy. so, writers please be considerate of this. We want to finish all parts of the project.

Phase 3- Music/soundtrack- volunteer for project manager needed, but will have to meet required communication skills.

I'm as non musician as they come, so i don't know exactly how this will be done. With this said, can a musician give some input? I'm not sure how to initiate or even act on this.

Finally, we should have fun with this and not neglect it and let this project die. that is my fear but i think that with a good team we can do this! volunteer project managers please pm me, i'm going to need more people to help out and it is collaborative after all! :smile:

thanks, peace and <3

P.S
-  here's some of the official positions and other considerations to keep in mind; will be updated if and when someone see's a place that could use consideration or input, pm me or a project manager to give your submitted input We will need to discuss things like resources, deadlines (or guided initiating and executing ending points), tools, and goals. We also have to consider how we need approach this in regard to project managing. I'm taking a project management class in college, and i'd love to volunteer as a project manager but ideally an experienced project manager or an individual willing to devote a little more time than usual to this specific event would help out greatly. Sadly, i don't know if i have as much time to devote as someone else. Even if there's a shortage of knowledgeable project managers around i feel that it's more vital to find someone who can devote more time than me. Also, there's to consider the fact that every project requires different, situationally unique resources, tools, and time restraints. I might not be able to deliver on something that some guy has knowledge of that i don't; like art work or sound/lyric design. I mean, i've always dream't of being an artist or musician but never had access to resources and knowledge to practice it. so i think it would be better for the project if i focused on editing/updating this original post and submitting content/dialogue about how the story is progressing.

Here's the list.

-Tools currently used or needed
-Team members
-Resources
-Project Managers
-Initiation dates
-Execution dates
-Milestones
-Big thanks (for exceptionally involved individuals, results in a good rating)

--------------------
Wake up! and bake! Repeat or die! I will put this acid in my eye! silly as a silly bee, now it's my ears and nose that can see! hurdurdurdur Hurdeedee! Hippy crack hippidee! Cough cough cough! sip sip sip, DXM just landed me on a trip! Ho ho ho! hay hay hay! have a nice trip! enjoy your day!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejustsayknow
pansexual pancake!

Loc: MO
Re: Collaborative story- writers, artists, and musicians needed [Re: justsayknow]
    #22466204 - 11/02/15 10:59 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Here's a link to another thread i posted in Psychedelic Experiences forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22466199

--------------------
Wake up! and bake! Repeat or die! I will put this acid in my eye! silly as a silly bee, now it's my ears and nose that can see! hurdurdurdur Hurdeedee! Hippy crack hippidee! Cough cough cough! sip sip sip, DXM just landed me on a trip! Ho ho ho! hay hay hay! have a nice trip! enjoy your day!

Edited by justsayknow (11/02/15 11:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder