Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: sterilizing syringes
    #22446 - 06/27/00 10:56 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know about pressure cooking syringes. Like Cuban Sis said, your syringe will strat to crack and warp. Once you pressure cook the syringe, most all the water comes out anyways, so why do this? I understand its better to be sure than to inoculate a shitload of jars with contam. But this is a bit overkill, don't you think? Either pressure cook them or boil them, there is no need for both.

There are many different ways to make sterile syringes. My personal fav is as follows.

1. take apart syringes and boil all parts for 30 minutes.

2. put syringes back together and suck up boiling water(distilled)in your syringe and let it sit for 2 minutes.

3. then squirt out the water and repeat one more time, this time leave the boiling water in your syringe. Now let syringes cool for about 2 hours in a cool draft free place(make sure they're covered up with something so no dust(contam) falls on them)

4. sterilize shotglass in boiling water. After this is sterilized, quickly move shotglass to inoculation chamber(in my case, a flowhood) Now take your print, open it up, and scrape a piece of spore chunk into the shotglass. Now take your syringe and squirt out the sterile wtaer in the shotglass and mix up spores. Now suck it back up and your done. Swipe the needle with an alchohol soaked swab and put your needle cap on.

So far, I've never, ever, had a contamination in my jars since I started making my own syringes. I had more contam problems using syringes from certain vendors.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: sterilizing syringes [Re: Lizard King]
    #22447 - 06/28/00 08:22 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, I don't know if it is the 'BEST' way, but it works just fine for me, I just take all my pieces of the syringe, the sucker, and tube, and needle, and put em in a boiling pot of water for an hour, then put them together with a pair of rubber gloves or make sure not to touch the needle, whatever works, if you got a pressure cooker, wrap em in aluminum foil and put em in there the same time you would put jars in. . later

Anonymous

#22448 - 06/28/00 08:55 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

My Friedn does what tekniq says with the p. cooker.
He takes the used syringes and sucks in water. Then he puts the plastic needle tip on, and wraps them in alum. foil.
He pressure cooks them with his jars. He says that after a few times of doing this the plastic tip will crack and he just fixes the crack with scotch tape.
When you take them out most of the water you put into them to start will be gone... this is normal

Anonymous

#22450 - 06/28/00 06:41 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

That still seems like a little to much work. This is what i do and so far no contams.

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.

2. While you wait for the water to start boiling. Take your syringes and suck some rubbing alcohol into them. Do this about 2 or 3 times. On the last time let the alcohol sit in them until the water starts boiling.

3. When the water starts boiling squirt out the alcohol and suck up some boiling water 2 or 3 times. The last time just leave the water in. Set it aside and let cool.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #22451 - 06/28/00 06:58 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

What do you mean that sounds like to much work. Its the same thing you just said, except I left out the alchohol because its not nessecary. I used to use alchohol, but it got a little spendy. I started using 60cc syringes that would kill a bottle of isopropyl everytime I made syringes. It doesn't hurt to suck up some alchohol, it just that its not nessecary.

And I take my syringes apart everytime I sterilize. This is because I make super loaded syringes, and they tend to get a spore build up that won't come off with water. You have to take apart the syringe and wipe every part down with a paper towel.

You left out how to get the spores in the syringe. Thats why your post looks so short and simple compared to mine.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Anonymous

#22452 - 06/29/00 09:08 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

True True Mr. Lizard. But i didn't think he was asking how to add in the sporez or mycelium. I thought he was just asking how to sterilize them. I to use 60cc syringes. I forgot to add that i take them all apart and let them soak in simple green for a few minutes them wipe them down or scrub them with a rag. Then rinse them. Sorry but i have been doing it this way for so long i got used to it and it just seemed a little more simple.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures