Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblenice1returns
I am the Holy Shit
 User Gallery

Loc: miwuaki Flag
Home brew
    #22407164 - 10/20/15 03:57 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Any moonshiners here?

I'm looking for help / info on making some fruity tasty and strong home brew?

First I need to gather materials I guess.  I've got a jug but need to buy an airlock and heatpad.  Then I'll buy some wine making yeast and sugar.  I plan to mix this with some supermarket bought fruit juices but not sure exactly how to go about it or recipes.

Any advice?

I'd want it to be over 10% alcohol when brewed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenice1returns
I am the Holy Shit
 User Gallery

Re: Home brew [Re: nice1returns]
    #22407167 - 10/20/15 03:59 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Shit can a mod move this to the brew forum :sorry: didn't even realise there was one here :cool:

Offlinenssurge
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22407217 - 10/20/15 04:58 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

homebrews great fun
just remember to sterilise everything, also get some finings
it might be easier to make a beer or cider first but i dont know

Invisiblenice1returns
I am the Holy Shit
 User Gallery

Re: Home brew [Re: nssurge]
    #22407327 - 10/20/15 06:11 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I bought this kiwi fruit cider today and its amazing.  If I can brew something similar but stronger that would be ideal :smile::thumbup:

Price is crazy here in the uk to buy the stuff.

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #22409434 - 10/20/15 01:48 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I wanna brew this year too, for my first time.

I wanna make cider from apple juice, its best to do it during the winter when temps are cold.

I would start with something simple to brew then get creative with adding other flavors. Just my advice.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineSnowDaze
Probably Relapsing on Heroin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Home, Home Again....
Re: Home brew [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22409639 - 10/20/15 02:43 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Every time I have made hooch it was pretty nasty stuff In my opinion

--------------------
:gd_icon: If you get confused, listen to the music play :gd_icon:

:smugjerry: :feelswierman:

:wook: :barbershreds: :scumbagsteve:

InvisibleDustBunnyM
Male

Re: Home brew (moved) [Re: nice1returns]
    #22410176 - 10/20/15 04:50 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

This thread was moved from Other Drugs Discussion.

Reason:
As requested :chugbeer:

Offlinethewanderer25
Special Karma
 User Gallery

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Home brew (moved) [Re: DustBunny]
    #22415665 - 10/21/15 08:55 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I made some rum one time and it was some good stuff. I boiled some molasses for an hour and then let it cool to room temperature. I then added baker's yeast and put it in a few 1 gallon milk jugs and sealed it with balloons. The balloons will fill up and then you can empty them of gas and it will fill up again. After the milk jugs stop producing gas for 3 days I take them and distal them from a contraption I made. Use copper tubing on a pressure cooker I took the part that pops at high temps and unscrewed it. Then I fit the copper tube into it and sealed it with heat resistant caulking. Then you take the pipe and run it in a circular motion through a bin of ice water and boil the alcohol off. I find it best to just turn the heat up all the way and throw the first part out. It will take hours to distill enough to fill a jar though and its still super strong.

It will make your house stink for at least 3 days its so strong when my friend came by he thought the house was on fire or at least burning from the intense aroma of rum boiling. The rum was good though it tasted very sweet more so than bacardi. It was also very intoxicating it had me very drunk off a few shots. Overall it cost 100 dollars for a set up and its a lot of time you spend distilling it and collecting it and one gallon only fills half a mason jar. For 100 dollars I could buy kraken and thats the best drink ive ever had its a fun hobby but it will not save you cash or time moonshiners only make money if they set up a large scale operation mine was small as can be.

However the rum was good it had a very strong taste and was much more murky than bacardi. It was authentic rum I would drink it over bacardi anyday kraken is the only competition I think it has.

--------------------

Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

Re: Home brew (moved) [Re: thewanderer25] * 1
    #22416030 - 10/21/15 10:33 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

you did not make rum..

you fermented molasses, like mead but with molasses. that is far from rum.

we just finished off my batch of hard cider.. yeast and straight apple juice is the cripspiest cider.. fuck adding a shitload of sugar.

--------------------

Offlinethewanderer25
Special Karma
 User Gallery

Re: Home brew (moved) [Re: rackem]
    #22420525 - 10/22/15 09:47 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

So I distilled mead? lol do they even sell mead liqueur?

--------------------

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Daid
Re: Home brew (moved) [Re: thewanderer25]
    #22420958 - 10/22/15 11:36 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe to people that aren't teenagers

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

InvisibleOeric McKenna
LIFE CAPS

Loc: Babylon Flag
Re: Home brew (moved) [Re: azur]
    #22421084 - 10/23/15 12:20 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

OP
I'll help you through the process... I've been breing for a long time and have brewing awards.
What yeast you use is critical to the resulting strength

--------------------

spread love
love is everything
2013 finds
medicinal psilocybin tincture drops
cannabis pics

Invisiblenice1returns
I am the Holy Shit
 User Gallery

Re: Home brew (moved) [Re: Oeric McKenna]
    #22421255 - 10/23/15 02:00 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Sweet :cool::thumbup:  Cheers man, what yeast do you suggest?  Any recipes?

I'm basically out to make something fruity and tasty and not too complex.

I have brewed turbo yeast in the past and wine but I'm a novice.  The homebrew I made before tasted like ass and put me on my ass too but not in a good way.  I brewed up turbo yeast and mixed it with cordial :crazy2::crazy:

Offlinethewanderer25
Special Karma
 User Gallery

Re: Home brew (moved) [Re: nice1returns]
    #22421896 - 10/23/15 08:31 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Ive heard champagne yeast is best but im no expert.

--------------------

OfflineSnowDaze
Probably Relapsing on Heroin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Home, Home Again....
Re: Home brew (moved) [Re: thewanderer25]
    #22422551 - 10/23/15 11:30 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think it... Maybe I'm wrong tho...

Did you get kicked of of chem class yet?

--------------------
:gd_icon: If you get confused, listen to the music play :gd_icon:

:smugjerry: :feelswierman:

:wook: :barbershreds: :scumbagsteve:

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Home brew (moved) [Re: rackem]
    #22424072 - 10/23/15 06:02 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

rackem said:
you did not make rum..

you fermented molasses, like mead but with molasses. that is far from rum.

we just finished off my batch of hard cider.. yeast and straight apple juice is the cripspiest cider.. fuck adding a shitload of sugar.

Thats awesome!

I wanna make some cider this year. I have a small brew kit just itching to be used.

Can you elaborate on the entire process?

InvisibleZymosis
Carbon Based Lifeform
Male User Gallery

Re: Home brew (moved) [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22429991 - 10/24/15 11:00 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

You can ferment anything with sugar.  I've been brewing for a few years, mostly mead and fruit wines.  About to crack open a year old bottle of maple syrup wine :cool:

At the very basic level, you boil some water and then lower it to a simmer.  Add your fermenting material (honey, syrup, fruit juice, whatever) while stirring it in the whole time.  Throw in a handful of chopped raisins as a nutrient for your yeast.  I usually let it simmer uncovered for an hour while stirring every so often to make sure it sterilizes.  Once it cools down for about an hour, pour it into your fermenter, then add water to fill to a few inches from the top and cover with the airlock (fill the airlock with vodka).

I usually do 1 gallon batches since I experiment a lot, so I initially boil a half gallon of water, add my fermenting material, then top off in the fermenter.  I usually wait until the next day to add the yeast.  I just pour it in and let it do its thing.  Takes a couple of days to start fermentation.  You can use bakers yeast but it makes the alcohol taste harsh, so you're best off getting yeast from a brew store.  Experiment with different yeast strains each time because they each have their own characteristics.  Even try baker's yeast if you're adventurous.

After a week or two when the fermentation bubbles stop, siphon into a secondary fermenter to let age for a few months.  Make sure you are careful to leave behind sediment.  At this stage I will add stuff if I want to flavor.  For example, if I made a mead with honey I usually add 2 deseeded and deveined jalapenos and a half of a sliced cucumber.  Since the drink is alcoholic at this stage it should be fine to leave the flavoring additives in during aging.  The worst that can happen is the alcohol turns to vinegar (which has never happened to me).  I always sterilize ALL equipment during every stage though, very important.

Check out Whole Foods for their one gallon glass jugs of apple juice.  They are sold in the same one gallon glass jugs you would get at a brew store for about the same price, but they are full of apple juice which you can ferment lol.  I bought a bunch of them and used a different strain of yeast for each.  Since they are pasteurized I didn't even bother with boiling the juice and just added my yeast and airlock.  These one gallon jugs are great to have on hand for experimentation.  I save the 5 gallon equipment for tried and true recipes.

--------------------

InvisibleZymosis
Carbon Based Lifeform
Male User Gallery

Re: Home brew (moved) [Re: Zymosis]
    #22430004 - 10/24/15 11:02 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

btw I've always brewed at room temperature throughout the year.  In the beginning I fussed over temperatures, but I found that as long as you're comfortable you're fine.  Lager yeasts are the only yeasts I've needed to brew during winter in an unheated room lol

--------------------

Offlinethewanderer25
Special Karma
 User Gallery

#22430045 - 10/24/15 11:12 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

You guys are nasty I would never drink homebrew unless it was distilled. Seriously I took a few sips from the stuff ive made and its absolutely disgusting. But after I distill it and make it 100 proof its actually good stuff and it gets you drunk quick.

--------------------

InvisibleZymosis
Carbon Based Lifeform
Male User Gallery

#22430055 - 10/24/15 11:17 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Also, you mentioned you want your alcohol to be above 10%.  Google is your friend when figuring out sugar content of what you are brewing.  I also highly recommend getting a hydrometer and learning how to use it.  You want to use the hydrometer with a wine thief to measure the gravity before and after fermentation.  Basically, the higher the sugar content and depending on the yeast, the stronger the drink will be.  If the sugar content is too high for the yeast, the yeast will stop at a certain point when the alcohol starts killing it off, leaving you with a drink with a higher sugar content.  Some yeast strains are more alcohol resistant than others.  Google any yeast strain you plan to work with to try to predict this more accurately.

--------------------

Edited by Zymosis (10/24/15 11:26 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains