Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Communion with your Higher Self?
    #2236326 - 01/12/04 02:16 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Being on the path of self-discovery like all other humans, there comes special moments when I feel as if my consciousness is in an altered state.

In this altered state, my Higher Self shines though, uneffected by my Ego, and all the problems associated with Ego (doubt, self-consciousness, fear, cravings, unecessary judgements).

In these states, my Higher Self communicates with my Lower Self, and I tend to learn a great deal.

Originally I thought this was channeling from another being outside of me, and I wrote down every message it gave to me. Such things were how to heal my relationship with my significant other, how to heal my body, profound insights regarding Science, Philosophy, Spirituality, and Politics. New creative forms of thought, etc.

Eventually, through more indepth contact, and further understanding I learned that this is my Higher Self.

I'm very curious, does anyone else here have similiar experiences in where they can contact their Higher Self? A sort of Christ Consciousness, if you will?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Communion with your Higher Self? [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2236517 - 01/12/04 05:30 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'll have times when I can bring myself to have a feeling of a strong altered consciousness.. just thinking certain thoughts, pulling up memories of other times I was aware.. its almost just the way you look at things through your eyes...

People who think all sorts of negative shit, the world sucks and everyone hates me and my life sucks, etc, are going to treat incoming information from their senses in that light... I like to try to keep myself centered around these certain collections of thoughts I've built up.. regarding the perspective I keep, how I am feeling, how I treat new experiences... my term for the state of mind is "cosmicness". It just feels like the right word. :grin:

As for the Higher Self thing.. I've never got that feeling, but when I'm in that state of mind, it feels like the true me, so to speak.. maybe that is what you mean.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

Re: Communion with your Higher Self? [Re: tekramrepus]
    #2237026 - 01/12/04 12:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hey supermarket, i can completely understand where you're coming from. have you ever read any of nietzsche's work? if you haven't i recommend twilight of the idols, i think you'd be able to really relate to his philosophy. the term "will to power" is especially important to nietzsche's works and it seems like this is almost what you're describing when you speak of your "higher self." will to power in essence means that you are living in harmony with what is your true self. often the ego stands in our way and is a great hinderance to our true selves. fear for a number of reasons causes us to either bury our raw instincts or to modify them to be more socially acceptable, and in doing this we fail to be unified with what is our true self. in turn its my belief that those of us who truly indulge their inhibitions such as fear the least are those of us who shine the brightest.

nietzsche also stresses the fact that to live by some moral code of conduct is to defy our own very nature. he basically states that our instincts are right, even though they may not manifest themselves in a way that they appear so. the greatest men among men are those who trust their instincts and listen to their higher self carefully and hear the voice clearly. i tend to imagine jimi hendrix when i think of great men, or in nietzsche's terms the ubermich or superman. to play like he did and to write lyrics like he did i can't even imagine. somehow he became so himself that everything he did was without thinking, like he himself and his being was a flawless manifestation of his mind and spirit. i dunno though, i haven't read up in while but i guarantee i'll be here more often now that i'm back in school, as a philosophy major. i'd love to hear more about your higher self and what you think about it in light of what i've said, or if what i've said seems like total crap.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Communion with your Higher Self? [Re: benjamin]
    #2239696 - 01/13/04 04:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

sounds very much like what i was trying to say, ill look into him, thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom