Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Improve your mental well-being the natural way
    #2234844 - 01/11/04 02:13 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

With flowers!

Dr. Edward Bach dedicated his life to finding simple and natural remedies.. that were used for treating not physical ailments, but mental, psychological, and emotional dysfunctions. In short, he utilized and categorized about 50 different 'remedies' that are made from flowers prepared by soaking in water in the sun, and mixing with a 40% brandy as a preservative. The end result is a 'tincture' of concentrated flower essence, which is taken orally once or twice a day.

It treats ailments ranging from mental torture, intolerance, hopelessness and despair, to self-pity and resentment.

Spiffy first turned me on to this.. I have experimented with one flower remedy, and I felt very noticeable change in mood and overall healthy thoughts after even the first dose.

Improve your inner balance the natural way... with the essence of flowers, that which is natural.

A list of his different remedies - http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm

Bach Centre FAQ - http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/faq.htm

The average bottle costs about $6, and if you apply a drop or two a day (recommended dose) it should last you for at least a year.. that is if you use it every day which I never did. Actually the recommended method of administering, is to put like 10 drops in a bottle of water, and take a sip or two in the morning.. should last a week or so. This is more for long-term.. I would just put a drop straight onto the tongue.
You can find these tinctures at most "whole foods market", "fresh fields" or similar health food stores. There is a bach flower essence locator on the site, where you can find the retailer closest to you.

Have a great day!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Improve your mental well-being the natural way [Re: Shroomism]
    #2234870 - 01/11/04 02:25 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Wow Shroomism. There seems to be a remedy for everything.

I found a local distributor 3 miles from home! Going there now to pick up some remedies...

Thanks, I'll write a report on how these remedies have affected me.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Improve your mental well-being the natural way [Re: daba]
    #2234880 - 01/11/04 02:31 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Dr Bach wrote a book on the best way to use the remedies. I didn't read all of it, but one thing I do remember is that he said to NOT use more than 4 or 5 remedies at once.

The suggested method is to start with one or two, and take them for a week or so, until you notice the effects. Then try experimenting with different ones until you find the combination that works best for you. The idea is that some remedies will work great for some people, and not so good for others. So you want to find the ones that work best for you, and weed out the ones that dont do much. To do that you need to try them one or two at a time, so you can tell the difference. If you start off taking 4 or 5, you will not know which ones are doing what.

Personally, Sweet Chestnut got me out of a nihilistic, negative, hating the world and myself rut. I was simply amazed at the effects of such a simple thing. But it makes sense to me on a subconscious level, because when I was younger I was taught that we humans would find more natural ways of healing, through the use of "signature DNA codes" from certain plants that have a 'signature code'..

--------------------

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #2234890 - 01/11/04 02:36 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the recomendation!  :thumbup:

On a side note:

By the looks of it, Dr. Edward Bach didn't seem too interested in finding the complex and unatural remedies.  :wink:

I wish he would take all those "naturals" out of there like it implies it is somehow a special word.  And it might also be helpful to know what he means by natural and why it is more natural than any other natural remedies.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Improve your mental well-being the natural way [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #2234906 - 01/11/04 02:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

By the looks of it, Dr. Edward Bach didn't seem too interested in finding the complex and unatural remedies.

Ya.. I think the pharmaceutical companies more than got that covered  :wink:

As for his espousing of his product as 'natural'..I think there is very good reason. - http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/simple.htm

I don't think it's any more natural than any other natural remedy. But I stand behind any natural remedy that works. Whether it be accupuncture, massage therapy, herbal healing, etc.

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2237483 - 01/12/04 03:54 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

OK I  picked up some of the Rescue Remedy, which contains Impatiens, Star of Bethlehem, Cherry Plum, Rock Rose, and Clemantis. Let's see how this performs :thumbup:.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
    #2237507 - 01/12/04 04:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

nice post shroomism. :laugh:

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2240436 - 01/13/04 10:39 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well after 2 days of usage and about 20 or so drops of the "Rescue Remedy" I have come up with some brief conclusions:

1. I felt better, almost instantaneously, and continued to feel better throughout the past few days. These feelings, however, can be attributed to a placebo effect.

2. Recently I am feeling back to "normal" again about life, but Bach remedies are homeopathic, so only time will tell.

Afterword: I will continue taking the Rescue Remedy and update this thread whenever I feel necessary.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #2240672 - 01/14/04 12:36 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

are these in any way addictive or dangerous?? i know pharmaceutical company's products are way worse than anything else out there but i don't even want to start drinking coffee because i don't want to depend on it to wake up. i'm going to find a place to pick some of these things up, thanks shroomism, i'll let you all know if anything works.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

#2240724 - 01/14/04 01:03 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

after reading the different remedies i get a feeling that all of this remedy talk is BS. i still want to try it but i think that my hopes have only risen to fall and shatter. "it's too good to be true" comes into play here.

well, if anybody else has tried these i'd be very curious to know if there are any positive effects.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Improve your mental well-being the natural way [Re: TODAY]
    #2243010 - 01/14/04 11:56 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

well, the chinese have been using herbs and flowers with great success for thousands of years in medicine. addictive or dangerous? about as dangerous as water... maybe a little more :tongue:

although I have not tried all the remedies so I cannot say for sure. however Dr Bach made these remedies in the late 1800s I believe, and they are still around, if that tells you anything. What I do know is that I tried one remedy for a short period of time and it did exactly what it said it would and I have not felt the need to use it since. I am going to experiment with more of them soon.

the remedies are labelled according to what their most dramatic effect has been noted. Your mileage may vary. However, no harm can come from taking flower extracts. The only thing to lose from trying them is nothing. It's a very natural and positive way of healing. In short I have only heard of positive effects from herbal and flower medicine for health. Never heard.. oh man that ginseng fucked my liver up.. or that garlic made me blind. This is just another form of natural medicine.

daba I think 20 drops in two days may be overkill but whatever floats your boat. Let us know how it progresses. By the way the placebo effect is just as effective as most modern medicines

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2243030 - 01/15/04 12:04 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Agreed, Shroomism.

The rescue remedy's mixture is just about what I need.

I've cut down to 8 drops a day. I really do have a generally positive outlook on life now :cool:.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2243044 - 01/15/04 12:11 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

and how is it compared to a week or two ago?

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2243305 - 01/15/04 03:47 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Definately improvement.
It is hard to say, since I extremely sick last week.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2258040 - 01/20/04 10:33 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I got some rescue remedy today.. very good stuff.. calmed my nerves and did help with the stress like it says.. but I learned something.. that rescue remedy is not for long term.. it is only for short term stress relief and such... for the more effective long term ones you need stuff like gentien, water chestnut, etc, etc..

--------------------

OfflineOtto
observer

Loc: the middle of somewhere
    #2259136 - 01/21/04 07:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Bach flower remedies are the shit! I started using them in the summer of 2002 and it was really noticable the way they worked. What is really interesting is if you pay attention to your dreams after taking a remedy for the first time.

The first time I used the bach flowers I was physically very sick and had also been suffering from the abondonment of a very good female friend. When I took the remedies for the first time I could feel an imediate change in conciousness. It was very subtle, but it was there. The first night after taking the remedies I had an incredibly intense dream about this girl and there seemed to be a resolution the next morning. I felt different. The next two nights were followed by dreams about earlier negative events that had happened in my life.

Shroomism, I've been using the rescue remedy cream the past couple of days after some tramua came up between my parents (they are divorced, but usually on good terms) and the effect was immediate. I was feeling very uptight and overwhelmed, but became relaxed after using the cream. Rescue remedy is great, but like you said rescue is only temporary.

After reading some of the posts in this forum I have been tempeted to suggest the remedies multiple times... it's good to see there are others that are open to such things. In my case they have really been a catalyst for healing, and for spiritual progress.

Otto

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: Improve your mental well-being the natural way [Re: Otto]
    #2260427 - 01/21/04 04:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i'm sold, so where do i get them now...thanks for the excellent info shroomism!! can i get them at a Safeway type store or do i have to find one of those all natural stores? also, will the remedies be labeled "Doctor Bach" or will they just list incredients?...how do i know i will get the right stuff?

the list i'd like to try from the Bach website is:
(in order of greatest to least)
mimulus
larch
gorse
maybe agrimony

anybody had expereince with these ones? can i get these ones at a regular grocery store?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

OfflineOtto
observer

Loc: the middle of somewhere
Re: Improve your mental well-being the natural way [Re: TODAY]
    #2260736 - 01/21/04 06:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Today - You can find them at most health food stores. I'm not sure if they have a Whole Foods where you live, but they sell them there.

Larch is an interesting remedy. It definately improves confidence, but I think it can be overused. We put too much emphasis on the external. Look deeper once the Larch issues are resolved. It will be interesting to tell the difference before and after Larch. Observe the way you approach situations now and after taking Larch. There will be a noticable difference.

Mimulus is good if you have a fear that you can pinpoint. Ie.. fear of flying. Aspen is better for those with unknown fear that you can't pinpoint. Aspen people are often sensitives and lack the "armor" to filter incoming data (which can happen after a drug experience ie.. shrooms).

I've never used Gorse before, but I have used Agrimony. I'm the classic "try to put on happy face person" (or I was). Agrimony helps you see that the dark side of life is just as much a part of life as the light side.

A great book on the remedies is Bach Flower Therapy by Mechthild Scheffer. It's probibly the most referenced book of my entire library.

Otti

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2261067 - 01/21/04 08:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Otto sounds like you've read the book... I haven't so all my knowledge on this matter comes from personal experience with the remedies or secondhand knowledge I know about herbs. Gorse is probably the next remedy on my list.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

#2263191 - 01/22/04 03:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the info otto...but the bach page says mimulus is for shyness.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder