Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebillster84
fungi-consumi

friend's first time...
    #2233039 - 01/10/04 10:33 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

ok, i have somehow gotten my friend to take mushrooms for the first time. i have tripped 50 to 60 times myself so i think i would be a good enough guide. a little background info on her: she is pretty hardcore christian, never done drugs or drinken anything, but she is amazingly loving ans spiritual. i want her to experience a meaningful trip which would mean some kind of middleground dosage between mild visuals and a complete loss of reality. i don't want to scare her and i don't want to bore her. also, i was wondering what kind of tripping environment you guys think would be condusive to a spiritual first time. any other advice would be much appreciated. thanks guys.

--------------------
...in the middle of a world on a fish hook.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYesItsMe
Homeless GOHOME !...
Loc: Working for Piss ;...
Re: friend's first time... [Re: billster84]
    #2233148 - 01/10/04 11:56 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

For a first time , never take more than 3.5g dried , u dont know how she will react to this drug , be really really careful , that's my opinion!
And a spiritual trip for a first trip is called a bad trip for many people , especially for those who aren't accustomed to hallucinogen drugs .

--------------------
God save the Queen

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
    #2233236 - 01/10/04 01:12 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, 3.5g sounds like a perfect dosage. My most spiritual trips are when the light is fairly dim. I guess just be in the most comfortable environment possible...kind of a weird topic :laugh: Peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2233275 - 01/10/04 01:30 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'd recommend less than 3.5 g.

My first trip was 3.5g dried, and I'd had many other psychedelic experiences.
It blew my doors off. I'd say 2.0 - 2.5 tops. She won't be bored, and even if it doesn't change reality for her, it can make the context of discussing spiritual things more beautiful - which is what so much of it is about for me. Even if she could do more, there shouldn't be a rush. I'm sure it'll interest her enough to do again, and better that than scaring her off.

I wish I knew a sincere Christian who'd do shrooms with me. I bet it'd be fascinating.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Edited by valour (01/10/04 01:32 PM)

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2233297 - 01/10/04 01:38 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with valour. 2.0 -2.5g. If the mushrooms are good, that won't bore her at all.

"I'm sure it'll interest her enough to do again, and better that than scaring her off."
:thumbup:

Edit: My first trip was 2g and it was very intense. I was really happy that I didn't take 3.5g.

Edited by Annom (01/10/04 01:40 PM)

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
    #2233526 - 01/10/04 04:19 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

man, don't make mushies her first drug...she might freak out. Id say everybody should start with alcohol or weed, just to get used to the alteration of consiousness certain drugs can bring you to...

Ive never known anyone who has had a great spiritual trip on their first time, including me. My first few trips had nothing spiritual or mystical, only visuals and laughter...The Mushrooms have to get used to you or sometn, and decide if they can transmit their knowledge to you or not. Thats why some people see nothing spiritual about em :wink:  (just a quick theory hehe)

Anyways if shes really decided to try em, start with a gram. Shell probably get a good laugh, but she might be nervous too...after all, the state of consciousness on mushies is pretty special, and nothing like sober reality :tongue:

Offlinecrazychemist
Spreader ofSpores

#2233620 - 01/10/04 05:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

3.5g is too much for her first IMHO.  I took 3.5g of my homegrown on new years in a combo with brownies, smoked weed, booze, and a few whippits.  Hardest trip ever.  3 hour mind blank, all I know is I was on a bed with my eyes closed thinking I was going nuts.  Everthing was alright, but holy shit did I trip hard.  I'd give her half and eight if it your homegrown stuff.  I never ttrip as hard on mushies I buy from others.  Good luck! :wink:

--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2233762 - 01/10/04 06:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

First time, 2.0 grams.  If she wants more she can always have more during the trip. 

Put it in chocolate or some way to easily consume them.

I think the best setting is in the daytime with lots of close friends (and only close friends).  Lots of music, things to do, places to escape to and chill out.  Dont eat for a few hours beforehand, but have food ready or order pizza later... dont drink booze if you want anything remotely spiritual.  Most of all, Have fun and let it flow.  :smile:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Anonymous

#2233888 - 01/10/04 08:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

does she actually want to do it? or is she just sick of you pressuring her into it? thats the vibe I get from your post anyways I could be completely wrong...if she actually does want to do it I would say 1 gram to start

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: friend's first time... [Re: ]
    #2234066 - 01/10/04 11:22 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I say have her try ganja first in order to intruduce her to the idea and feel of psychedelic drugs, although I'm not really one to talk, as LSD was my first illegal drug experience, but it still would probably be a good idea. I would recommend 1.5 to 1 G if she is going to try them though.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlinebillster84
fungi-consumi

Re: friend's first time... [Re: ]
    #2234097 - 01/10/04 11:47 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

only asked her once, i wouldn't let her do it if i sensed she didn't want to...

--------------------
...in the middle of a world on a fish hook.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #2234662 - 01/11/04 10:51 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I say make 3.5 grams worth of tea and let her drink 1g first. I dont think this is enough for a good trip but I've seen people trip hard off less, you dont want to give her too much or not enough...

Make sure shes on an empty stomach for the tea. With the tea she wont mind the taste and will have greatly reduced stomach issues. Also much quicker comeup so you can deside more accurately if she needs more. Like 45mins after she drinks it if shes not tripping good/enough give her another .5g, and just keep doing that to hit a nice level. You can even get a nice long trip going or greatly extended trip. Plus less anxiety since all shrooms dont hit at once :smile:

Thats the most enjoyable 1st experience in my opinion (that can be planned). Plan it so you can see the sunrise/set :sun:

I dont believe in the step-by-step thing that you need to try pot first etc. Besides it backs up the gateway theory. But if this girl is hardcore religious and shes nervious about trying a drug and stuff like that you might just want to try and convince her that the bible is pro-pot (which I believe) and to start off with that. If shes cool with pot then you guys can smoke at the end of the trip which will be that much cooler :thumbup:

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
Re: friend's first time... [Re: DailyPot]
    #2237595 - 01/12/04 05:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I personaly would never give a newbie more than 2g's to begin with.

An 1/8th would be scaring her away. You have plenty of time to up the dosage on later trips.

Entice, and withdraw.

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: friend's first time... [Re: RuNE]
    #2237669 - 01/12/04 06:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

ya id tell them to take like 2 grams
an 8th is alot for someone unexperianced e/ any drug
just give her a nice taste

--------------------

Offlinetelamahooka
journeyman

#2270175 - 01/25/04 12:45 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

marshmellow took almost a full eighth 2.5-3g's his first time and he was having a very intense trip even though hes been fine on dxm w/bud.give her a 1/2 eighth because she will still have a few visuals here and there. and if she looking for more smoke some bud, because if shes willing to shroom she should be fine with weed.it'll intensify the trip but it won't make her go insane and freak out.

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man"-doctor johnson

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: friend's first time... [Re: telamahooka]
    #2273519 - 01/26/04 01:26 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well for me its easier to freak out if I smoke weed with the shrooms, psilocybine is the smoothest drug I've ever tried, but I wouldnt give a newbie more than 2g-2.5g to begin with. I dont think she has to have tried other drugs before shrooms... that would just make it less spiritual and magical, wouldnt it? Just imagine the first time your on something its shrooms, it would be like 10 times more amazing than if you've tried other stuff before. For a spiritual trip I would say tripping outside at a safe spot with a beautifull view would be the best... the spiritual aspect of trips allways comes from the conversation and the vibes (in my eaxperience), so you could have some nice view to look at and a nice conversation about everything and anything between heaven and earth.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: friend's first time... [Re: filthysock]
    #2273521 - 01/26/04 01:27 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

PS.
keep us updated on what happens!

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag