Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Is *any* light required at various stages?
    #22302 - 06/27/00 09:25 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
Re: Is *any* light required at various stages? [Re: psilocyber]
    #22304 - 06/27/00 09:25 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

while in the colonizing stage, they need NO light. i keep mine in complete darkness. when you're ready to fruit them, then they should have a little. don't need much, just enough that you can see them. light isn't that big of a deal. people worry about it a lot, and it's one of the smallest details in the process.

Link

------------------
How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.
-Albert Einstein

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

#22305 - 06/27/00 09:26 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

damn, you beat me :wink:

------------------
How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.
-Albert Einstein

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

OfflineRu
    #22306 - 06/27/00 09:27 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

During colonization i usuall place jars on a heating pad on low in a pitch black cabinate. After they are fully colonized and you birth them birth meaning give light upon and start the growing porcess of mature mushrooms. Id say enough light to see them while growing 8-12 hours a day if you ar not using sun light thats fine anylight will do i sugest incondesent just becasue florecent lights blink on and off 60 times a sec if you live in the US. Incondecent lights are just regular bulbs that you find anywhere(they are closer to natural light)

OfflineMud

#22307 - 06/27/00 02:34 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

"While they are colonizing they NEED to be in complete darkness"

I take mine out the box like every day to see how they're doing and they're usually OK. Would they be happier if i quit doing this?

--------------------
======================

"Flying Dick"

I can't drive
And now my index finger
Shows up in my nose.

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

#22308 - 06/27/00 06:56 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Light isn't really going to hurt them during the colonization phase. the only adverse effects you might get are premature fruiting. unless that starts happening, i wouldn't worry about it.

Link

------------------
-Albert Einstein

--------------------

Anonymous

#22309 - 06/27/00 07:45 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I have jars that are in total light 24/7 during germination and colonization. It makes no difference. The mycellium is blind.
A little blue light is helpful to promote morphisis but basically, if they are getting even a couple hours of filtered, natural light a day, you should be ok.

------------------
Visit the Spore Lab at: http://www.sunshine.net/www/1700/sn1730
It's a trip you'll never forget!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags