Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMax1
Maxamil
Male

Dont waste that mycelium after birth !!
    #2230077 - 01/09/04 12:00 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I dont know if anyone else does this so I thought i would post it.
After birthing a few cakes I was looking at all that mycel left in the jars. Im a miser and hated to just throw it away so i thought about how to collect it but after a half hearted attempt in my glovebox, I scrapped the idea. But after a while i did come up with a full prove way to use it.

Take your PF or grain or what ever your using jars and just before they are ready to birth make up new jars the same size as the jars that are ready..
I did this with 6 PF cakes and I made up 6 WBS jars, pressure cooked and ready to inoculate.
Set 1 of your ready to birth jars and one of your fresh new jars on a clean table ( if your clean you can do this on your kitchen table )
Crack both jars open just lose and smack them on the table to free them up and keep them upside down on the table.
Now remove the jar from the birthed cake. Dont turn it over, leave it
upside down and with the other hand screw off the new jar and set it aside (the substrate will keep its shape) and replace it with the mycel jar.
Tighten and incubate. All 6 of my jars made it and are now done and cased.

Talk about fast colinizing !!! Garenteed will be done in 5 days
Try it, I wont birth another jar with out swaping it out. Im not as knowlegable about the indepth degredation of cloning yet and would like any knowlegable person that has an idea as to how far you could go with a jar till it would fail, give me some idea but im sure it is several. If this is even considered cloning. Im not sure.

Max

Edited by Max1 (01/09/04 12:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestoner2002
Stoner

Re: Dont waste that mycelium after birth !! [Re: Max1]
    #2230151 - 01/09/04 12:50 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You could be onto something.  Who cares about degeneration if youve got fully colonized jars in 5 days.  :laugh:

OfflineMikeHuntShrooms
enthusiast

#2230160 - 01/09/04 01:00 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

thats pretty cool but i was shakey on exactly what u mean.. your saying put the leftover mycelium from 1 jar in 1 jar of the new substrate and incubate? and then the mycelium will continue to grow over the new substrate immediatly?

--------------------
Click this link now!
http://venus.walagata.com/w/mikehuntshrooms/scream.jpg

Offlinestoner2002
Stoner

Re: Dont waste that mycelium after birth !! [Re: MikeHuntShrooms]
    #2230167 - 01/09/04 01:04 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Same here mike. Could you please go into anal retentive detail?

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
    #2230371 - 01/09/04 03:34 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

As I understand it...

There is always some mycelium left on the jar walls when taking the colonized substrate out for fruiting. Instead of wasting this you can used it to inoculate some new jars or in this case A new jar. However instead of moving myceliumto the new jar move the new substrate to the old jar. Sort of like a reverse transfer I guess.

It is recommended that you don't do more than 2-3 successive G-2-G transfers so I would presume the same here. However, the mycelium stuck to teh jar tends to be the oldest and I would say the least viable. I think after doing it once you should return to inoculating new jars. Not a bad suggestion though.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #2230374 - 01/09/04 03:37 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

sound contamfull to me.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineMax1
Maxamil
Male

Re: Dont waste that mycelium after birth !! [Re: Psychoslut]
    #2230497 - 01/09/04 06:54 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yes thats correct, there is always mycel left in the jars after birth.
Dont try and remove the mycel just reuse the whole jar.
And as far as contams, not if you carfull and way less exsposed than in a grain to grain transfer. none of mine contamed and i took no special care...did it on my CLEAN kitchen table...the jars are always upside down while doing it and only open to the air for 5 seconds.

Trust me it works and it VERY fast.

Max

Offlinefungulus
    #2230565 - 01/09/04 07:50 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've done similar experiments with grain transfer techniques and with spawning teks to see how far I could push the colonized spawn without contamination. I just put the spawn into freezer bags and crumble it and put it in the incubator for a few days. Your idea is very intriguing to me Max1. I didn't even think of that goo thats left on the sides of the jars. I do my transfers to new jars of millet in a bleach cleaned bathroom w/Hepa filter (bathroom/glovebox tech), so I'm a little more careful than you (but when spawning to poo, I don't even clean my kitchen, just Lysol a counter to work on) . I have had minimal contamination as well and have also found out some interesting points as to substrate density. The denser your shit is, the more rhizomorphic the growth is (literally looks like ice crystals). I have spawned 1 pint of mycelium to 6 pint jars of poo, no problem. Hmmm, I wonder how far you can stretch that jar goo? Worth looking into, me thinks.

OfflineMax1
Maxamil
Male

Re: Dont waste that mycelium after birth !! [Re: fungulus]
    #2230575 - 01/09/04 07:57 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The speed comes from the fact that the mycel is ALL OVER the inside of that jar. When you set that jar down on top of fresh substrate you in fact are colinizing the entire out side all at once. it is wild to see. you go from day 1 to day 15 intstantly the minute the jar is lowered on to it. Even if you cant see alot of mycel in the jar, its there.

OfflineMax1
Maxamil
Male

#2231518 - 01/09/04 03:22 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

MikeHuntShrooms, stoner2002:
You 2 understand now or is there a part you need explained better?
I will try.

Max

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Dont waste that mycelium after birth !! [Re: fungulus]
    #2232804 - 01/10/04 04:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"The denser your shit is, the more rhizomorphic the growth is (literally looks like ice crystals)."

Are you sure about that? I've always taken the view that rhizomorphism was attributable to genetic factors (e.g cloned rhizomorhic growth exhibits rhizomorphic vigour). Have you ever tried cloning or isolating the rhizomorphic growth that occurs due to substrate density seeing if it exhibits the same features of standard, random rhizomorhophism?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate