Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKornutz420
the guy
Male User Gallery
Loc: ohio Flag
supplies for a mycologist.....
    #22282006 - 09/24/15 02:28 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

ive got 1 successful grow under my belt. trying for a 3rd flush of my first jar.  weather that happens or not, we will see....but my question is, what is the most important equipment for someone that is really into this?  now, i have been getting my grains and casings from a buddy of mine that i meant thru here, cause i havent got a PC yet.  i just bought one though.  but what do i need really to be able to grow and keep growing.  whenever i feel i want to?  and is there anything special that i could get that would come in handy for cultivation of other types of mushrooms, other than the magical variety?  i have caught the myco bug....its a really sweet hobby, and unlike growing bud, its pretty cheap once u have the equipment.  and its sweet s hell just watching everything happen.  nothing like plants.  i really like that aspect of it.    btw, i have reishi and lions/shaggy mane coming soon too.  dont plan on growing them yet, cuz im not positive how, but i will once i get the basics down.  any input on this would be great.

--------------------
to weird to live, to rare to die

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheKingofLimbs
In Rainbows

Re: supplies for a mycologist..... [Re: Kornutz420]
    #22282030 - 09/24/15 02:41 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Agar and Culturing Tools - I have been reading and reading, and one thing that I see in common with a lot of grows is that an isolate is created in order to obtain better genetics for larger flushes.

Pastywhyte's agar tek is awesome - Can't wait until I receive my stuff in the mail.

Although agar is another step, it teaches you good sterile technique, it allows you to select healthy genetics, it teaches you about cultivation, and it's fun too.

--------------------
The Newb Forum

InvisibleLocN9ne
ɢᄋᄋd ԲᄋЯ ᄁᄋȚᅢΙᄁɢ ᄂᄋ₩ᄂΙԲᄐ
 User Gallery

Loc: to the brain Flag
Re: supplies for a mycologist..... [Re: TheKingofLimbs]
    #22282040 - 09/24/15 02:50 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Vermiculite and gypsum...with those two things you are always one step away from mushrooms.

--------------------

Q&A
US vs. THEM

The more I learn, the less I know.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: supplies for a mycologist..... [Re: LocN9ne]
    #22282046 - 09/24/15 03:01 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I never use vermiculite. And only use gypsum/lime in my casing every one in awhile.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisibleLocN9ne
ɢᄋᄋd ԲᄋЯ ᄁᄋȚᅢΙᄁɢ ᄂᄋ₩ᄂΙԲᄐ
 User Gallery

Loc: to the brain Flag
Re: supplies for a mycologist..... [Re: tahoe]
    #22282050 - 09/24/15 03:07 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Amateur lives matter...dang

--------------------

Q&A
US vs. THEM

The more I learn, the less I know.

OfflineKornutz420
the guy
Male User Gallery
Loc: ohio Flag
Re: supplies for a mycologist..... [Re: LocN9ne]
    #22282080 - 09/24/15 03:41 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

yea i am waiting on agar and petri dishes.  and i have some LC and test tubes for later on in the process coming too.  im not sure about isolating yet, but im sure i can get the hang of it sooner or later. honestly, i dont even know the principles behind it, where to take the sample from out of the agar and what the reasoning is for taking it out of "that" place and not another...ive read alot on here, and have been trying things on my own just cuz i want to see what happens.  and how mycelium react to things.  but as far as actual isolation and cloning i dont know much.  if anyone can point me to a tek or any direction for that matter, id really enjoy it.  and if u would actually be able totalk with me thru the process.....even better......i am much in need of fellow mycologist(wannabe).

--------------------
to weird to live, to rare to die

OfflineTheKingofLimbs
In Rainbows

#22282154 - 09/24/15 04:52 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

There is this roger rabbit guy that I found a video of... I am new to this forum, but I remember him talking about it in his Let's Grow Mushrooms DVD. I actually lost my copy... FAIL... but he goes through it with you. It's like 8 or 9 bucks I think. It's a good buy. He's like the Jesus of Shroom Growing.

--------------------
The Newb Forum

Offlineaerow.thefox
professional amatuer
 User Gallery

Loc: living w/dimensional elve...
Re: supplies for a mycologist..... [Re: TheKingofLimbs]
    #22282892 - 09/24/15 09:42 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheKingofLimbs said:
There is this roger rabbit guy that I found a video of... He's like the Jesus of Shroom Growing.

:rofl2:

--------------------
need a pc build list? i got you

InvisibleBuck513

#22283131 - 09/24/15 10:31 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Kornutz420 said:
yea i am waiting on agar and petri dishes.  and i have some LC and test tubes for later on in the process coming too.  im not sure about isolating yet, but im sure i can get the hang of it sooner or later. honestly, i dont even know the principles behind it, where to take the sample from out of the agar and what the reasoning is for taking it out of "that" place and not another...ive read alot on here, and have been trying things on my own just cuz i want to see what happens.  and how mycelium react to things.  but as far as actual isolation and cloning i dont know much.  if anyone can point me to a tek or any direction for that matter, id really enjoy it.  and if u would actually be able totalk with me thru the process.....even better......i am much in need of fellow mycologist(wannabe).

I would opt out of trying to obtain an isolate this early in the game. You can if you want, but your best bet would be to do some MS grows with agar and grab a few nice pins for clones. Then grow out those clones to find the best one. While you're doing that, you could be working on obtaining a nice isolate as well.
Cloning from pins is always better in my book. A fat healthy pin from a cluster and just drop it on agar.

--------------------
Fail to plan and you plan to fail.

Enter the Ban Lottery

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: supplies for a mycologist..... [Re: Buck513]
    #22283509 - 09/24/15 11:57 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

:whathesaid: isolating from spores is great but you need to isolate maybe 10 strains from a culture and then test each of them out.

When you clone, you still have to test but you have a better idea what you are going to get.  I say clone first to get some nice cultures, work on strain isolation as a side project

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

OfflinePsilosoulful

Re: supplies for a mycologist..... [Re: aerow.thefox]
    #22283573 - 09/24/15 12:14 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

aerow.thefox said:
Quote:

TheKingofLimbs said:
There is this roger rabbit guy that I found a video of... He's like the Jesus of Shroom Growing.

:rofl2:

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: supplies for a mycologist..... [Re: Psilosoulful]
    #22283890 - 09/24/15 01:12 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

a pc
a sab
5 boxes of qt jars
bags of grain
sfd's or poly
bag of poly
10 66 qt tubs
10 bricks of coir
big bag of verm
gypsum
lime
peat moss
syringes
scalpels
inoculation loop
foil
petris
parafilm
latex gloves
medical mask
70% alcohol
2 spray bottles
shroomery account
perlite
syringe filters
ships
soap
manure
straw
more qt jars
flowhood
puppet account for when you get paranoid
pussyfarts inbox link
link to franks shit
grow log
more qt jars
a gf who will put up with your shit

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlineaerow.thefox
professional amatuer
 User Gallery

Loc: living w/dimensional elve...
Re: supplies for a mycologist..... [Re: cronicr]
    #22283922 - 09/24/15 01:18 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:

a gf who will put up with your shit

:lolz0rz: this shit right here

--------------------
need a pc build list? i got you

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order