Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Opeth's Demon Of The Fall... and IN FLAMES' Jotun
    #2227521 - 01/08/04 04:17 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Greetings. Well, I thought I would share with ya'll two songs that we have recorded online. Opeth's Demon of the Fall and IN FLAMES' Jotun (this was posted before, but we have since redone it with much better quality and it is a lot better now), and Opeth's Demon of the Fall.

Um... oh ja, my dumb guitarist ( :grin:) took the sound effect intro to the actual song and pasted it in front of ours, so bear through that copyright infringment... Anyways, we are currently working on a couple songs of our own and are also planning on recording all sorts of covers as well for the fun of it.

Feel free to laugh at us.  :smirk:

This is just a link to the page that has the links for the songs.

Click here.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Opeth's Demon Of The Fall... and IN FLAMES' Jotun [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2228274 - 01/08/04 12:40 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Dude, I'm going to be totally honest with you, the Demon of the Fall cover kicks some serious ass! Definitely a huge improvement on Jotun as well.....very nice work.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Opeth's Demon Of The Fall... and IN FLAMES' Jotun [Re: Harbinger]
    #2228569 - 01/08/04 02:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hehe, thanks, man. I really like them too, Demon Of The Fall is metal as hell. hehe.

Its great, at 3:41, there is a part that uses a fretless, and I had just got the fretless bass. It was sort of broken, I had to fix the neck, but the part was easy so I ended up marking where I had to put my fingers to be able to play it.. its a little shaky, because the guitar was rather messed up, but I'm just glad I got to use it so soon. :grin:

But ja, we really haven't really recorded much recently, my guitarist's guitar broke, and now he has it fixed but is waiting on new strings. He plans on going insane and recording as many songs as he can, just all sorts of covers, for our own enjoyment and to sort of figure out where we want to head with our sound, and everything.

IN FLAMES' Stand Ablaze, Artifacts of the Black Rain, Reroute to Remain, Behind Space, Worlds Within the Margins... Dimmu Borgir's Arcane Lifeforce Mysteria, Tormentor Of Christian Souls... Opeth's Windowpane, I think... I know there is a lot by them he wants to try out. METALLICA's Disposable Heroes, too, but we don't have anyone to do Kirk's crazy leads... :grin: I want to get him to record some Dark Tranquillity and some IRON MAIDEN as well, and I think he is going to tab out a Borknagar song for us... That's what to look forward to, I guess. :grin:

We are working on some good originals as well.. its sort of hard when everyone is everywhere, but I guess that is how Meshuggah does it. :wink:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineHarbinger

#2228594 - 01/08/04 02:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, all of those songs you mentioned would be pretty cool to cover....I'm just going to throw this out there, but I think it would be cool if you guys did The Jesters Dance as well....plus its an instrumental too.
Speaking of Meshuggah, you should try to cover one of their songs too, give your drummer a little challenge hehe

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Opeth's Demon Of The Fall... and IN FLAMES' Jotun [Re: Harbinger]
    #2228653 - 01/08/04 02:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Harbinger said:
Yeah, all of those songs you mentioned would be pretty cool to cover....I'm just going to throw this out there, but I think it would be cool if you guys did The Jesters Dance as well....plus its an instrumental too. 
Speaking of Meshuggah, you should try to cover one of their songs too, give your drummer a little challenge hehe

Ja, I didn't mention The Jester's Dance, because I didn't know if he was going to or not, but he said he was playing it last night or something and it was a song we used to play back when we were together....

We can definitely look into Meshuggah. Of course, we don't have a drummer right now, so we are just using programmed MIDI being ran through my keyboardist's synth, to get a more realistic sound... :grin:

But ja, I've definitely got a lot of recording coming up soon. hehe
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2231053 - 01/09/04 12:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hahaha...nice.  :grin: Listening to Demon of the Fall.. Pretty decent recording.. how did you do it?

My only complaint is no vocals  :mad:

SILENT DANCE WITH DEATH! EVERYTHING IS LOST
Torn by the arrival of Autumn.
The blink of an eye, you know it's me.
You keep the dagger close at hand.
And you saw nothing.
False love turned to pure hate.
The wind cried a lamentation
before merging with the grey
DEMON! DEMON OF THE FALL!!!!!!!
Gasping for another breath
She rose, screaming at closed doors
Seductive faint mist forging
through the cracks in the wall
I shant resist
In tears for all of eternity
She turned around and faced me for the first time
Run away, run away
Just one second, and I was left with nothing
Her fragrance still pulsating through damp air
That day came to an end
And she had lost in me, her CREDENCE

Fuck ya.. I was singing and screaming along the whole time. excellent work  :thumbup:

Jotun sounds good also. You guys got something good going for sure. Do you have any originals or are you working to that?

We plan on doing a whole album of covers eventually.. opeth, death, deicide, helstar, nevermore, in flames, dream theater, zelda, contra... etc.. but that won't be until after our third album or so  :smirk:

It's good to start off with covers as that gets you tight as a band. But it sounds like you guys are almost waterproof.. .so start working on some originals! By the time we go on tour I want you fuckers opening for us every night. That's a threat AND a promise.  :grin:

and since when do you have to wait on strings? In amerikkka you can just go down to the local guitar center hell or action music or melodee music and pick them up 7 days a week. Get more then one set when you buy strings.

--------------------

OfflineHarbinger

Re: Opeth's Demon Of The Fall... and IN FLAMES' Jotun [Re: Shroomism]
    #2231407 - 01/09/04 02:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I usually just buy one set of strings at a time so I can have an excuse to play around with everything in the store :grin:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2231472 - 01/09/04 03:05 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

We used Cool Edit. We all picked up these direct inputs and hook up straight into our computer. If you guys remember the old Jotun we did, my guitarist was using a microphone and it was shitty as shit.. now he goes directly from his pedal. :grin:

Oh, and also, the drums are through my keyboardist's synth, we plugged in the MIDI's from Guitar Pro. He just chose a good drum kit and converted to mp3. :wink:

As for the vocals, no vocalist right now..  :frown: My guitarist (can't wait until he reads this!) fancies that he can sing, well, maybe he eventually can, but not now... well, actually, Demon of the Fall he might be able to do. If he comes up with anything quality we will add it... I'm working on learning how to sing, and am getting better, but I couldn't do it as of yet...

As for originals, we are working on some. My guitarist has at least one finished one that is really good, called Purity, and he is planning on recording that. I am currently working on, in my ever so humble, a kick ass song called Sweden. I considered posting a MIDI of it, but I would rather wait and not give any of you anything to expect (:evil:). Its incorporating the synth and some crazy ass lead harmonies in places, and a very insane chorus...

I am working on finishing it, but I have a ways to go. Well, maybe if you contact me, I can hook you up, but I guess I am also afraid of posting it in that form in case someone did steal it.. not that I think anyone would, but it is something I don't want to take chances on.

I'm also really looking forward to the day that we have an established sound and can put out a cover album.  :laugh: There would have to be some IN FLAMES, some METALLICA and IRON MAIDEN, maybe a Black Sabbath song, some TOOL, maybe some Dimmu Borgir or god only knows... we'd have to do an obscure cover too, of course, like one that doesn't sound anything like us, and make it our own..

As for the covers, they definitely do make a band tight as hell. Also help to really develop a common understanding between everyone about the different elements of the music you are going to be creating... we plan on doing this batch of covers I mentioned earlier to really elevate us, (working on a couple of originals as well then), and then about that time, I will be returning to the States, so we can form out the rest of my band and start playing together again...

I forgot to mention that we will be doing METALLICA's Orion, and we are planning on doing something really interesting with Master of Puppets. It won't be for a few months yet, so that my guitarist can work on getting those Kirk leads down and all, but what we will do is record it and use the main strings in the S and M version as a synth part... that will be very fun to do.  :thumbup:

Strings are readily available for him.. its just that he doesn't have any money right now and my girlfriend ordered him some, and they are waiting to arrive. :grin: Myself, the strings that came on my bass are still in good condition, even after all the punishment I've given them, and they still sound really decent. Elixirs, I believe. And I still have my extra set of strings I brought over, that were on my other bass....  :smirk:

Man, I can't wait to tour. I'm saving basically the rest of my money that I will be making in the next five months so I can get this really sweet SWR full stack package.. its like $1200, 400 watts. I can't fucking wait for that!  :nut: And I can't think of a better band to start touring with, to work on up with. All I want to do is tour with IN FLAMES, maybe have Anders come out and do vocals on a cover or one of ours.. or both.... I could then be shot in the head by the secret government's goons and I wouldn't care. :grin:

But ja, there is music that needs tending to, I can't fucking wait! I've got a few lines done and to be done, and a bass to go shred, so I must finish this now. (come on, you all knew that this post was obviously under the influence of some fucking substance.. how could it NOT be?!  :crazy2:)

Anyways, life is feeling pretty good right now.  :grin: (Just previewed this and my god!  :eek: Hehe, that is what happens when you get me going on my favourite subject, apparently.  :eyemouth:)
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2234296 - 01/11/04 02:55 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

sweet man.. I just got back from our show.. and all I can say is.. we hooked up with the right promoter guy and he loves our shit. This means good things in terms of many shows, local radio play, etc. The ball is majorly rolling for us and I'm loving every second of it. By the time you guys are ready, we will likely be well established and we will suck you away to tour.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2234366 - 01/11/04 04:34 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds fucking killer, man. Well, I'm coming back in June, and I dunno, I could see us being ready in at least a year.... we have a minor setback now, though, my guitarist is now getting a second job so he can pay off all of these bills, and he really isn't going to get to record anything for two months... I feel like a fool for being all excited and going on about all this stuff we were going to record... :frown:

I was talking to my lead guitarist the other night on the phone as well, and he's still interested in playing guitar for us... he's like me but smarter. :wink: He's really fucking good...

Anyways, I am going to see if it can be arranged to do just a couple of songs, when he would have time.. I can't really complain about him doing this because I was the one who was constantly telling him to get his shit together.. :grin:

But I will still be writing and playing bass, and I am going to work with my keyboardist on a lot of stuff so that we can keep busy, maybe just do some bass and synth stuff or something... and I will be recording all sorts of stuff just me so I can post on here, so ya'll can hear me play. :wink:

Well, fucking sweet. I'm talking to him right now and he said he got Artifacts of the Black Rain recorded last night... :thumbup:

But ja, I really appreciate you wanting to take us out, because then we wouldn't have such a hard time getting gigs in the first place, and then we would have some connections with other bands and the owner's of those gigs, and then we would have more experience so we could get gig's elsewhere easier.. anyways, I can't wait, it'll be the time of my life. :laugh: This is what I live for.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies