Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Stupid English News Item Provides Stupid Shroom Mis-Info
    #2225978 - 01/07/04 01:07 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Okay gang,

I tried to post i this in the News Service Forum only it is not working. Later someone here can send it tot he News Service Forum.

mj
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I was adding several new Items of interst to my web site Grape Vine which provides views with news items related to magic shrooms beginning in the late 1700s and up to the presnt time.

I came across this old one filled with misinformation. A second article preceeding this one said that shrooms were like heroin, but this one takes the cake.

I hope everyone enjoys a good laugh at the stupidity of the Daily Telegraph in as much as they report that the information came from their Science Correspondant

[MJ wonders what school of thought this person attended to become a Science Correspondant]

Read and laugh.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Daily Telegraph
Friday November 18, 1977

Happy Trance
'Sacred Mushroom'

Our Science Correspondant writes: Psilocin, whose effects are more similar to the hallucinogen LSD than to heroin, was an ingredient of the sacred mushrooms of Mexico, sometimes eaten by people who were about to be sacrificed to the Aztec War God.

The victem, his visual senses flooded with marvellous intensification of light and colour, walked up the steps of sacrafice in a happy trance, careless of the agony that was to come.

Many people, some for respectable scientific reasons, have for many years, been bringing the spores of Mexican mushrooms to grow them in Britain. A cross between ordinary mushrooms and toadstools, they can be recognized by their orange spots.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Excuse the French, but what the fuck is he talking about; Orange Spots , my ass.

mj

I am also still adding three more articles today to the English section o my grape vine news items.

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/news11a.htm

And another in the Wales portion of the Grape Vine

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/news24.htm

have a shroomy day,

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Stupid English News Item Provides Stupid Shroom Mis-Info [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2226001 - 01/07/04 01:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

They have a very vivid imagination :tongue:

the news forum is fully moderated so you don't see your post right after you make it; it has to be approved by one of the mods

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #2226070 - 01/07/04 01:51 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I dont think the article is that bad really..cant comment on the orange spots though! Excellent site by the way!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Stupid English News Item Provides Stupid Shroom Mis-Info [Re: stefan]
    #2226075 - 01/07/04 01:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Stefan, after I hit submit it opens to a script page telling me to register. One of those MYSL pages

mj

So something is off at that forum.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Stupid English News Item Provides Stupid Shroom Mis-Info [Re: GazzBut]
    #2226143 - 01/07/04 02:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

They were never eaten by victems being sacraficed to Aztec War Gods. ANd the beginning of that sentence
Quote:

Many people, some for respectable scientific reasons, have for many years, been bringing the spores of Mexican mushrooms to grow them in Britain. A cross between ordinary mushrooms and toadstools,

In 1977, people were picking liberty caps in UK and they were not growing shrooms in UK i until High TImes and home grown sold kits in UK to grow them with spores from Mexico but noit from English people going to Mexico to get spores.

And furthermore, a statement such calling the magic shrooms as
Quote:

a cross between ordinary mushrooms and a toadstool

is absolutely stupid.

mj

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #2226260 - 01/07/04 02:54 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You have proof that sacrifice victims didnt eat mushrooms? Id be surprised if they didnt. The mushrooms were considered holy, the sacrices were considered holy. It makes sense they would put them together doesnt it??

Quote:

In 1977, people were picking liberty caps in UK and they were not growing shrooms in UK i until High TImes and home grown sold kits in UK to grow them with spores from Mexico but noit from English people going to Mexico to get spores. 

It seems highly likely that many scientists from the UK would have visited south america before 1977. I wouldnt be at all surprised if some of them brought spores back and cultivated them. Of course most people would have simply picked liberty caps.

Quote:

is absolutely stupid. 

Thats a bit harsh! Surely it was just a poorly constructed metaphor!  :grin:

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineSorceroom
Mycophile
Loc: Nottingham, England
    #2231497 - 01/09/04 03:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Haha this doesnt suprise me at all! Typically, the guardian wrote a well-informed article on mushrooms: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1095822,00.html , but the telegraph can only manage a poorly researched piece. I can see many newspapers doing the same and I suspect shrooms will be illegal within the next couple of years :frown:

--------------------
You are entering the realm of imagination and dreams, which is not subject to time and space...

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2235007 - 01/11/04 03:35 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

lol, 2 holys must go together! heaven is holy to christians and so is helping people. does it make sense that christians kill themselves when they help people?

its ridiculous to say that the aztecs did this or that. there is limited information about their culture and expecially their religion.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #2235198 - 01/11/04 05:38 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You think someone tripping would 'walk up the steps of sacrafice in a happy trance, careless of the agony that was to come'?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2242827 - 01/14/04 10:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have studied the Florentince Codices and others from the Nahuautl to the Spanish and to the English. Aztec pries served shrooms to visiting dignitaries at moctozuma's coronation. And they considered them as God's Flesh buit they did not use them to see god. That is only a Western Civilizations viewpoint of t what they did.

And that article was written by no expert of anything. There was very limited knowledge in 1977.. Only about a total of six hundred scientific publisherd papaers and only fifty reference to the sacred mushrooms between 1545 and 1900 A.D.

I have studied the role of shaman and m3edicine man, brujo, cunranderos, etc of the Aztec, Olmec, Toltec, and of the mazatec for many years.

the sacrificial victems did not partake of shrooms.

mj

Read Sahagun and Diegop Duran and otheers, motolina, benevenuto, etc. Hernandez and the writings of Cortez.

mj

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #2272410 - 01/25/04 06:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

This could be handy for growers... imagine someone stumbling onto a grow.

"They can't be the illegal type of mushroom, they don't have orange spots!"

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Re: Stupid English News Item Provides Stupid Shroom Mis-Info [Re: Tantalus]
    #2272801 - 01/25/04 08:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

They can't be an illegal type of mushroom because it's legal to grow *all* mushrooms here  :cool:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags