Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Aquarium Heaters
    #2223548 - 01/06/04 03:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I am about to purchase an aquarium heater for incubation purposes. I'm using a 10 gallon rubbermaid for the outer container, filling it with some water, putting in the soon-to-be-purchased heater and then plan to find some sort of tupperware container to put the jars in and plop in the water. A few questions:
I assume the aquarium heater needs to be submersible right?

Second, is there a significant problem getting a heater with too high wattage? Should I get a 25 watt or 50 watt or what?

Finally, are there brands of aquarium heaters that are unreliable? right now I'm looking at Hagen, but ive also seen Aquatic Gardens, Aquarium Systems, Marineland, Visitherm and Penn Plax.

Any help or links much appreciated,
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecrazychemist
Spreader ofSpores

Re: Aquarium Heaters [Re: Tao]
    #2223571 - 01/06/04 03:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I use a 125w for mine. It is a 59 qt. Rubbermaid tub. Works great! I would get more watts rather than too few. It will always shut off when it hits the temp, but if it is always running that isn't the best.

This is what I have. Has a built in temp dial, no guessing on temps!

http://www.epetpals.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?search=action&keywords="jager"

--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

Offlineoutaker
cack
Re: Aquarium Heaters [Re: crazychemist]
    #2223653 - 01/06/04 03:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Crazychemist:

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=EJ1115

Is this a similar one that you have? The one I have (not an Ebo-Jager) doesn't have a temperature gauge on it, so I pretty much have to guess, wait, and check before I get the desired temperature. I can't really tell, but is that the gauge on the top (the blue part), with temperature readings? If so I might consider it so I can get afoaf's fruiting chamber the best temperature.

Thanks.

Offlinecrazychemist
Spreader ofSpores

Re: Aquarium Heaters [Re: outaker]
    #2224059 - 01/06/04 07:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

outaker said:
Crazychemist:

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=EJ1115

Is this a similar one that you have? The one I have (not an Ebo-Jager) doesn't have a temperature gauge on it, so I pretty much have to guess, wait, and check before I get the desired temperature. I can't really tell, but is that the gauge on the top (the blue part), with temperature readings? If so I might consider it so I can get afoaf's fruiting chamber the best temperature.

Thanks.

Yes sir. That is the same one but it is 100w instead of 125w. Great heater! The temp gauge is the blue ring on the top.

--------------------
The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room.
-Waking Life

Offlinedarkfly
LysergicExperimenter

#2225930 - 01/07/04 12:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Most of the ones I have seen sold at pet stores have a thermometer type of guage on the side and you twist the knob on top to put the indicator right on the temperature you want. You can get this one at PetSmart for about $22.

--------------------
Everything Is Blue In This World. The Deepest Shade Of Mushroom Blue.

Offlinedannynosleeves
    #2262541 - 01/22/04 10:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have used several different kinds of heaters and I have found that you really get your moneys worth the more you spend. I have the same setup and I use the pro aquatics largest size heater set at about 83 and it keeps it consten at about 84 to 86

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale