Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDetox
StraightTrippin'
Loc: Alberta and Saskatchewan,...
Expected ounces per cake???
    #2222173 - 01/06/04 01:24 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

A couple of guys were sitting around talking about experimenting with some jars turned into casings through your instruction manual for "50/50 + Casing Tek" in your post search.  The strain they would be using is equador.  They were contemplating inoculating 3 cc's into each of the jars through 4 holes (3/4 cc per hole).  The terrarium in this case would be a clear type plastic rubbermaid tub with a plexiglass insertion in the lid, a drip shield, an Ultra Sonic Humidifier passed through 2 liter bottles to allow the air two swirl and condense, and directly overhead lighting set on a timer.

The question I have for everyone is, if there is no problems with contamination, what kind of weight in mushrooms still in the fresh (non-dried) stage may one casing produce on both a single picking and altogether?  I know this amount will vary dramatically, but what would a typical high, low, and average be?  And if they just went with the cake and didn't bother turning it into a casing?

PS. I love this board!!!! :cool:

--------------------
Knowledge is like a drug, once you sample it it can become addicting... I guess I just have an addictive personality...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Expected ounces per cake??? [Re: Detox]
    #2222186 - 01/06/04 01:38 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

forget the ultrasonic and bottle set up,forget the drip sheid.
do a serch for "poor mans pod" and build one.

a single cake will produce from 0 to 10 grams dry (1 dry gram equals about 9 to 10 wet grams.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlineluigi
journeyman
Re: Expected ounces per cake??? [Re: Detox]
    #2222414 - 01/06/04 06:30 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I usually get 1/2 oz total off one cake.But that's for B+ some other strains I've grown out don't do as well in my climate.Maz.do very well in the summer months for me also but now in cold weather it's B+. So try a few strains and see which one does the best for where you live and the time of the year it is.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix