Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAton
Shamdelier

Loc: North East
Wanting a smooth mescaline trip
    #2219041 - 01/04/04 06:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm new to the Shroomery, so i'd like to say hello to everyone before i start.

Me and 3 Friends are gonna dose some san pedro, i've been looking up san pedro and like that, and i'm come to the conclusion i pretty much wanna dose on about 400 mg of mescaline, and have a good hefty trip since we dunno when the next time were gonna trip will be.  How much san pedro am i gonna need to get 400 mg? i've heard people saying 12 inch cuttings, but i dunno what the diameter is of them.  so i have no way to judge what the dose of a 12 inch cutting with a 4 cm diameter, or a 2 cm diamter. another thing is, anyone have any good reciepes, i have a juicer but i wanna know what the best method of ingesting would be.  if you've stuck with me this far, i thank you and would wish it if you could just give me some advice about the above or anything else.

And thanks to Slipknot420 for turning me on to mescaline with his excellent trip report.  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: Wanting a smooth mescaline trip [Re: Aton]
    #2219142 - 01/04/04 07:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

There really is no way to do an exact dose of mescaline using san pedro. Both the concentrations of mescaline in san pedro are very variable, as are the methods of ingestion.

By 400 mg I'm assuming you want a moderate to intense, pleasant experience, plenty of visuals but nothing too out of this world.

All I can say is that when I did mescaline I did 1.5 cuttings, about 20 inches total. They were about 3 inches on average in diameter. And that was the exact type of trip I had.

My method of ingestion was peeling, cutting out the center core, drying, and eating the dried chips. They taste pretty bad, in all I had 36 grams dried to eat, and after 1/2 were done I really wanted them all to be done. I was relieved once I got them down, but then my stomach gave me trouble, and for about 1.5 hours I had to focus on not throwing up, a feeling that I'm sure many people here have had to endure before. So that is it from my experience so I recommend finding another way.

But even if u eat it, once you get through those first 2 hours, be prepared for a wonderful experience! :smile:

EDIT: Here is my trip report if you want an idea what my trip off 1.5 cuttings was like. BTW, I got my cuttings from Bouncing Bear Botanicals, a fine shroomery sponsor. I believe several of the other sponsors have it as well.
My Experience

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Edited by jong21 (01/04/04 08:00 PM)

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2219161 - 01/04/04 08:13 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Aton said:
And thanks to Slipknot420 for turning me on to mescaline with his excellent trip report.  :smile:

haha no problem :smile:
welcome to the shroomery

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Wanting a smooth mescaline trip [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2219196 - 01/04/04 08:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sorry, but I jsut have to mention that saying "I want a smooth trip on mescaline," or any other psychedelic, is alot like saying "I want to have a smooth flight to Denver." There are things you can do to try to prepare, but in the end, you only have so much control over the situation.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Re: Wanting a smooth mescaline trip [Re: Teon]
    #2219292 - 01/04/04 09:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I agree with Teon, my previous post didn't convey that but it is true, just go into it with a good mindset and with good friends/people you trust, and sober people generally around...although I was able to go off on my own and be fine, you should wait until you have funny come up and make sure you know yourself well enough before doing something like that.

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

OfflineAton
Shamdelier

Re: Wanting a smooth mescaline trip [Re: Teon]
    #2219304 - 01/04/04 09:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

See, i heard that the mescaline in the san pedro was created from dangourous conditions in which they have,lack of water, preaditors and such, and i was wondering if i should buy a cactus and then starve it for a growing season to up the mescaline count in it. their by insuring their is a high amount of mescaline in it, but....what's the possiblity of overdosing?

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

#2219429 - 01/04/04 10:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

well I think 1.5 cuttings of normal san pedro will do you fine. If it isn't enough, you can go to greater lengths the next time, don't be greedy when it comes to stuff like this. See how you handle a conservative, known amount and then up it later if you feel you can handle more. That's my advice.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2219514 - 01/05/04 12:37 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

you wont overdose on mescaline.
nanook has taken over 1.5 grams of pure mescaline sulfate and was fine.(thats alot BTW)

for a first time, I recommend you eat 12 inchs of a cati. now you can still eat a cati that hasn't been starved but the content isn't the same. also remember that starving will increase the content but the weight also drops, so its all in ratio too.

I journey'd with one of my friends who had a cati that was starved for over one year. its was very small in diameter but that was one of the strongest doses I ever had.

so in conclusion, I recommend you take one 12 inch cutting and use the PC method to make a tea out of it. also I heard that adding ice cubes help with the taste.

OfflineAton
Shamdelier

Re: Wanting a smooth mescaline trip [Re: ]
    #2220669 - 01/05/04 01:39 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

thank you everyone, sorry if the "wanting a smooth mescaline trip" sounded alittle ignorant, i could have worded it differently.  Thanks for all your help everyone :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2220774 - 01/05/04 02:30 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Pedro doesn't produce mescaline to defend against predators. Young cacti - the most vulnerable to predators contain practically no mescaline.

Stressing them with lack of water isn't really worth trying according to K Trout. There might be something in it but if there is it's so tiny as to make no difference.

Practically zero chance of overdosing on san pedro - for most people the difficult bit is drinking enough to reach a psychedelic dose.

Anonymous

Re: Wanting a smooth mescaline trip [Re: Xlea321]
    #2221016 - 01/05/04 04:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Pedro doesn't produce mescaline to defend against predators. Young cacti - the most vulnerable to predators contain practically no mescaline.

Stressing them with lack of water isn't really worth trying according to K Trout. There might be something in it but if there is it's so tiny as to make no difference.

everywhere I have read they say stressing the cati will help(ie. lack of water). when you were a kid you didn't have the natural defenses yet. only when you are older does it come. I believe its the same with cati, but I could be wrong since this is just a theory. I don't know whether is a defense either though, I have heard that it is and have heard that it isn't.

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

#2222158 - 01/06/04 01:17 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think generally psychoactive substances like mescaline, psilocybin, etc, could be considered defensive in that an animal that eats cacti or mushrooms containing the substance will trip out, not like it, and quickly learn to not eat that type of cactus/mushroom again. So it isn't like the mescaline is protection for that individual cactus, but for the species as a whole.

--------------------

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Wanting a smooth mescaline trip [Re: jong21]
    #2222245 - 01/06/04 02:19 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yea thats true...but then again, maybe the psychoactive substances that are supposed to act as defensive protection would flip around and become the reason that an animal is drawn to that particular plant. Im sure (aside from humans) there are many monkeys who wouldnt mind trippin out every once in a while. Nevertheless, the psilocybin-mescaline content was a failure in being defensive for Im sure 1000X more magic mushrooms and psychadelic cacti have been eaten over the course of history due to there secret contents.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2222299 - 01/06/04 03:05 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

when you were a kid you didn't have the natural defenses yet

But kids generally have parents to protect them.

My take on this is that if mescaline is a defence against predators it would have it's highest concentration in young plants. Instead it has it's highest concentration in ancient gnarly old plants that no predator would look twice at.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Wanting a smooth mescaline trip [Re: jong21]
    #2222301 - 01/06/04 03:07 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think generally psychoactive substances like mescaline, psilocybin, etc, could be considered defensive in that an animal that eats cacti or mushrooms containing the substance will trip out, not like it

I read a story about sheep in scotland that will ignore all other foodstuffs in order to eat magic mushrooms when they appear. They run around and seem to have a great time.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#2222493 - 01/06/04 08:06 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Back to the question on preparation- I have heard that adding lemon juice or something else acidic helps the taste greatly as the cacti are very alkaline, thus bitter. I don't have any experience with the cacti, but I have heard that this is the case. Hope to try it soon, it sounds like a great trip.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Wanting a smooth mescaline trip [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2222500 - 01/06/04 08:13 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Lime juice only helps about as much as putting ketchup on a dog turd would. It's still gonna taste like shit.

I've tried everything and never been able to get past the taste of it.

OfflineAton
Shamdelier

#2223738 - 01/06/04 04:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i've heard of people cutting the cactus into spears (much like pickle spears), and frying them in olive oil or butter , and adding many herbs, such as orengano and rosemary. anyone know if the strong herbs would cover up the taste, or make it taste better?

--------------------

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2223772 - 01/06/04 04:48 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

If you find you are gagging while injesting the cactii, most likely the trip will be rouph---not smooth and nausea will be much greater. I find capsules work the best. Even though you will be taking down quite a few, atleast you wont have that taste in your mouth. Again nothing is guranteed.

Anonymous

#2224777 - 01/07/04 12:20 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
when you were a kid you didn't have the natural defenses yet

But kids generally have parents to protect them.

My take on this is that if mescaline is a defence against predators it would have it's highest concentration in young plants. Instead it has it's highest concentration in ancient gnarly old plants that no predator would look twice at.

mushrooms increase psilocybin production throughout there growth until the caps break(so is psilocybin apart of there defense, I would say yes). many animals leave there young alone to survive by themselves(ie. sea turtles). and if I was hungry, I would go for the big plants first.  I think most animal would go for the big plant too. its easy to get alot out of it. :laugh:

peace

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies