Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Real poison!
    #2213080 - 01/01/04 10:37 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It has taken me a complete lunation to recover from the poisoning I suffered as a result of eating  just one small Inocybe  Geophylla-mistaken for p.semilanceata-.They really are nasty guys,this has not been any fun BEWARE! :alert:

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStonerware
That Guy
Loc: East Coast
Re: Real poison! [Re: Silverwolf]
    #2213110 - 01/01/04 11:30 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

What happened to ya. What kinda symptoms and such?

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody in the world who tries to makes us uncomfortable." HST

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #2213131 - 01/01/04 12:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Your experience shows why we place a high importance on getting spore prints for identification.

Glad to hear you got over the illness.

Happy mushrooming!

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
    #2213256 - 01/01/04 01:35 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hum you should really ask people here to identify the mushrooms you find, if you don't have alot of experience...

cuz Inocybe Geophylla certainly don't really look like libs!

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#2219758 - 01/05/04 02:46 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

And more to the point, you still havent told us what this inocybe actually did to you

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #2221475 - 01/05/04 07:51 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

general notice:

i've dumped all the tailspun crap in this thread.
if i see anymore flaming, or off topic posting in this thread, by anyone i'm gonna start handing out asswhoopings.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Re: Real poison! [Re: canid]
    #2223493 - 01/06/04 02:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

its a pity because I did explain how it happened.which I may still do once I've found the stamina!

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2223589 - 01/06/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Lonewolf....I know what its like being poisoned. I mistaked a huge green gilled Lepiota for a Cubie and was poisoned by that fucker when I was an innexperienced hunter and not a part of this forum. I was throwing up and shitting for a good 20 hours, 18 of those spent in the hospital. I couldnt even stand up when they were taking my X-ray and at some points I didnt know whether or not to puke in the toilet or just sit on it ad puke in a bucket. Yea...it was coming out both ends and my body was totally immursed in just cramping pain. I had hot flashes with cold sweats and snappin in and out of consciouness in the hospital while I continued to throw up in the bed pan....a few times I remember blood being puked up with the regualr dry heaves yellow stomach acids. It was one of the worst experiences ever....Good thing I had my sober girlfriend to take care of me. I cannot stand the taste of mushrooms anymore since that experiece caused my stomach to turn and I gag at the taste of shrooms. Of course I still take them...but usually in capsules or tea.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #2223910 - 01/06/04 06:01 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm, lonewolf, you experienced muscarine poisoning i beleive, sweating, blurred vision, headache, nausea without vomiting.  basic cholinergic poisoning.
i ought to know, ive eaten the same mushrooms when i was like 16 and diddn't know what i was doing.
thats all it took :smile:
feels sorta like sand in your brain.
its very rare for muscaraine poisoning to result in death.
heres a pic of teh exact mushrooms i ate.
yes, they are toxic, no, don't eat these, i was young and stupid, i took some bad advise, now i try to see that doesn't happen to others.

OfflineSl1p
redi jedi
Re: Real poison! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2231690 - 01/09/04 04:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

That one on the far right looks like some poor guys penis got cut off. really really.

Im sorry to hear about the poisoning ya suffered, both of ya. It's really too bad when shit like that happens, why must there be poison mushrooms in the world? WHY!? erm.

So how did you ID it after all that? Just scanning through some books looking at pictures or did you show someone else more expierenced where they where and had him/her ID it?

--------------------
Life's a bitch make it yours.

Offlinezygus
Ev

Loc: Butte County, CA
Re: Real poison! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #2240850 - 01/14/04 03:33 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

nice pic pos or not

InvisibleSlite
Lost in Life
 User Gallery
Loc: UK
Re: Real poison! [Re: zygus]
    #2241168 - 01/14/04 09:25 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I can see how the top one could be mistaken as a lib to an inexperienced hunter. Does anyone have a list off all the lookalikes (posionous or not) of p.semis? That would be a pretty handy reference.

--------------------
"You can either believe you can do something, or believe you can't.... either way your right"

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Real poison! [Re: Slite]
    #2244752 - 01/15/04 05:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

it would not be possible to provide a list of all the lookalikes, as lookalikenes is extremely subjective. any given mushroom might look, to one mycophile, like P. semilanceata; while, to another, it may be so obviously not that the thought would never enter their mind.

to my way of thinking, there are no mushrooms, apart from some other psilocybes, that are close enough to P. semilanceata to be mistaken. others, like lonewolf, might find similarities in a mushroom like Inocybe geophylla, and not know [at the time] for which differences to check. in cases like this, there is no real way to number the possibilities for confusion.

if you intend to eat a mushroom, you must be able to tell what it is, not just what it is not [although it is good to learn to rule out the deadly species early on, long before consuming any wild finds]..

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag