Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

I'm nocturnal
    #2205287 - 12/28/03 05:22 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Fuck, this is really getting out of hand. I can't remember the last time I went to sleep earlier than midnight for more than two consecutive days. Must have been years, really.

I posted a few months ago about this shit, but nothing seems to have helped. If any of you have posted on the "Goodnight Shroomery!" thread on here or on The Dark Underbelly forums, you will notice that it was really a selfish diagnosis of myself to see when I went to bed. The results were horrendous.

I go to bed no earlier than 3 AM, and always wake up no later then 4 PM. If I wake up earlier, I feel like shit and I desire more sleep.

Sure, it's great for the late night partier, but I don't like going to parties anymore.

:shake:

I'm trying to think of why I sleep so late. Probably because it's more private at night, and more peaceful. I can have some nice conversations with people, or scour some BB's for some interesting threads. Also, I feel like if I go to bed earlier than midnight, I am wasting a lot of time.

But it's really getting to be a problem. I miss class (last semester), a bunch of my friends are asleep (at least during the weekdays), and I can't even go out and do things because it's the middle of the night!

Something must be done. I've tried not sleeping for an entire day several times, but then I just sleep for 15+ hours and my schedule once again is fucked. This is really out of control. I don't mind going to bed late, I just really need to wake up before noon (and not feel like a sack of shit)!

I don't want to take any sleeping medication. I've tried a glass of red wine before bed too; doesn't help. Smoking weed doesn't do the trick either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: I'm nocturnal [Re: daba]
    #2205300 - 12/28/03 05:29 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

do i even have to mention it? :noway:

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2205333 - 12/28/03 06:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

dude, i could have posted just about the same thing.
when i was in boot camp the excersize did the trick and knocked me into a reasonable sleep pattern. but now i just don't have the willpower to change it.
Were kinda missing out on alota socializing, seeing as most of the "normal world" is on a whole different shift.
If you really wana sleep, wake up early and excersize it will work.

--------------------

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2205339 - 12/28/03 06:22 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe you should look into meditation. That could help. It would relax you and also clear your mind. I have the same problem. My mind is over-active at night so it's very hard to get to sleep. If you can manage to clear your mind, you may be able to get a good nights rest.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2213169 - 01/01/04 12:20 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've been trying melatonin lately and it really seems to be doing the trick. It may just be a placebo, but I've been sleeping fitfully lately. You can pick up a bottle for like 3 bucks at any pharmacy. I take well over the dosage, cuz its level where it becomes lethal is astronomically high, and I still wake up on time (not groggy or anything).

Hope I helped

~Peace

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2213392 - 01/01/04 03:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Get a dayjob dude, and start going to sleep earlier..... what's your question exactly?

you an insomniac? Doctors may be able to assist you. Personally, I enjoy being the semi-nocturnal weirdo I am :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (01/01/04 03:11 PM)

Offlinenihilist
another systemof control

Loc: USA
    #2214098 - 01/01/04 11:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

daba, have you been like this all your life? by that i mean highschool and on.

in hs I used to stay up every night until 3 in the morning, then go to school feeling like a zombie. for a few months I wouldn't even sleep every other night just so that I could get a GOOD nights sleep, but i'd still stay up too late and go to school crashing even harder.

i think that some people just don't have a regular 24 hour day cycle. i'd be interested in a study being done on myself in a room outside of the sun and moon cycles of day to see just how long my day would be. i'm guessing at about 30-32 hours if i stayed up and slept as i wish.

people like us will just have to adapt, and its never easy. dreamer987 had the right idea with exercise, that helps. if i get an early morning job and follow it up with a good one or two mile jog afterwards, then get EVERYTHING i have to do that day done, that usually gets me tired enough to smoke some weed, chill for a while, and then get some sleep, but i still never get enough, no matter what.

I don't want to rely on any sort of sleep aid. that just sets a person up for dependence. a friend of mine, who uses his advice DAILY said that drinking heavily is the answer to getting to sleep. he sure was right, but after a while of that, you just come to need it to get ANY sleep, and i didn't want to walk too far down that road.

another good idea is to check this forum and any others right after getting everything else done, but before any late hour of the night. the internet is a big factor in sleep. i can entertain myself well into the night just on this board alone, soaking up the knowledge on here, but two facts (the time of this post and the forum it is in) will tell you that i'm not taking my own advice. instead, i'm here trying to find an alternative to going to bed tonight.

after years of going on like this, i think i've almost become addicted to the feeling of running on empty. i'm sure you know that one... when you say 'if i can stay ujp all night and the next day, i'll get to sleep early tomorrow for sure and be back on a good schedule.' anyway, i hope this helps you in some way.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2216647 - 01/03/04 12:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Also, I feel like if I go to bed earlier than midnight, I am wasting a lot of time. 

I can relate.  Thats exactly how I feel alot of the time.  No matter what I do, I gravitate towards staying up very late at night. I do alot of writing, and so thats when I do the most of it...at night.  I've tried to write during the day, but I feel -uncomfortable- doing it.  Its odd...

I wish I could help.  I don't exactly mind being a nocturnal sort of person.  But I can understand the aggravation it sometimes causes because everything closed when you wake up again after a late night.  It sometimes makes me depressed too, when I haven't seen the light of day for about two weeks.  :tongue:

Well, take care man.  I hope you find a viable solution. 

truly,

ShadeGirl

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #2219779 - 01/05/04 02:57 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Go to bed like normal at 3, however, wake up earlier than you normally would. Allow yourself only 6 hours sleep. The following night, go to sleep when you feel most comfortable. (Also.. the day is going to suck, you're going to feel drained and grogy from not enough sleep... but its more effective than just staying awake) Continue this routine, working closer to your ideal awakening one hour at a time. You ease yourself into the sleep routine, and it sticks much more strongly than other methods (Trust me, I know.... -says the guy typing a response at 5am, you think? Well, I'm just getting up. So Wah!-)

Muffin Mix, and Cherry sticks.
Elephant pie, and Purple skies.
Left to their own devices, they will surely die.
Question your reasoning, you know why.

Anonymous #1

#2221936 - 01/05/04 11:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You think you're sleeping schedule is fucked up? I go to bed at noon and wake up around midnight

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: I'm nocturnal [Re: ]
    #2222031 - 01/06/04 12:20 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

man its 3 here and im not in bed, dont plan on going soon either.. i got the same prob, always have.. its like if i go to bed earlier its a waste.. i mean i got stuff i can do. lol why cant we be normal?

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds